Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Is it just me or is the only part of that lady's skin you can actually see unfiltered the bit behind her glasses? She looks like she was generated by machine learning

She's also in this one, it's p much either an AI-filter, or stage makeup, though I would go with the former because yeah the whole glasses-thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh2HWT8gPeY

Mods are asleep, post smooth Dr. Lemos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

She also moves her head when she talks in such a way that I can't not notice it. It's like she's following the teleprompter as it floats about the room.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Thats the king of worst ideas with an angle grinder.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

mds2 posted:

Thats the king of worst ideas with an angle grinder.

that one with the two counter-rotating chain wheels had its day, but it was the nastiest one that someone actually used to do work

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The shipmaker Austal uses an angle grinder/blade combination has maimed at least four dozen people.

https://revealnews.org/article/this-tool-cuts-fingers-and-gashes-faces-but-shipbuilder-still-uses-it/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Someone needs to get into a CEO's party and drop a severed finger in the punch bowl/ champagne fountain.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Platystemon posted:

The shipmaker Austal uses an angle grinder/blade combination has maimed at least four dozen people.

https://revealnews.org/article/this-tool-cuts-fingers-and-gashes-faces-but-shipbuilder-still-uses-it/

Oh my God they don't know power-scrapers exist.

Lol, that's what happens when your tool design engineers have never built anything.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Blueprints $200
Patents $150
Testing $800
Ergonomic grip studies for an ever decreasing number of fingers $3,600
Prototypes $150
someone who is good at R&D please help me budget this. my human resources are dying

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Scholtz posted:

someone who is good at R&D please help me budget this. my human resources are dying

sever fewer digits

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The Shortest Path posted:

This is straight out of Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I love it.

This car is as black as... this car.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I know this is many pages ago but this has got to be the most depressing poo poo I've ever seen. This is straight out of a Charles Dickens Industrial Revolution esque nightmare.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I love it when my hobbies have a cross promotion.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

A Festivus Miracle posted:

I know this is many pages ago but this has got to be the most depressing poo poo I've ever seen. This is straight out of a Charles Dickens Industrial Revolution esque nightmare.

I had an uncle who was mentally disabled and he had a job putting cotton balls in medicine bottles on an endless line.
I couldn't imagine what a nightmare it would be but he was fine with it.
After the Tylenol poison scare they went to machines and he lost the gig.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Speaking as an autistic person, I know quite a few people who are cool with plain repetition.
It's the talking with people parts of a job that are a problem.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

One of my first jobs after college was phone support for security DVRs with zero training and constantly getting yelled out by security system installers.

You bet your rear end days where I could just ignore the phones and sort a giant box of screws into the proper bins were the best days there.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

A Festivus Miracle posted:

I saw a How's It Made about gas station sandwiches. Even more depressing.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

By popular demand posted:

Speaking as an autistic person, I know quite a few people who are cool with plain repetition.
It's the talking with people parts of a job that are a problem.

Einstein liked his watchmaker job because it didn't require him to pay much attention to what he was doing and he could do math at the same time.

note: I might be mis-remembering the repetitious job.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Jonny Nox posted:

note: I might be mis-remembering the repetitious job.

I thought it was the famed patent office?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

gbut posted:

I thought it was the famed patent office?

Correct. He actually has his name on a patent for a gas powered refrigeration system he helped someone with the paperwork for.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The patent office is where he explains he day dreamed various special and general relativity thought experiments primed by the electromechanical inventions coming through.

He was also on trains a lot as a teenager and that's where he says he first went down the path of special relativity but that's almost definitely more on the synthesis side of memory.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

the tube has a pinhole poked in the bottom of it, you can see it by the ant at the bottom of the tube, it's the cloudy white spot next to the ant. very very tiny hole, but probably sufficient enough for ants.

seems you can buy ants in tubes like this at various online stores, for ant farms. don't know if fire ants are among those listings though.

Doesn't seem big enough, Invictus should widen it. Just a few mm that's all

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This popped up again in the ether and it remains one of my favorite OSHA aware moments.

https://twitter.com/simpsons_DG/status/1519550285856788483?s=20&t=Wt36CW9MCLE6p__mU7St1A

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MattO posted:

I had an uncle who was mentally disabled and he had a job putting cotton balls in medicine bottles on an endless line.
I couldn't imagine what a nightmare it would be but he was fine with it.
After the Tylenol poison scare they went to machines and he lost the gig.

I had a day labor job screwing on the lids to mayonnaise jars. This is not a joke, I lasted there a week.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I had a day labor job screwing on the lids to mayonnaise jars. This is not a joke, I lasted there a week.

How do you torque a lid to spec?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I’m imagining how you got fired and it’s exactly like that episode of I Love Lucy where she eats all the chocolates on the conveyor belt, except it’s just giant handfuls of mayo as the jars pile up on you.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can smell your proposal :barf:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
In the PSP game Work Time Fun, the very first minigame challenge is putting caps on pens. You press X to add the cap, then you press right to move onto the next pen. Sometimes the pen needs to be spun around. Play it for as long as you want, then leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd3jShUcLE&t=144s

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ror posted:

I’m imagining how you got fired and it’s exactly like that episode of I Love Lucy where she eats all the chocolates on the conveyor belt, except it’s just giant handfuls of mayo as the jars pile up on you.

Oh, I quit that one. I stuck out the week so I wouldn't get dropped by the Temp Labor company and moved on to a job working in a garden supply warehouse. Much better.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/ERsuKgq.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/hTjcAUo.mp4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wow, that truck was carrying an absolute fuckload

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Scholtz posted:

Blueprints $200
Patents $150
Testing $800
Ergonomic grip studies for an ever decreasing number of fingers $3,600
Prototypes $150

fullerene posted:

sever fewer digits

No

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Sometimes finding and stimulating the G-spot is a chore.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ahh that hits the spot!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well now I just want to see a text compiling all the relevant glory hole regs

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Old chestnut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_6sU-DetU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Does this look inflamed to you?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Was on the edge of my seat as to whether this was a model truck video or an absolute unit of a cyclopean concrete slab.

Aww, it’s a little baby road header!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Nenonen posted:

Does this look inflamed to you?

They all stand in line for the city's hottest glory hole!