Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

No really I need tips for fighting the big enemy lobsters/crawdads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

No really I need tips for fighting the big enemy lobsters/crawdads

Cha cha real smooth

(Roll to the side and smack)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Their most dangerous attack is the water gun, stay close and circle around. Roll into the claw attack. If it goes up it's doing the slam

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m sure i mentioned this a long time ago but I watched a former roommate of mine play through dark souls 1 & 2 blind, and his go-go-go playstyle gave me actual, measurable anxiety and I literally melted irl

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Running past nearly every enemy and dying when he invariably ran into a dead end, gently caress man this is what you do for fun??

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i spent the first like 5 hours of elden ring doing that since most things could kill me with any touch and i could barely hurt them with my club, except... there weren't really any dead ends, I just kept uncovering more and more map until I was pretty sure I found the end-of-the-game area, but that was just as far as i could go without killing some big bosses. only trhen did i circle back to acquire leveling up and start working my way through enemies with my weapons.

i'd say properly playing the game also involves a lot of skipping past suckers, if you sit there and clean out every room on your way every time you die you end up overleveled as hell.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Running past nearly every enemy and dying when he invariably ran into a dead end, gently caress man this is what you do for fun??

instead you're dying to a lobster, for fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t assume things about my gamer skills. I only die to cliffs

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

cheetah7071 posted:

instead you're dying to a lobster, for fun

Wounds on the back are a Tarnished’s shame

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

the big enemy lobsters/crawdads

strike their vulnerable spot for gigantic affliction

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When we gonna get an opoona hd remaster available on pc

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I’m sure i mentioned this a long time ago but I watched a former roommate of mine play through dark souls 1 & 2 blind, and his go-go-go playstyle gave me actual, measurable anxiety and I literally melted irl

I def feel this way when I do coop a lot of the time, but to be fair it seems to work for a lot of them.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I did the true arena in Kirby Automata and it felt more hype than most of Elden Ring’s bosses (hell probably all of them except the Radahn fight). Them adding witch time into flip was such a good idea, the postgame bosses have much shorter post-attack windows so it feels way more satisfying to dodge into attacks and counterattack for extra damage.

Great game, 9/10, wish it was longer and had mini bosses for every power so I could fight a saint benard with a gun. Super hype for the new 3D kirb now that HAL has done the hard part of making him work in 3D.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who's ready for Meltdown May?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm already having meltdowns every day

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
May should be relatively easy to power through then :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/fl5RHUV.mp4

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sick Tonberry

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Guess Kirby turned 30 yesterday have some cool art

https://twitter.com/Suyasuyabi427/status/1518968155364012033

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
preview of vg's avs for the next 2 years

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

see if you can find kirby wearing waldo's hat

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://imgur.com/gallery/DPCwxf6

Does this work?

I picked up a lad named NORCO on steam the other day, point in click with some clear Disco inspo. The setting is vaguely southern gothic, Cyberpunk, Mystic, and Class Conscioustic. Seems kind of cool, instead of your brain parts hitting you up like DE, you've got a mind map to talk to your thougts of everyone you've met. Didn't get to far but might be a cool buy

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 29, 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

small sample but the writer(s) seems extra online, but yes I will download this NORCO act 1 demo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/DPCwxf6

Does this work?

I picked up a lad named NORCO on steam the other day, point in click with some clear Disco inspo. The setting is vaguely southern gothic, Cyberpunk, Mystic, and Class Conscioustic. Seems kind of cool, instead of your brain parts hitting you up like DE, you've got a mind map to talk to your thougts of everyone you've met. Didn't get to far but might be a cool buy

Its on game pass,

I know some of the people involved and it nails New Orleans little touches that if you're not from there you'll miss but its sooooooo good. Its a nice solid couple of hours although its easy to lock yourself into the ending without having any way to like, understand the ending so make sure you are always trying to do everything available to you and don't put anything off for later.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gaius Marius posted:

Sick Tonberry

I feel like this is a trap

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Cars are so underrated as a rock band.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gaius Marius posted:

The Cars are so underrated as a rock band.

They have 74% on Rotten Tomatoes which seems about right

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm already having meltdowns every day
I somehow avoided a meltdown upon losing my job today :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I somehow avoided a meltdown upon losing my job today :v:

:( Hope you can get on unemployment or in another job soon, I'm sorry you had to go through this

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I came to the realization today that I may have invented a memory of a video game. Google got nothing for me so I'll relay the story of the memory and maybe someone can help.

I remember it was somewhere between 02 and 04 and being at some video game club thing at college where people hooked up consoles to projectors and played stuff. I saw a 4-player game of Snake on one of the projectors and I am pretty sure I had to use an original Xbox controller to play it. It was top-down, the snakes were neon wireframe with 4 primary colors to designate the players, set against a black background, and they controlled analog, as in they didn't have 90 degree turning like the original snake or tron, they just smooth turned. I want to say the segments were shaped like stone arrow tips and the point was to grab the dots, grow your snake, and get in the way of the other players to win.

Now the weirdest part... I had it in my head that this game was an easter egg inside of Halo. Just a fun mini-game, not its own title. And definitely not the tron-ish mini-game from Fusion Frenzy so don't say that's what it was.

Did I dream this game up or does it exist?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That sounds like the snake minigame from Timesplitters 2

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Who's ready for Meltdown May?

Totsugeki 🐬🐬🐬

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DaveKap posted:

So I came to the realization today that I may have invented a memory of a video game. Google got nothing for me so I'll relay the story of the memory and maybe someone can help.

I remember it was somewhere between 02 and 04 and being at some video game club thing at college where people hooked up consoles to projectors and played stuff. I saw a 4-player game of Snake on one of the projectors and I am pretty sure I had to use an original Xbox controller to play it. It was top-down, the snakes were neon wireframe with 4 primary colors to designate the players, set against a black background, and they controlled analog, as in they didn't have 90 degree turning like the original snake or tron, they just smooth turned. I want to say the segments were shaped like stone arrow tips and the point was to grab the dots, grow your snake, and get in the way of the other players to win.

Now the weirdest part... I had it in my head that this game was an easter egg inside of Halo. Just a fun mini-game, not its own title. And definitely not the tron-ish mini-game from Fusion Frenzy so don't say that's what it was.

Did I dream this game up or does it exist?

Help Im Alive posted:

That sounds like the snake minigame from Timesplitters 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h22thYhPCNw

for some extra meta, the entirety of TimeSplitters 2 is now hidden inside Homefront: The Revolution

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1520018170823815168?t=DzvGFuh7LjhSC74pDCrshA&s=19

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I am excited about the sixteenth Final Fantasy game!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I am excited about the sixteenth Final Fantasy game!

I’m tentatively hype, the producer has a good reputation and i feel like it’s gonna be Mario Odyssey all over again when they just drop a bombass trailer like three months before the release after months of silence.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'll still believe it when I see it. Hopefully we get a huge dump of information this summer. Theres still been only the one teaser in 2020.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I got 100% in Kirby! I only needed to spend like 7000 gold coins on figurines and plug in the lame baby joycons for the tilt game so it feels slightly anticlimactic though. :v:

I’m kinda bummed because it was a really good game to play in little chunks in between Elden Ring but I still have more of that…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Checking steam and I find a Game called Peglin that's self described as a Pachinko Roguelike, just the absolute worst misuse of the term I've seen in awhile.