Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

deoju posted:

I'll always remember Brown for going for a knee-on-knee and elbow-to-the-head at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibiT5DCeME
Every time this is posted, I cum a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Shame they didn't tweet about Tony D having 14 goals and 88 assists.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I put $5 on Minnesota so LET'S GET WILD, BABY!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the Canes must fail for their hubris of dumpster diving with the racist

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
They will, but it'll be more for the hubris of saying "Freddy Andersen and Antti Raanta looks good, we'll be fiiiiiiiine"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Dr Zaius posted:

I don't even get what's going on in that drawing besides some weird vore thing.

Erik Kallgren, the legend, is eating salad and also Jake Gardiner for some reason and I am very confused.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

Erik Kallgren, the legend, is eating salad and also Jake Gardiner for some reason and I am very confused.

It's a Garden(er) salad, I guess.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It’s especially weird because Gardiner hasn’t played a game this season and may never play a game again, it’s not exactly like he’s top of mind anyway

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Check out the excellent defensive play by Norris candidate Roman Josi.
https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1519855389633830914
https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/1519855216266399746

fermun fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 29, 2022

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tampa throwing games in order to avoid playing the Leafs in the first round, interesting choice

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mr. Kite posted:

Every time this is posted, I cum a little.
Pour vous.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Panthers discord just exploded in celebration. Thank you, Preds!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lets loving go baby panthers presidents trophy and its only getting started

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I now see this is the thread for terrible playoff takes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

kung fu jive posted:

I now see this is the thread for terrible playoff takes.

It was always that

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

It’s especially weird because Gardiner hasn’t played a game this season and may never play a game again, it’s not exactly like he’s top of mind anyway

yeah he's been ate, look at the pic

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

With a win and a Preds' loss, the Stars can take wc1 and face Calgary. Now they don't scare me one bit but it would be pretty funny to punk Colorado in the playoffs again. Can't see Dallas losing to either of those scrub teams, but Calgary is goony as all hell so for the sake of Robo's beautiful face, I'd take the avalanche, I guess.

GO STARS!

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Cocaine Bear posted:

With a win and a Preds' loss, the Stars can take wc1 and face Calgary. Now they don't scare me one bit but it would be pretty funny to punk Colorado in the playoffs again. Can't see Dallas losing to either of those scrub teams, but Calgary is goony as all hell so for the sake of Robo's beautiful face, I'd take the avalanche, I guess.

GO STARS!

Could've sworn the Stars have a game to play tonight but SportsClubStats already has them as 1-3 loss to Anaheim so apparently its not going to go well for the home closer.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Boy the Caps sure looked like a playoff bound team last night! I’m sure they just phoned it in cause they’re saving their energy for the real games that matter! It’s no way indicative of their upcoming playoff chances!

:shepface:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
There are a couple scenarios tonight where the Bruins can leap the Lightning for 3rd in the Atlantic, which means we'd get Bruins-Leafs again. That has the potential to be very funny but I kind of want the Bruins to stay where they are because I'd rather be on the Metro side of the playoffs. Although Tampa might be thinking the same thing...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps have to beat the Rangers in regulation & Pittsburgh has to lose in order to get a Caps/Rangers matchup.

If Pittsburgh gets any points tonight then they get the Rangers instead and the Caps get the Cats.

If the Caps lose, they get the Cats regardless if Pittsburg wins or loses.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

There are a couple scenarios tonight where the Bruins can leap the Lightning for 3rd in the Atlantic, which means we'd get Bruins-Leafs again. That has the potential to be very funny but I kind of want the Bruins to stay where they are because I'd rather be on the Metro side of the playoffs. Although Tampa might be thinking the same thing...

Carolina is a good team; but we smoked them in the playoffs in a rarely competitive series last season so I’d love to see them again for that reason. Also, the bolts just seem to harbor a hatred for Carolina that just doesn’t exist for the leafs (yet?) so it should be more entertaining.

But I honestly don’t care who they meet, really.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Wonderllama posted:

Carolina is a good team; but we smoked them in the playoffs in a rarely competitive series last season so I’d love to see them again for that reason. Also, the bolts just seem to harbor a hatred for Carolina that just doesn’t exist for the leafs (yet?) so it should be more entertaining.

But I honestly don’t care who they meet, really.

I feel like Carolina-Tampa has better potential for a regional (well, semi-regional, I know they're like 500 miles apart) rivalry too. Both teams are good now and will continue to be good for the foreseeable future too.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm not so certain in the Hurricanes' case, either paying or losing Tony D is going to hurt them significantly in the short term and they have a cap crunch coming. Besides the whole not having a goalie because they don't believe in goalies thing.

The good news is the Metro is trending toward being pretty weak the next few years, with the Rangers and Hurricanes on top and the rest of the division being bad-to-terrible, unless the Flyers and/or Jackets can turn it around really quick. The Islanders aren't going to return to contenderdom, I don't think; the Penguins are going into the tank either this summer or next; it's unclear whether the Caps will follow suit or will just coast gently into irrelevance on the Ovi Train; the Devils are the Devils. With the Red Wings on the rise as soon as they fire Blashill, the Atlantic looks to be the tougher division for the foreseeable future.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 29, 2022

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs are going to sit Matthews, Marner, and Tavares tonight, also starting Källgren in net and will run 7 D because they don’t have enough forwards after sitting the top 3.

So… I guess it’s Leafs/Bruins in the first round after all!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't see the Pens going into the tank next year. The rest of the metro is just such trash. Who is gonna replace them?

Maybe in a few years

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't see the Pens going into the tank next year. The rest of the metro is just such trash. Who is gonna replace them?

Maybe in a few years

I'm with you but the fact neither Letang nor Malkin (nor indeed any other pending UFA except Jeff fuckin' Carter) has re-signed, plus how totally checked out the team has looked the last month, really has me thinking FSG have decided to let everyone walk and start the tank a year or two sooner than strictly necessary and go for Bedard.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm with you but the fact neither Letang nor Malkin (nor indeed any other pending UFA except Jeff fuckin' Carter) has re-signed, plus how totally checked out the team has looked the last month, really has me thinking FSG have decided to let everyone walk and start the tank a year or two sooner than strictly necessary and go for Bedard.

There's zero chance they'll kick off a full scale rebuild as long as Crosby is still here/this good imo. They might not re-sign all of their big free agents but I suspect even if they don't that they'd try to spend that money somewhere else.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Pens are either getting in the tank or going full Chicago.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
No team coming off a 100+ point season where they made the playoffs is going to tank. A team with a face-of-the-franchise generational superstar like Crosby isn't going to blow it up because two other stars are UFAs. More likely, if Malkin and Letang leave, the Pens use that $30m in cap space to try to lure in Nazem Kadri, Filip Forsberg, John Klingberg, and comedy option Tony DeAngelo.

I'll make some more popcorn after their first round loss in 4 games to the Rangers.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Leafs/Bruins would rule so hard

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zodijackylite posted:

No team coming off a 100+ point season where they made the playoffs is going to tank. A team with a face-of-the-franchise generational superstar like Crosby isn't going to blow it up because two other stars are UFAs. More likely, if Malkin and Letang leave, the Pens use that $30m in cap space to try to lure in Nazem Kadri, Filip Forsberg, John Klingberg, and comedy option Tony DeAngelo.

I'll make some more popcorn after their first round loss in 4 games to the Rangers.

They won't willingly go into the tank, yeah. It might happen organically I guess if they somehow lose every big free agent they have and fail to adequately replace them. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Sullivan guided a Crosby + grinders team into a playoff spot.

If I had to guess, I still think they re-sign Malkin/Letang, lose Rust, and probably keep Sullivan.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

They won't willingly go into the tank, yeah. It might happen organically I guess if they somehow lose every big free agent they have and fail to adequately replace them. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Sullivan guided a Crosby + grinders team into a playoff spot.

If I had to guess, I still think they re-sign Malkin/Letang, lose Rust, and probably keep Sullivan.

I'm on this side. And I think the deeper they make a run this year, the more they'll go in on keeping the core going. So long as you're packing the arena and getting free playoff money, you have no reason to turn off the fountain. Money now is better than possibly money if you luck into winning a draft lottery.

Crosby and Malkin jerseys are going to be all-time best sellers like Lemieux so you don't do a damned thing to risk souring that relationship with the fanbase, too. It would be incredibly short-sighted

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's far from certain that Malkin wants to come back. He may have decided a year ago he's loving off to Russia this summer. He certainly is playing like he's over Sullivan's bullshit and just waiting for it to be over.

Letang not already being re-signed is really worrisome though and I remain in terror that the Pens will let him walk and sign DeAngelo to replace him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm 100% out if they sign that bigot

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps have Schultz, Kempny, Irwin, Johansson, Larsson going UFA. Both goalies hitting RFA. $9M to work with. I don't think they really can do poo poo outside of figuring out what to do with Schultz's spot and mostly standing pat.

e: Oh and watch Ovi hit dingers and hope that the Russia/Ukraine thing blows over.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

Leafs/Bruins would rule so hard

Nazem Kadri is going to sneak in to the Leafs' lineup and elbow a Bruin in the head 5 minutes in to the first game.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Malkin is maybe replaceable by committee. Letang is not. The Pens D core is already a dysfunctional unbalanced mess and losing Letang makes it so much worse. Or course I think it's significantly more likely they move Pettersson than Dumoulin....which is only going to exacerbate the problem *unless* they're getting a unicorn player as a replacement.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

Nazem Kadri is going to sneak in to the Leafs' lineup and elbow a Bruin in the head 5 minutes in to the first game.

Well, he'll get penalized for it regardless of whether he did or not, so he might as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Zodijackylite posted:

Tony D and Kadri would be great fits for them IMO, as would Filip. putting the shithead aspects side, I think Kadri/Forsberg/Tony, if they could get em, would be better than re-signing Malkin/Letang. could go into next season with:

guentzel-crosby-rust/rakell
mcginn-kadri-forsberg
blueger-carter-heinen

dumoulin - Tony D
matheson - Marino

although honestly Tony D is probably gonna cost more than Letang, so you could do the same thing with Letang. they need to trade Zucker, Kapenen, and one of their LDs. might as well go all in for one or two more years. basically, the Pens need to do their Mark Donk bullshit again and trade all the depth players they're paying a ton to.