Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chris Pratt is a creep? [Office Jim face]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Bro Dad posted:

white people mutt, descended from having sex with whatever humans passed through the mountains

Yeah my people on my mother's side got here pre-Revolution and just made babies with anyone who had human parts, for 300 years. We're "scots-irish" but with a heavy admixture of German, whoever, and French? for some reason. I can't say I'm anything but "American" because I literally am not

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Chris Pratt fell from grace when he decided not to be fat anymore

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
People loved it when he got swole, but then he dumped the wife who was with him when he was chubby and started saying dumb poo poo like “there’s not enough movies about blue collar guys like me”. He lost the ladies after that, dropped straight to the bottom of the “Best Chris List” and never recovered.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

how do you guys deal with the fact that only a tiny fraction of movies are more interesting than the forums you’d rather be reading? I’d rather read GBS than watch most of them.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Chris Pratt has always sucked, he was at his most tolerable as the lovely boyfriend with a lovely band in Indiana (so just a handful of Parks and Rec episodes). Anything above that is/was him punching above his weight class

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I was very inspired to take steroids when he did a bunch of steroids and got ripped for the superhero movies

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
chris pratt is so milquetoast that having a strong opinion about him either way says more about you than him imo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

unlimited shrimp posted:

chris pratt is so milquetoast that having a strong opinion about him either way says more about you than him imo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

If your whole deal is playing yourself in movies you either need to have off camera charisma and the ability to read a room or a very good image management team. If you have neither fans will turn on you as soon as they find out you’re not actually cool.

yahoo serious was supposed to be huge, dammit

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

how do you guys deal with the fact that only a tiny fraction of movies are more interesting than the forums you’d rather be reading? I’d rather read GBS than watch most of them.

theres a lot of movies

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Dame Maggie Smith saying "wubba wubba wubba"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

unlimited shrimp posted:

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

i thought it was funny when that twitter chud successfully got Disney to fire James Gunn from Guardians of the Galaxy for some 15-year-old old rape jokes and the entire cast got together to demand he be re-hired except Chris Pratt who was super wishy-washy about it and had to be coaxed into signing the letter of protest

just a company man through-and-through

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

chris pratt's whole schtick is playing a likable doofus, turns out it wasn't an act. It's hard to get mad at a golden retriever even though he pisses on the floor

really do want to see Charlie Day as Luigi though that's an inspired casting choice

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Oscar Isaac as Waluigi

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Chris Pratt peaked in the OC

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

It's pretty easy to deal with, I only actually wanna go see a new movie maybe once every four months. The last movie I went to see before The Northman was Dune. Before the pandemic the last movie I saw was Uncut Gems.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
A good Irish production recently out is sea fever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tiberius Christ posted:

chris pratt's whole schtick is playing a likable doofus, turns out it wasn't an act. It's hard to get mad at a golden retriever even though he pisses on the floor

Do Golden Retrievers abandon their masters because they think they're in a better league? I mean, keeping everything in context: if Chris Pratt isn't a pedophile that still puts him at the top tier of most likeable Hollywood celebs.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's pretty easy to deal with, I only actually wanna go see a new movie maybe once every four months. The last movie I went to see before The Northman was Dune. Before the pandemic the last movie I saw was Uncut Gems.

that’s about to he pace i might see movies, like maybe 2 movies and 2 show seasons in a typical year if I’m hanging out alone. but I have to watch some stuff several times a week now and most stuff is way less interesting than you fellas

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Aww speaking of Irish movies I just recently rewatched Intermission and it does not hold up. At. All.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this looks like it could be fun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RMd8n6pUokE

After disaster strikes Earth, a marine biologist on a submarine research mission must fight to survive with the crew as a conspiracy comes to light.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Okay but will they survive?

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

There are at a minimum several hundred good movies in existence and it takes a while to watch them all ok

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's a different channel, but I can't help but think CBS will replace James Corden with Pete Davidson. Who else is as punchable and isn't named Jimmy Fallon?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

what i do is mostly just watch good movies instead of bad ones. i mostly stick to more smaller productions and things i've heard about via word of mouth.Ii might have issues with goon-tastes but generally goon-tastes are close enough for screening purposes. pretty much the only time i ever watch any WB/Disney pig slop is when i'm on an airplane for 8-16 hours and watching it on a lovely 5" monitor which is how they're meant to be watched.

my days of being 15 and watching a shitton of movies is long behind me, the novelty of being able to pirate every R-rated movie is gone. i probably only do about <10-15 per year which is only about 30 hours in total these days, I've spent far more time on the shitter shitposting than that.

also conc-ing out to some weed on the couch at 1am while watching a good night-neon heavy movie like BR2049 owns bones. that's about the circumstances where I do about 90% of my movie watching.

also what everyone else said: there's a loving lot of movies. hell just rewatch some 70s or 80s poo poo, they still own bones.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

just watch poo poo, what else are you doing

was on a long flight and rewatched Thor: Ragnarok then watched Green Knight for the first time

huge tonal shift, highly recommend

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FFT posted:

just watch poo poo, what else are you doing

was on a long flight and rewatched Thor: Ragnarok then watched Green Knight for the first time

huge tonal shift, highly recommend

back in november 2019 i remember watching halloween and get out next to an old lady on a plane who was very intently watching rocketman on her own little seatback screen and trying VERY HARD not to look at all the blood on mine

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I was on a flight once and for some reason they were showing that air disasters show, and it was that really bad one where a flight from mecca caught fire and basically slowly burned rear to front until the plane disintegrated and crashed

lol Nolan doing Oppenheimer lets hope he gets a new sound guy

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHMMM

j/k i'll be front row screaming SAY THE LINE. SAY THE LINE.

Durf has issued a correction as of 09:46 on Apr 29, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

you wouldn't feel this way if you'd seen the last season of The OC

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So uhh Foundation, umm the special effects are good I think. Hmmmm I like the Emperor stuff and the concept of it all but the rest of the acting is oof

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

mawarannahr posted:

just watch anime instead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've found a lot of joy in just watching the most absolutely low-budget gutter trash from the 80s and 90s that I can find on streaming
there's a lot of charm and ingenuity to be found in the industry before the advent of super cheap CGI made everything low-budget look like Sci-Fi original movies, even in films that were just by the numbers ripoffs of more successful ones

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm late to the party but lol at a 480p plan

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

good god at $22 a month
netflix you deserve to fail
give me a few more seasons of the witcher and then kindly collapse

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

it's weird they have to specify you can watch Netflix on any platform for all three options

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

future proofing for when they start limiting plans by device type

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Do Golden Retrievers abandon their masters because they think they're in a better league? I mean, keeping everything in context: if Chris Pratt isn't a pedophile that still puts him at the top tier of most likeable Hollywood celebs.

That I still don’t get because not only is Anna Farris cute or whatever, but she was the earner all through their relationship and finding old interviews was super chill and gracious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

mawarannahr posted:

I watch Frasier all day.