Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I was going to get a MARINES license plate but decided on SUPPORT THE HORSE instead. Tough choice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're giving you license plates?

Colorado and a disability rating. Just the one, I'd have to pay for additional cars.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Panfilo posted:

I'd like to believe that, but a lot of veterans surveyed still listed "patriotism" as the reason they signed up. Now I guess you could argue the people claiming that were lying but there's no way to know for sure.

And a lot of us said "whatever dude"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There are two Veterans benefits I actually use:
1 GI bill. Huge boon to getting my degrees.
2 One dog free at the county dog park. Dog loves the bark park. I'm moving counties and I hope I can get this deal for the new parks.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
you have to pay to go to the dog park??? wtf

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

No thanks.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ad-Lite lol. Not even ad free!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

you have to pay to go to the dog park??? wtf

lmao i hope this is like the dog park near my house and it's just a bare gravel and dirt lot that's been fenced in people are paying for

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My problem is more with, like, how are they verifying that you're a vet? Do you need to provide a SSN to Discovery+ to watch new episodes of property bros at a discount?

I don't want Discovery to have that information.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My problem is more with, like, how are they verifying that you're a vet? Do you need to provide a SSN to Discovery+ to watch new episodes of property bros at a discount?

sounds like someone needs A Blockchain!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Only if I can get it at Home Depot with my discount. But I'll need to buy to some blocks first.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Put your trust in Brand. Brand will never fail you

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Brand is sorry to inform you of their security breach and would like to offer you one year of free credit monitoring.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Brand is sorry to inform you of their security breach and would like to offer you one year of free credit monitoring.

To opt out or cancel before the automatic renewal please send us a letter to our physical location.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

To opt out or cancel before the automatic renewal please send us a letter to our physical location.

*Physical location may or may not exist

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I'd like to believe that, but a lot of veterans surveyed still listed "patriotism" as the reason they signed up. Now I guess you could argue the people claiming that were lying but there's no way to know for sure.

Would really like to see the survey details on this one. Like was it multiple choice and the choices were "Patriotism", "I Wanna Kill" or "I'm a Greedy Lazy Sinful Ingrate Who Does Not Want To Work For Healthcare".

Also does your commanding officer see the survey answers, etc.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
my old job had a parking spot for veterans and I'd always park there because I'm a veteran of the class war :cool:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Peanut President posted:

my old job had a parking spot for veterans and I'd always park there because I'm a veteran of the class war :cool:

i shop at lowes too

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

I fully support the president flying in American made planes, cars, and duck tour boats

I’d even ask he consider a 737 Max

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

veteran of the posting war

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i shop at lowes too

blue no-matter who

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

veteran of the posting war

i wear my ban from lowtax like a purple heart

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

No thanks, even if they paid me to watch the trash

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Discovery is overproduced trash and I was disappointed to learn they own History now. Can't even feel good about watching Ancient Aliens anymore (it's brain candy okay, it rots my mind the way I like).

But I would like a catch-up show on Skinwalker Ranch in the vein of Oak Island in a Rush or Gold Rush in a Rush.

Since Discovery now owns HBO and all the turner channels, I wonder if they're planning to ruin Rat in the Kitchen.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Panfilo posted:

I don't know why I should believe a veteran who's trying to rationalize giving some of the best years of their life to the military. what did they say when they signed up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Discovery+ has Battlebots though

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

indigi posted:

I don't know why I should believe a veteran who's trying to rationalize giving some of the best years of their life to the military. what did they say when they signed up

morality aside, signing up is good for the wallet if you know what you are doing and getting yourself into

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PostNouveau posted:

Discovery+ has Battlebots though

Haven't watched it since before Imahara died.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Haven't watched it since before Imahara died.

It's real good now the robots are much more functional

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

PostNouveau posted:

that sounds like it's worse

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

that sounds like it's worse

Nah they can both deal and take more damage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PostNouveau posted:

I stopped watching almost everything Discovery makes/owns after they released their streaming service and my go-to getting stoned show (ghost adventures) started putting new episodes only on streaming.

You can tell what discovery shows boomers watch, because those are the only ones that get new episodes on their cable channels. The ratings stay higher in nursing homes if the old farts can watch Deadliest Catch marathons followed by a new episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Anxious to follow their posting careers then

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Looking forward to whatever John Oliver has to say about his new business daddy.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Oliver was so much funnier when he didn't have to pander to the lowest common American humour denominator. All the shrieking and youngspeak is really offputting, especially when we know he's much more capable than that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Counterpoint: americans love a british person talking down to them. See: Piers Morgan's run on Fox News, Anne Robinson from the first run of the Weakest Link, Simon Cowell and his string of variety contests. Top Gear UK also running here for a long time means plenty have been exposed to Clarkson and his variety of energy.

A bad example would be James Corden. He's almost too nice to be british, like one of his parents or grandparents are canadian.

But we tend to like to hear someone with an british accent talk authoritatively for some reason. We'll settle for scottish, like Craig Ferguson, but I cannot immediately think of any irish accented tv personalities in the US.

John Oliver is fine. I don't mind generational buzzwords as long as they're parsable.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I cannot immediately think of any irish accented tv personalities in the US.

it would upset far too many people to be reminded that they are not actually irish

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Counterpoint: americans love a british person talking down to them. See: Piers Morgan's run on Fox News, Anne Robinson from the first run of the Weakest Link, Simon Cowell and his string of variety contests. Top Gear UK also running here for a long time means plenty have been exposed to Clarkson and his variety of energy.

A bad example would be James Corden. He's almost too nice to be british, like one of his parents or grandparents are canadian.

But we tend to like to hear someone with an british accent talk authoritatively for some reason. We'll settle for scottish, like Craig Ferguson, but I cannot immediately think of any irish accented tv personalities in the US.

John Oliver is fine. I don't mind generational buzzwords as long as they're parsable.

I think it has to be a 'classy' received pronunciation British. A random chav isn't going to cut it. A bar maid from coronation street is a no go. Cockney rhyming slang is simply incomprehensible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
James Acaster would do so poorly on american tv.

E: I watch a fair deal of british panel poo poo on youtube, someone who has trained their accent to sound classy is definitely prerequisite to american tv.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 04:44 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think it has to be a 'classy' received pronunciation British. A random chav isn't going to cut it. A bar maid from coronation street is a no go. Cockney rhyming slang is simply incomprehensible.

if it isn't classy then americans think of that person as a servant or perhaps a cheerful mythological creature. naturally, if it is classy, then they are your better in every way. the american conception of how we fit into the british class system is:

the queen > people with classy accents > americans > every other british person