Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Yeah the balance stuff that was literally two people were kinda bleh. I'm glad they at least have the others there joking and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it's better when they can heckle if nothing else.

only tangentially related, but MBMBAM is the one of the few podcasts where I listen to the ads, specifically because they're loving around while they do it. (Rude Tales of Magic and the Beef and Dairy Network Podcast are the only others I can think of offhand.)

e: I disliked the sad backstory drug flashback episode (s?)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah. Some top moments have happened in the Money Zone.

For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvJ3SqMyeaI

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It was a Munch Squad, not a money zone, but once we get into "you dumb piece of poo poo" territory I have to post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObOVjTFa_9I

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The extreme restraints ads were the funniest any podcast, mcelroy or otherwise, has ever been

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcSnTv1TkY8

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

They should have submitted the extreme restraints bits for their consideration for best ad read.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey goons! Many years ago TAZ got me really into the idea of TTRPG and game design. After ages of posturing I finally nutted up and recently Kickstarted and printed my first game, DEAD IN THE WEST! To celebrate I've GM'd a few episodes of an actual-play podast called RPG Roulette, a miniseries called "Martingale". The show has been extremely fun to record. It's set during the Big Die-Up (which I've always found a fascinating period in American history) and the players have an absolute blast. Thought it's something folks here might potentially be interested to check out. Either way, I wanted to share because I'm super proud of it and it feels a long time coming.

If you wanna listen, the podcast is available on Appe Podcasts here!

If you understandably hate Apple, you can also listen here. Or Spotify.

Also I run a small, kinda popular Youtube channel called Infranaut where I've uploaded the complete miniseries.

If you're curious, I'd love to heat what folks think as I'd be interested in producing more content like this in the future.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

flavor.flv posted:

If you have tiktok and aren't already following Tom Cardy, please rectify, he's Australia's BDG. Here's him with Montaigne to prove it:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7023829123151842562
Just popping by to thank you for your trip to the bounds of McElroy-adjacency. I have now lost count of how many times I have listened to this man recount the tale of That Time Frodo Got Stabbed by a Dementor.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m partial to Big Breakfast myself

https://youtu.be/EHIHl8Rw6W8

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I downloaded an old mbmbam to listen to and there was a front ad acknowledging that I was listening to an old episode but reminding me that the Maxfundrive 2022 was going on. I'm never going to not be weirded out by dynamic ads.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
These days the only thing that tempts me to re-sub to maxfun is giving money to the Beef & Dairy Network do to stuff like this where they hire a professional singer to perform the Beef Call number live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU1XXR7nLB0

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wow. Griffin just dropping what on its face sounds like a terrible personal story but then laughing it off.

Talking about him getting detention for being late to school after stating overnight with his mom in the hospital then never going back to school again. (I assume that was when she died)

Zero One fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 26, 2022

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Man I forgot how dire the Max Fun Drive episodes are. There was about 15 minutes of actual entertainment sandwiched inside 45 minutes of begging.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
max fun drive always feels like it lasts 2 months and feels so scummy to me

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Raccoonboy posted:

max fun drive always feels like it lasts 2 months and feels so scummy to me

there’s nothing scummy about buying Jesse Thorn a cabin what are you talking about

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
That said, I don’t think there’s anything particularly scummy about a media group that’s semi-ad supported asking for pledges/donations though.

I find it weird when people insist that “ad revenue should be enough” or “pick one or the other” or make some other argument that basically boils down to setting some arbitrary limit on how much money somebody is allowed to make.

It’s like being annoyed about there being a merch table at a concert because “we already paid for tickets”.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I like Triple Click a lot, it's probably my favorite max fun show overall these days. They have good regular bonus poo poo too.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Zero One posted:

Wow. Griffin just dropping what on its face sounds like a terrible personal story but then laughing it off.

Talking about him getting detention for being late to school after stating overnight with his mom in the hospital then never going back to school again. (I assume that was when she died)

barely even bleak compared to the classic "going to Golden Corral on Christmas right after Mom died because it was closest to the cemetery" story lol

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea I didn't feel like jumping around through the episode to find the non fund raising content so I just turned it off somewhere in the middle. It shouldn't annoy me cuz I know it's how they get paid but I also don't wanna listen to it :nyoron:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Entropic posted:

These days the only thing that tempts me to re-sub to maxfun is giving money to the Beef & Dairy Network do to stuff like this where they hire a professional singer to perform the Beef Call number live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU1XXR7nLB0

I've only just started getting into B&DN, partly because of this video someone posted (probably in this thread) a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMHVLl2H3c

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've only just started getting into B&DN, partly because of this video someone posted (probably in this thread) a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMHVLl2H3c

Whenever I see a Hyundai reversing I think of Parsnip Flendercroft.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
If you like Beef and Dairy, I recommend the BBC radio sketch show Small Scenes. Written in part by Partridge, there's a lot of the regular Beef and Dairy cast involved as well.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The other Justin McElroy is doing threads again…

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1518419680783847424?s=21&t=CuFtRShJumh36QVr_h9txA

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oDJ2B9brT8

MaxFunDrive 2022: Fast and Furious and Justin and Sydnee and Hobbs and Shaw is now happening live, just started 5 minutes ago

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What is the trans media idea in progress the brothers teased as their bonus content?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

George H.W. oval office posted:

What is the trans media idea in progress the brothers teased as their bonus content?

It’s one of these:

-A family sitcom about a 10 year-old boy with the mind of a T-Rex (note: not a T-Rex with the mind of a 10 year-old boy)
-A game show where a family is in an escape room but nothing works and there is a button to dispense diapers for them to poop in because they can’t get out
-A dating show where the contestants can’t see each other and have to text date but some of them are sexy AI chat bots
-A documentary where the McElroy brothers explore their sexuality with each other

Also: They did drop some news in the episode that the TAZ animated show is stuck in a development rut. It’s not cancelled but it’s not really moving forward either.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 27, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Found the transmedia experience

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519495072802390016?s=20&t=tIBWQt6zqoikkYb_7CxdLQ

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

“Dear Elon....”

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Maxfun drive getting out of hand.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Maxfun drive getting out of hand.

never mind a rocket pen or patch, Jesse will now send every subscriber their own rocket

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Zero One posted:

Also: They did drop some news in the episode that the TAZ animated show is stuck in a development rut. It’s not cancelled but it’s not really moving forward either.

You do get a feeling like the wave TAZ rode in on has mellowed to a degree, tho kudos to them that they still have 4-5 graphic novels ahead of em'. Animation is expensive, so that's not too surprising.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i wonder if whoever is producing the animated series was using the Critical Role animated series as a barometer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Justin having to role play that he wasn't 100% in his element at the front half of this week's episode of TAZ was cute.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ok Comboomer posted:

That said, I don’t think there’s anything particularly scummy about a media group that’s semi-ad supported asking for pledges/donations though.

I find it weird when people insist that “ad revenue should be enough” or “pick one or the other” or make some other argument that basically boils down to setting some arbitrary limit on how much money somebody is allowed to make.

It’s like being annoyed about there being a merch table at a concert because “we already paid for tickets”.

It's obnoxious and feels like it lasts way longer than it actually does. The band at the concert doesn't usually stop mid-song to read a list of what merch is at the booth. It's not a big deal but I don't have to like it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I really like Devo as a character but I sometimes I do wonder how self-aware Travis is about his own character and how misdirected and impotent his rage is

Also love the murder mystery angle. I doubt this is the direction they're going in but my first thought was that the target here is the Council and not Guidance specifically, with the institution going from six people to basically just Kodeira and Hermine. Would be a great opportunity for a coup if someone wanted to pull it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

QuoProQuid posted:

I really like Devo as a character but I sometimes I do wonder how self-aware Travis is about his own character and how misdirected and impotent his rage is

Character progression should take time but yeah I agree, this dude just keeps shooting his own foot repeatedly.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Have a possible munch squad / empty bowl crossover

https://www.econotimes.com/Tropicana-creates-cereal-to-be-mixed-specifically-with-orange-juice-1632190

Tropicana will release a cereal specifically intended to mix with orange juice instead of milk, in honor of National Orange Juice Day on May 4.

Dubbed the Tropicana Crunch, it is touted as "the first-ever breakfast cereal created to pair with Tropicana Pure Premium.

TropicanaCrunch.com will be the only place to get the odd cereal. Starting on May 4, the juice company will give away boxes for free while supplies last.

Tropicana Crunch is described on the box as a "honey almond cereal," and the website claims that it has honey almond clusters.

After experimenting with various flavors and textures, Tropicana decided on a granola-based cereal because it can resist the acidity in OJ better than flakes, which would become soggy more rapidly.

The honey almond flavor was chosen to counteract the tartness of the orange juice.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's obnoxious and feels like it lasts way longer than it actually does. The band at the concert doesn't usually stop mid-song to read a list of what merch is at the booth. It's not a big deal but I don't have to like it.

That’s fair

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I might get behind a mimosa or screwdriver poured on cereal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7kCaQpqcw

They're doing a virtual escape room thing with some other podcast people right now.