Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Live action Megaman X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Fast X Jason.

Imagine going back in time 21 years and telling Hollywood "one of the movies in this year's box office top 20 is going to start a ten-film-plus-spinoffs franchise worth billions, and I don't mean Harry Potter - guess which one?"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Payndz posted:

Fast X Jason.

Imagine going back in time 21 years and telling Hollywood "one of the movies in this year's box office top 20 is going to start a ten-film-plus-spinoffs franchise worth billions, and I don't mean Harry Potter - guess which one?"

'wow lord of the rings is getting a lot of movies'

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Well I guess The One can have an infinite amount of Jet Li bad guys

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
In various parallel worlds from The One, we're now up to Bridget X, Beautiful X, and ShreX.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Final Fantasy The SpirX Within vs Oceans X for top grossing movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Final Fantasy The SpirX Within

megastar voice actor steve buscemi

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
drat, so apparently Justin Lin decided he no longer wanted to direct Fast X. Director search is on. Maybe a return if Wan?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

checkplease posted:

drat, so apparently Justin Lin decided he no longer wanted to direct Fast X. Director search is on. Maybe a return if Wan?

Tapped out after a week of filming? I wonder what happened.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Current rumors say creative differences, though that doesn’t say much. Surprising as he’s been on the series so many times already.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe he just got tired of Vin Diesel's poo poo.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Midjack posted:

it must be exhausting

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Sometimes family gets complicated.

Trying to think of some fun possible directors. Wan is obvious, but maybe something crazier.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

David Lynch.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The ultimate talent of this style is Michael Bay. All of these films are prayers at his altar.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spielberg decides to come out of action movie retirement for one more job

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Midjack posted:

David Lynch.

This would be glorious! At least put him in the movie.

I say they form an alliance of directors, a director's room. Get John Woo, both John Wick guys (haven't tried Chad yet), Wachowskis, Coens, an animated segment by Hayao Miyazaki, Tarantino, Rodriguez, Jon Favreau, Hideo Kojima, you name it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ryusuke Hamaguchi just made an acclaimed movie about driving, let's get him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Let's give the film to bruckheimer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Give it to George Miller. He earned it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Who directed 2 fast 2 furious, the best fast and furious movie? Bring them back

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Who directed 2 fast 2 furious, the best fast and furious movie? Bring them back

John Singleton died a couple of years ago, sadly.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yeah..Singleton was always such an interesting choice for the car racing movie at that point.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
John Woo, which could potentially turn out terrible but if he can find his was back to form like he did with Red Cliff, it could be glorious.

Otherwise Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan)

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Heavy Metal posted:

This would be glorious! At least put him in the movie.

I want them to cut away from a car chase involving the space shuttle to a quiet cafe and it's just 5 minutes of David Lynch and Werner Herzog discussing life and nihilism. Then back to the car chase with absolutely no explanation.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It really sucks Lin is stepping down cause he's the secret sauce for this franchise.

Creative differences is absolutely; I could not put up with Vin's poo poo anymore and he's got enough pull to get what he wants over me so why fight it when I can get paid to get a producer credit while getting outta dodge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't there something recently about Vin pushing back on a script that didn't include Mia? Which, come on, she really shouldn't be appearing any more.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

checkplease posted:

Midjack posted:

Justice 4 Justin
https://twitter.com/mgolda1216/status/1519094846237126656

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

2 fast 2 furious was on tv this week. What a great movie

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I just caught the end of 6 on TV and I lol everytime I see that team-up move at the end when Dom lifts the big bruiser guy up by the legs and Hobbs does a huge diving elbow clothesline to him. What a great move. Does it come from wrestling?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lobok posted:

I just caught the end of 6 on TV and I lol everytime I see that team-up move at the end when Dom lifts the big bruiser guy up by the legs and Hobbs does a huge diving elbow clothesline to him. What a great move. Does it come from wrestling?

Yup! Generally called a doomsday device.

https://youtu.be/7DolsJV-vLo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Excellent, thank you.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

2 fast 2 furious was on tv this week. What a great movie
2 fast 2 furious is the only one I haven't seen. I remember at the time it was dismissed as completely stupid and ridiculous but now I tend to consider this a benefit so it might be worthwhile.

Bummer about Justin, I think he played a big part in keeping his action coherent despite all the insane poo poo going on.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

mobby_6kl posted:

2 fast 2 furious is the only one I haven't seen. I remember at the time it was dismissed as completely stupid and ridiculous but now I tend to consider this a benefit so it might be worthwhile.

Bummer about Justin, I think he played a big part in keeping his action coherent despite all the insane poo poo going on.

It is stupid and ridiculous and yes, these are benefits.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It is stupid and ridiculous but Brian and Roman make a good team. The first movie was Point Break but the second is more Lethal Weapon. Better in hindsight because you see why Roman becomes part of the team later on and before he becomes fully comedic relief.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Well they brought In Tyrese to play the Vin part. So when Vin returns, Roman changes. But I always feel like 2 needs some Vin.

The series is at its best with 5 and up where each family members get their own little quests and chance to shine. Obviously Vin and Paul had the leads, but by 9 Luda and Tyrese get the most memorable scene in driving in space.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the Vin part." Roman isn't like Dom at all...?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the Vin part." Roman isn't like Dom at all...?

They're both ex-cons with shaved heads and an interest in cars, what else do you need.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I haven't seen 9

2 is great because it's a bromance redemption movie that really stars the cars. Peak tuner car stuff as opposed to the supercars and superhero type stuff that came later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

They're both ex-cons with shaved heads and an interest in cars, what else do you need.

Right, and they wanted Vin back with Paul but he went for XxX. Roman helps Paul out and gets his crimes forgiven. You can see how that would work for Vin too, instead of other ex con guy who drives fast that is also furious at Brian for betraying him. Just happens to know from childhood. But it’s a good thing as expanded fast family has been a blessing.