Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The kid goes alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

The kid goes alright

:iceburn:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Eagles fans are so fairweather the supporters group behind the goals are well outnumbered by the Richmond group at the opposite end

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Not even booing bad umpire calls

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Got a pretty hosed up opinion here

Weagles bad

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Richmond fans complaining about this being on a Friday while systematically ignoring the past 20 years of Richmond/Carlton on a Friday to start the season is a chefs kiss and a half.

Do you guys think Simmo has lost his players? Something doesn't add up as to why they're getting absolutely loving belted by 60+ even with the players we have.

GorgeOnMySyphilis
Mar 3, 2012

Worst Coast. This is unwatchable.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Diet Crack posted:

Something doesn't add up as to why they're getting absolutely loving belted by 60+ even with the players we have.

100+ now. :(

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
You'd be forgiven for thinking that West Coast went to Collective Minds in the off-season

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Atleast JK got his 700th

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You'd be forgiven for thinking that West Coast went to Collective Minds in the off-season

Maybe tying them to trees will do wonders

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Did WC have better players in against the Pies? The Pies are decent. Don't get how they lost.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snoremac posted:

Did WC have better players in against the Pies? The Pies are decent. Don't get how they lost.

Not really, we had less seniors and more juniors. This team today has more games played than the one that faced Collingwood, that's for sure. Collingwood also played a bunch of youths too:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snoremac posted:

IF ...

I was running Richmond ...

THEN ...

I'd be playing Dusty on Friday night against the Eagles. Yes, he's very underdone. But he's Dusty. And the Tigers can't afford another loss.

Sliding Doors always ages extremely well.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We have Brisbane and Melbourne next up - I don't see how Simmo survives this with a combined losing margin of 350pts in 3 weeks

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Diet Crack posted:

We have Brisbane and Melbourne next up - I don't see how Simmo survives this with a combined losing margin of 350pts in 3 weeks

Don't worry, Essendon are coming to save you!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Once Essendon figure out what defense is, they might actually be alright.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

Once Essendon figure out what defense is, they might actually be alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA08tVwOFuU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
More like, Wet Toast

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
The WC situation reminds me of Freo in 2010-2011. Played and won a final in 2010, then Chris Scott left as an assistant to Mark Harvey to go coach Geelong to a premiership, and Freo lost the last six games of the season by about 10 goals a game. Harvey nearly ended the careers of Pav and Johnson with awful player management, in a desperate attempt to keep them on the park when they just needed time to recover from injuries.

Simpson is stuck between a rock and a hard place, he can’t make any significant changes to the game plan as he has no continuity with the team, so he’s left with going with “last years” tactics, and an unsettled list. He’s a far better coach than Harvey ever was, but I get the feeling Simpson’s had enough after having such a poo poo start to season list and result wise, and he’s just going through the motions as he can see a rebuild is the only way up the ladder again.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Half the West Coast list has had covid in the last month or so and it can take a while to get over that. If they’re even a little bit off it would take a massive toll over the course of a game.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Half the West Coast list has had covid in the last month or so and it can take a while to get over that. If they’re even a little bit off it would take a massive toll over the course of a game.

That doesn't explain the quarter time score though

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Spedman posted:

The WC situation reminds me of Freo in 2010-2011. Played and won a final in 2010, then Chris Scott left as an assistant to Mark Harvey to go coach Geelong to a premiership, and Freo lost the last six games of the season by about 10 goals a game. Harvey nearly ended the careers of Pav and Johnson with awful player management, in a desperate attempt to keep them on the park when they just needed time to recover from injuries.

Replace Chris Scott with Sam Mitchell and Harvey with Simpson - I'm still certain he was the reason the midfield was great, even when it was missing Nic Nat.

It would be interesting to see how impacted they are by Covid long term though, if it's the reason why they look so uncompetitive.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Go Freo?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

And here I was thinking it was a bit of a tactical error going to full "save the game" mode with 10 minutes left on the clock, but the Dockers have pulled it off

Geelong downhill skiers status confirmed

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
loving hell. My plums are right up inside of my body

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Saints fans: what's Dunstan's best role? Offensive inside mid I'm guessing?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Max "Rocca" Gawn with the bombs from outside 50

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Max "Rocca" Gawn with the bombs from outside 50

He’s hosed when defenders realise he goes on that arc 100% of the time though

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Football should never be played in Cairns again. They should probably cover the ground in vaseline to make it less slippery.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
This is horseshit, St Kilda. What the gently caress?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh Adelaide, just when I thought you were gonna be good again.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is this Saints game a proper slog as the scoreline suggests or are both teams just playing poo poo?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Is this Saints game a proper slog as the scoreline suggests or are both teams just playing poo poo?

It's humid as gently caress, Port are playing well, Saints are not.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Draw alert

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Come on draw

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
lol this is ridiculous

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Robbie Gray defeats the draw

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

87% humidity apparently and nobody can take a mark.

Periphery posted:

Football should never be played in Cairns again. They should probably cover the ground in vaseline to make it less slippery.

Commentators just had to remind me which game the Saints played in Cairns last year :smith:

Footy bad tonight.

monolithburger posted:

gently caress off

:haibrow: