Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

so when does Sony start production on an Alpha trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SlimGoodbody posted:

It's easy to forgot how much of comic book history is defined by a publishing ethos of "shut up I'm drunk and I don't care, just poo poo something out by the end of the day, there is literally no slop too stupid for our audience of seven year olds."

and then a new guy finds her old suit and we can have Mr. Lady Stilt-Man

Clown 9 is from like 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Not even Sony remembers Alpha exists.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Shweeet,give me clayface or Killer croc.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Slingers movie(s) or nothing!

Spider-Man 4 can be him making up new personas to avoid JJJ who has created the Spider Slayer & Scorpion. Then we can get 1 movie for each of the Slingers taking up a persona and then a team-up Slingers movie. Boom - 5 film franchise! Quintilogy!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Coming this Fall: Mirrorless.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SlimGoodbody posted:

and then a new guy finds her old suit and we can have Mr. Lady Stilt-Man

But they also have a doctorate in engineering so he's Dr. Mr. Lady Stilt-Man.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Clown 9 is from like 2015

I thought you were joking but holy poo poo he's from 2012 :psyduck:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I thought you were joking but holy poo poo he's from 2012 :psyduck:

Newspaper Spider-Man is quite the sight to see.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently the first 20 minutes of the new Dr Strange film was screened for critics at Cinema Con today

https://www.ign.com/articles/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-footage-breakdown-america-chavez

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently the first 20 minutes of the new Dr Strange film was screened for critics at Cinema Con today

https://www.ign.com/articles/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-footage-breakdown-america-chavez

I didn't much care for it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1519364037674340353
drat being honestly pretty optimistic of how the future is going to go, but then again I prefer having things planned in advance

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1519364037674340353
drat being honestly pretty optimistic of how the future is going to go, but then again I prefer having things planned in advance

Marvel Studios in full panic mode because all their future plans revolved around El Muerto, so now they need to start over and do it fast.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jamesman posted:

Marvel Studios in full panic mode because all their future plans revolved around El Muerto, so now they need to start over and do it fast.

Let Sony do its thing with El Muerto, but develop Crusher Hogan in the MCU. Then later do a big multiverse mash-up of all Spider-Man's wrestling foes with both of those guys plus a super nostalgia bonus of an all-CG-and-kinda-creepy-and-ethically-dubious Bonesaw McGraw!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Nah he's caught Morbius fever and needs to figure out how Morbius can be the center of Marvel moving forward so it's now the Morbius Cinematic Universe.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

New Dr. Strange spot pretty much shows you the Illuminati.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL82peYSRa4

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 29, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Goddamn I love Captain Carter.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 29, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7M24KrqhBw

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Joe Fisto posted:

Goddamn I love Captain Carter.

Is it too much to hope we get to see more of her in the future? Maybe with Hydra-Stomper Rogers in tow?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

New Dr. Strange spot pretty much shows you the Illuminati.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL82peYSRa4

Popping up all over the place now, got to love that we’ve reached the point where spoilers start coming out weeks before the movies do

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Opopanax posted:

Popping up all over the place now, got to love that we’ve reached the point where spoilers start coming out weeks before the movies do

They already had my ticket, but drat it will be bonkers to see Professor X in the godddamn yellow hoverchair.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Yeah this is kinda brazen that speaks to the insanity of what they’re still not showing or the lack of confidence in what they have.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah this is kinda brazen that speaks to the insanity of what they’re still not showing or the lack of confidence in what they have.

Yesterday, I read a write up on what was in the first 20 minutes just shown at that conference. And only now, I'm realizing that outside of the illuminati stuff, I think almost everything we've seen in the trailers so far is in those first 20 minutes. So I think there's a ton we're not seeing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WaffleZombie posted:

Yesterday, I read a write up on what was in the first 20 minutes just shown at that conference. And only now, I'm realizing that outside of the illuminati stuff, I think almost everything we've seen in the trailers so far is in those first 20 minutes. So I think there's a ton we're not seeing.

There have been story leaks which look pretty accurate with everything that's come out. So if that's true, there is stuff from late in the movie in there too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Far From Home and Endgame both did a good job of kind of giving away most of the big spoiler stuff in the opening act but then having an unexpected and full story beyond that. That’s my expectation for Multiverse of Madness too. That most of this big stuff we’ve seen and hinted at will be in the first act setup and then there will be a story direction and conflict we didn’t really see coming that fills it out before the big finale.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Strange dies in the opening and is replaced by Mordo.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Probably for the best, really.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can’t believe they’re actually doing the giant yellow hover-sofa

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All I care about is Raimi snap zooms and Dutch angles and gore jokes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

All I care about is Raimi snap zooms and Dutch angles and gore jokes.

Don't forget the screaming.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't forget the screaming.

And Ted Raimi somewhere.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

A one second shot of Ash vs Marvel zombies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why do I keep forgetting this is a Raimi joint when it's the main selling point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lobok posted:

Why do I keep forgetting this is a Raimi joint when it's the main selling point.

Raimi through the MCU filter is going to be real loving bad, that’s why you keep forgetting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also his last movie was the James Franco Oz one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Raimi through the MCU filter is going to be real loving bad, that’s why you keep forgetting.

It's going to be fine. Just like how Gunn and Waititi movies in the MCU retain their personal touches but fit in. Just like how Raimi made family friendly Spider-Man movies but also kept his touches in them.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

a finger on a monkey's paw curls down as I receive my wish for Gene Hackman to unretire while watching a scene where a 92 year old John Herod pulls a gun on Dr Strange, who is wearing a fancy cowboy hat in this universe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

It's going to be fine. Just like how Gunn and Waititi movies in the MCU retain their personal touches but fit in. Just like how Raimi made family friendly Spider-Man movies but also kept his touches in them.

https://twitter.com/clunkspider/status/1519721207725281281?s=21&t=ZL3xWNoEzoJO9TCh4QYgRQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

Also his last movie was the James Franco Oz one.

Raimi is an odd duck because Drag Me to Hell, and to a lesser extent Ash vs the Evil Dead, showed that he still fully has the chops to do the old Raimi magic with modern digital filmmaking when he wants to, but it seems like he doesn’t much want to. He seems content to be a producer.

To be fair, that wild camera poo poo has to be loving exhausting.