Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
An honorable duel is no buffs. It's about build.

There's literally no rules if they pop a physick or golden vow. That's a move. The fight has begun.

If they want to do 85 buffs they can go do a 3v1 invasion.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I too tend to think that just about anything goes. The only truly unacceptable things I have seen in my time dueling are someone who attacked me mid-bow, someone who healed themselves with a flask, and someone who only used bloodhound step to make himself almost impossible to hit and only attacked with bestial sling to take off 1/40th of my health each time. Sent that guy back home because ain't nobody got time for that.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Darth Nat posted:

What's the etiquette on allowing people to buff themselves for 30 seconds at the start of duels? Is this the honorable, righteous thing to allow, or am I a chump watching someone dig my own grave in front of me?

let them use everything

then use law of regression

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

emdash posted:

https://youtu.be/7LjwkTx--O8 the new IronPineapple video has one of the best radahn kill methods I’ve seen

holy smokes lol - at 19 minutes

god do I wish I had thought of that that is so good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Darth Nat posted:

What's the etiquette on allowing people to buff themselves for 30 seconds at the start of duels? Is this the honorable, righteous thing to allow, or am I a chump watching someone dig my own grave in front of me?

Use the time to prepare to cast Law of Regression

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Let them fully buff and kill them in one rivers of blood weapon art

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would actually like a three crucible knight fight in an open area.

That would be pretty insane

My three crucible knight moon shirt agrees.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
I keep Law of Regression on my mage. It's not worth using if they're just using a body buff + physique or something, but if they start stacking body, aura, regen, and stamina regen and optional weapon buff, yeah the Regression comes out.

Two exceptions: Seppuku and Barrier of Gold. Always Regress those, or just sever them/yourself out. Otherwise, I'll let people have a body buff and physique flask without complaint and do the same.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it me or does post-patch phase 2 Malenia have way more poise/super-armor on every attack than before? I can't knock her out of anything on the ground now

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

The Anime Liker posted:

The DLC will feature a new enemy type

[sinister B-52s guy voice]

Rot Lobster

I need to hear the narrator telling me about this guy as one of the Tarnished.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I think the best nerf to BHS would be to remove the out-of-FP quick step and restrict which weapon classes it can be used on a bit. Like yeah sure if it was daggers and short swords only or some poo poo everyone would just keep a swap but it gives you a way to limit some of the more broken follow ups that rely on doing fast long range pokes immediately out of the iframes. Also gives you a way to buff some of the stuff no one uses - like make it flail only or something if you want to really go wild.

I hope aside from a few cases future patches continue the trend of focusing more on buffing weaker weapons and abilities instead of trying to nerf stronger ones. Like there are so many “cheesy” builds that it’s almost at some equilibrium where nothing is OP because everything is OP. It’s a way spammier game probably sucks if you’re looking for dark souls 3.1 but if you take it for what it is it’s actually kinda fun andthere’s a million different ways to reach the pre

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Brass Shield is starting to piss me off with how good it is, even compared to Greatshields.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Everybody jokes about Raya Lucaria being Hogwarts when Volcano Manor has a basilisk in the basement, SMDH.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

causticBeet posted:

I think the best nerf to BHS would be to remove the out-of-FP quick step and restrict which weapon classes it can be used on a bit. Like yeah sure if it was daggers and short swords only or some poo poo everyone would just keep a swap but it gives you a way to limit some of the more broken follow ups that rely on doing fast long range pokes immediately out of the iframes. Also gives you a way to buff some of the stuff no one uses - like make it flail only or something if you want to really go wild.

Daggers only, maybe fists. Same for Quiickstep, except maybe some of the worse swords (cane sword?). Reduced iframes to a more sensible number.

It can keep the iframe-less quickstep behavior when cast without FP. That is not in the least bit broken.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

The Brass Shield is starting to piss me off with how good it is, even compared to Greatshields.

Honestly :same: Like, I want to use some of the other shields, they look cool. But what, I'm just supposed to voluntarily take an extra 10% magic damage? :smith:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Darth Nat posted:

I personally can't wait until we get another dlc that includes an actual pvp arena, so that when I load in I can immediately shoot the other guy with a crossbow as he buffs like in ds3

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I beat Malenia! :woop:

Mimic Tear, powerstanced bleed curved greatswords, and Bloodhound's Step carried me hard, but I did it in just over 10 tries. Meaning I probably had a way easier time than most.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I beat Malenia! :woop:

Mimic Tear, powerstanced bleed curved greatswords, and Bloodhound's Step carried me hard, but I did it in just over 10 tries. Meaning I probably had a way easier time than most.

lol it probably took me closer to 100 tries, I’ve been at it since Sunday

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It took me 112. But no ashes or summons. Still easier than Orphan imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I found Orphan way way easier

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ghostlight posted:

At 90 hours in I figured out that my game wasn't bugged but that Church of Dragon Communion and Cathedral of Dragon Communion were two entirely separate locations.

The other "bug" to look out for is remembering that scarseals and soreseals are different when trying for the talisman trophy.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
Rivers of Blood seems to have overtaken Moonveil as the god weapon du jour, but Moonveil still owns bones against any boss that moves a lot or that you can't facetank the damage of. I think the R2 sheathed attack scales purely with weapon upgrade level too, so as long as you have the 23int/18dex/12str to wield it you're golden, and a lot of builds would naturally have that anyway without needing to respec.

Against Malenia the extra range on the weapon ash is great and lets you keep enough distance to react to pretty much anything, and it's fast enough of an attack that the mimic isn't going to get stuck in a combo like it does with corpse piler.

Highly recommended if you just want the fight over with, I think I got it 3rd attempt on my first time through and I'm not at all good at this game, it just completely carried me.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I spent less time on all of Sekiro's superbosses combined than I did on Malenia, and that fight only ended because I said screw it and ganked her with Tiche

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7087538104545840426

Hmm

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

Holding out hope for a "summon a player as the boss" boss again.

same, was really hoping we'd get one of those. it was soooo cool in DS3

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I didn’t count my attempts at Malenia but it took me many more times than any other ‘player vs humanoid ultra boss’ since I was being stubborn and didn’t want to use bleed, summons or anything other than dual colossal swords since I liked them very much. Once I used bloodhound step it was like taking the weighted clothing off and beat her immediately. Seems like a handy little ability.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I found Orphan way way easier

Same, Orphan took me about 40 tries but mostly because I didn't parry much on my first playthrough of the game. Malenia took me a bunch more tries and never felt that I was making real progress.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
I was sucking at the Fire Giant as a sword and shield dude so I respecced into a powerful wizard. Nope that wasn't the problem. Get him mostly dead but the fight takes long enough that I lose the war of attrition.

Now my mimic is broken because he can't use Comet Azur effectively and it is all he wants to use, so it's a bit of a wash. I probably need to spawn him with an intelligence scaling weapon so he can just do stabby stabby.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Aaaaand done. My first FromSoft plat. Very much encourage another goons maxed out Redmane Misericorde to turn the final boss into an absolute breeze. Combine with spiral shard to gently caress it up even faster.

Gosh this feels good. Gonna probably take a break off the game for a little bit so I don't completely burn out.

...or might start my Fingermaiden build.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
What's the deal with invasions? I've only cleared Stormveil castle and Limgrave so far and am currently at the front steps of raya lucaria but I haven't been invaded at all, despite having to turn off the blue ring because I was getting summoned as a hunter constantly in the same areas. Is there an item I need to find or some point I need to get to before I start getting invaded?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

treat posted:

What's the deal with invasions? I've only cleared Stormveil castle and Limgrave so far and am currently at the front steps of raya lucaria but I haven't been invaded at all, despite having to turn off the blue ring because I was getting summoned as a hunter constantly in the same areas. Is there an item I need to find or some point I need to get to before I start getting invaded?

You need to summon someone or use the Taunters Tongue to activate invasions. They're off by default.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Ah okay. I haven't found that yet.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

No Dignity posted:

I spent less time on all of Sekiro's superbosses combined than I did on Malenia, and that fight only ended because I said screw it and ganked her with Tiche

I did Malenia with rivers of blood and mimic tear and have no shame about it. Ridiculously hard fight even using the strongest stuff against her

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It is entirely seemly for a young rot goddess killed in battle to lie mangled by Mogh's spear. In her death all things appear fair except waterfowl dance

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I beat Malenia by stun locking her with the wing of astel weapon art and just wailed on her with my mimic. And then when she does her second phase transform with the big flower explosion she stands still for ages, so I chugged the "spells don't cost fp" flask and kamehameha'd her with comet azur.

I shall beat your bullshit boss moves Miyazaki, by not engaging with them.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gologle posted:

It's been all I've been using the whole game. It's not even just how good the negation is on it but the fact it's a medium shield too makes it amazing.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

second phase Melania seems to have less poise (this may not be true) and easier to stunlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

yeah I did Malenia without ashes the second time through and it's so much harder without it it's a different fight. I do recommend using all the juice and saving stupid bullshit constraints for later playthroughs. Got a lot out of the fight both ways.

Most other fights throughout my second run have been hilarious one shots but ho boy Malenia was an effort. It was a good time; my struggles with malekith felt really stupid by comparison. I felt like I made progress almost every try on Malenia but the dog felt absolutely impossible, no progress whatsoever, and then he just died.

Well ok except one time I was one hit from killing Malenia and she did the spin kick and apparently her hit box is super hosed in p2, my crouch stab whiffed and I'm still mad