Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

im never gonna get out of silver :smith:

I mean...all you get for being higher ranked unless your like top 100 is a new frame for your plate and some trophy crystals....so like don't worry about it.

All ranking does is try and match you against people of roughly similar skill...like I really wish I could play ranked and turn off the rank up and down indicators, cuz who cares about rank...just worry about self improvement and you will over time rank up inherently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I'd like to thank Yoshi-P for enabling me to get to diamond in CC. Without him forbidding free chat I would have been banned long ago.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There really isn't any shame in being in lower divisions. In League, at least, high Silver and low Gold is about 50% of the total ranked population or more; it's the median in every sense of the word. I think it's possible for the majority of people hovering around that median to get to higher tiers if they want to, but, for most people, it does require a certain amount of time and effort to learn the skills of other jobs, practice their own combos, monitor their positioning, communicate with their team, find ways to reduce tilt, and otherwise try to squeeze out every possible personal advantage to turn a 50% winrate into a 51% winrate and climb. It's mostly a matter on how much effort you want to put into it.

My personal recommendation is to simply play to improve with as much effort as you find meaningful. If you just wanna gently caress around and make crazy plays and have fun, that's a perfectly valid way to play, and you'll eventually settle at an MMR that reflects your raw skill and intuition. If you think it's worthwhile to try and climb as a personal challenge, then you can put in the elbow grease and work on improving your own play through careful study and practice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
TPT run of the new raid owns so much. Parsed 95 on byregot, personally. Feels good.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I appreciate the thread chat earlier about "tilt" because I realized after dropping back to Bronze 3x0 for the nth time since this mode launched that I'm probably better off not trying to worry about rank anymore. 49 ranked wins, still Bronze 3. I will stop there. I went over to casual and got three wins in a row! less pressure maybe? I still love CC and enjoy it way more than feast, but I think I've hit my skill ceiling. I wish it told me how many losses I have as well, just to compare, but maybe it's better it doesn't.

51 wins to go for Gloria and another 30,000 series XP to finish the battlepass. One day at a time.

Mix. posted:

All of the finalist gunblades are so much sicker looking and I hope we get at least one of them:

I really like the first one with the really long blade. I'm a fan of the skinny swords.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I did it! I walked the end!

Finally made good on all those threatening /determination emotes.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

HackensackBackpack posted:

I appreciate the thread chat earlier about "tilt" because I realized after dropping back to Bronze 3x0 for the nth time since this mode launched that I'm probably better off not trying to worry about rank anymore. 49 ranked wins, still Bronze 3. I will stop there. I went over to casual and got three wins in a row! less pressure maybe? I still love CC and enjoy it way more than feast, but I think I've hit my skill ceiling. I wish it told me how many losses I have as well, just to compare, but maybe it's better it doesn't.

51 wins to go for Gloria and another 30,000 series XP to finish the battlepass. One day at a time.

I really like the first one with the really long blade. I'm a fan of the skinny swords.

If you never played the Feast mode, there's a series of achievements that track how many games you've played of just that and CC. I forget exactly how high they go, but I'm pretty sure it's at least 1000? You can get your losses+draws from that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Playing on a free trial account I actually enjoy crafting and gathering now. It's fun to trudge through a swamp to harvest flax to weave new gloves to smith new earrings. The marketboard was a crutch I needed to have kicked away.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m in gold for CC and was trying Warrior and it was rough. I think I’m good as usually I would maybe die once or twice even if we lost. I know when to stand my ground and when to retreat, but having your DPS go “I’m gonna chase this guy halfway across the map” is frustrating. I decided to switch to Bard and I like it. I like not being right in the thick of things and just sitting back and plinking away someone while a melee user hassles them. Then I rush in, fire off my AOE arrows and then repelling shot away. I don’t get much kills, usually 2-3, but I generally get 10+ assists. I’m winning a tiny bit more than losing as I’ve made my way up to Gold 2. It’s neat to try other jobs if one isn’t working for you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sassassin posted:

Playing on a free trial account I actually enjoy crafting and gathering now. It's fun to trudge through a swamp to harvest flax to weave new gloves to smith new earrings. The marketboard was a crutch I needed to have kicked away.

It's pretty nice, but I wish there was an in-game checklist or gathering had a favorites tab. Too many times have I gathered ingredients and found out the next thing I need is in an area I was just in.

Also maybe a hunter log for monster parts.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's pretty nice, but I wish there was an in-game checklist or gathering had a favorites tab. Too many times have I gathered ingredients and found out the next thing I need is in an area I was just in.

Also maybe a hunter log for monster parts.

There kind of is a checklist, if you click on a recipe and click the "raw material list" it will show everything you need, and then you can lock that window in place and just keep refreshing it when you gather stuff. Or if you have garlandtools.org open on another monitor, you can make shopping lists for crafting multiple items and it'll break down all the raw materials and how to get them and make a checklist for you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Warmachine posted:

I did it! I walked the end!

Finally made good on all those threatening /determination emotes.

Did you pick the Goku choice and get the smirk?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Moose posted:

There kind of is a checklist, if you click on a recipe and click the "raw material list" it will show everything you need, and then you can lock that window in place and just keep refreshing it when you gather stuff. Or if you have garlandtools.org open on another monitor, you can make shopping lists for crafting multiple items and it'll break down all the raw materials and how to get them and make a checklist for you.

This is actually what I've been looking for, I can't believe I've been overlooking it this whole time.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Are there any good addons for gathering/crafting?

Currently i know there's a button to show the tech tree for what you want to craft but something like a shopping list that integrates with the marketboard would be nice.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I would have really liked for this one to win, all I've wanted for MNK was fist wraps or boxing gloves.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 29, 2022

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Cactrot posted:

I would have really liked for this one to win, all I've wanted for MNK was fist wraps or boxing gloves.
Sounds like you need the Pagos Field Dressing for your hand slot. Just combine it with the emperor's new fists and you should be golden.

Punching Gloves are a good option as well for the latter approach.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Got the itch again to play (but for real this time) and decided to try something out of my usual and play Arcanist. It's uh, cool I guess. Mindless so far it seems and honestly that's kinda what I wanted as I play through ARR.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

If you dye the new CC Gunblade white or gray It would approximate this pretty well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Accepted some Namazu quest with the wrong crafter, if I cancel them are they gone for good or can I go back and accept again with the crafter I want to level?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Accepted some Namazu quest with the wrong crafter, if I cancel them are they gone for good or can I go back and accept again with the crafter I want to level?

They'll just pop up to be taken again. You only "lose" dailies when you drop them if the day rolls over (you have some quests from yesterday) or you advanced a rank and there's a new set.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

If you abandon the current day's dailies, you can pick them up again on a different class. If you abandon them later, then you can only pick up the new day's quests and only once you abandoned or finished all the remaining dailies in your log from previous days.

E: This is different from leves which eat an allowance when you accept them, you won't get it back if you abandon or retry those.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Much appreciated thank you!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Onean posted:

If you never played the Feast mode, there's a series of achievements that track how many games you've played of just that and CC. I forget exactly how high they go, but I'm pretty sure it's at least 1000? You can get your losses+draws from that.

Oh, I smashed my face into Feast for awhile to get the Garo mounts long ago. I think I had done over a hundred, my win rate was pretty abysmal. I tried ranked once with a PvP team and we got stomped pretty hard. I'm at 376 combined, and I did a few "The Fold" games way back when as well, so I guess I haven't done quite as many CC games as I assumed, but in the neighbourhood of 200, at this point, I'd imagine.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Namazu you can abandon. Ixal have a daily where you have to turn in crafted items. If you abandon that one you don't get the daily back. The normal Ixal dailies are fine to abandon though.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm 13 wins away from having my own tiny airship

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Vitamean posted:

I'm 13 wins away from having my own tiny airship

Wow! Did you have previous feast matches under your belt or have you won 187 CC matches?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I had some amount of wins from the last garo event - it's easily been over a hundred wins in CC itself, but I'd say I had 40-something grandfathered in from feast.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i smashed my face against the keyboard enough times to get my tiny airship + plat from cc only, but i've been stuck at the bottom of plat 4 since then and only briefly glimpsed plat 3 :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I know I've posted this exact thing before, but god drat is "Cid's magic goggles were given to him by our WoL's ghost/spirit" the single dumbest moment in the entire 1000 hour game.

It's a really tough battle between Cid and Minfilia for the worst ARR character. Garbage design, terrible VA, incredibly dumb in their own special ways.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sassassin posted:

I know I've posted this exact thing before, but god drat is "Cid's magic goggles were given to him by our WoL's ghost/spirit" the single dumbest moment in the entire 1000 hour game.

It's a really tough battle between Cid and Minfilia for the worst ARR character. Garbage design, terrible VA, incredibly dumb in their own special ways.

I still don't know what the hell is going on in that moment, beyond what you've said.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I still don't know what the hell is going on in that moment, beyond what you've said.

On a replay I think it’s a metaphor for the WoL giving him strength? And the WoL shows up in his echo like it’s a 1.0 echo?

Maybe?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm glad i did 2.0 back in Stormblood and have no memories of any of it.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The goggles thing makes absolutely no sense it’s totally insane

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have no memory of this goggles thing at all, must have banished it from my mind

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

The goggles thing makes absolutely no sense it’s totally insane

I assumed it was a 1.0 callback that probably should have given a different cutscene to non-legacy characters

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

If you have fun with it more power to you but I've found the best way to level crafting is to just do the GC turnins, and whenever something's not available cheaply from the MB buy enough mats to make 4 or 5 and then sell the extras. I'm quite certain it's got to be the best ratio of ease/profit/time for crafting, especially if you can get your retainers going on quick ventures to sell (you'll get a 100k-1m item from time to time) and use the seals from the turnins to buy ventures to fund that.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Black Mage might be the most slept on class in Crystaline Conflict. The potency buffs definitely helped but even if you're not killing people, you can heavily punish the enemy team for grouping up with your LB, which is constantly up. By applying burns to any enemy your Flare might hit, you're going to drain their recuperates for your team; or if you need control, AoE stun with Freeze.

The real winning change is that you can kill people through walls with Superflare. It's absolutely sick that you can lose line of sight on a retreating enemy and then just casually pop off a fifth off their health and apply a dot. Even more if you have sleep ready. I blew through all the way to gold, but I honestly can't imagine taking it all the way to crystal; the low HP is reallllllll bad. A coordinated team can kill you with a stun and an imp.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Anecdotal but I see more BLM than MNK in cc

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Still feels like the crazy classes are WHM and WAR just because there is no defense against their CC abilities. There isn't really counterplay to being yoinked and polymorphed. Like the AoE stuns are good and all but other classes can at least partially replicate those effects and there is very clear counterplay to them (space out, cleanse the people who get CCed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Walrus posted:

If you have fun with it more power to you but I've found the best way to level crafting is to just do the GC turnins, and whenever something's not available cheaply from the MB buy enough mats to make 4 or 5 and then sell the extras. I'm quite certain it's got to be the best ratio of ease/profit/time for crafting, especially if you can get your retainers going on quick ventures to sell (you'll get a 100k-1m item from time to time) and use the seals from the turnins to buy ventures to fund that.

I really couldn't care less about farming gil or fast levelling these days. I'm in no rush.