Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Do not put a roux based cheese sauce on your nachos.

Get a block of queso asadero and melt that poo poo into a sauce with some milk, toss your chips in it and some shredded queso oaxaca. Spread your chips out on a non stick pan or clay oven proof plate. Put your chips in the broiler until done and top with crumbled queso cotija, picked cilantro, pickled red onions and thin sliced Fresno chiles, squeeze lime and crack a tecate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Are sushi a type of nachos?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It takes :effort: but making your own chips by cutting up tortillas and frying them, as well as making a roux based cheese sauce is loving delicious.

im trying to imagine ever putting this much effort into anything ever and i just can't get there im sorry

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Not ur cheez

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yellow circle chips with a separate plastic container for orange cheese

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
and look, i hear you on the "tuna on nachos is gross" angle. i do. i hear your concerns and i'm hear to address them

see, i was in the dollar heneral, the one i live right next to so they always talk to me a lot, which would normally be annoying but they're all pretty nice

and so, i was locked in on the plan of making nachos. deffo constructing some nach. right? and i'm like, i've got the guac and the chips, and the cheese, but what the protein?

refried beans are... fine. canned ones from the dollar heneral? not so much. not for nachos anyway.

ground beef? but then i gotta fry it. if i wanted to put that much effort into it, i would not be eating nachos for late night work dinner anyway

but then i'm like. wait a drat minute.

tuna.

and i'm like... "won't that be gross?"

but then i'm like... "no... probably not, if i get the vacuum sealed kind, and i heat it up, and don't use too much. it'll taste like chicken, but very slightly differet"

and u know what

i was right

it DID taste like chicken

so you know...

get duked, haters t:mad:t

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
here's my plate of nachos everyone

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Alchemist posted:

Are sushi a type of nachos?
I'm going to consult the chart

Depending on how you layer it it is salad, toast. Cake and Sandwich if you are weird and top with chips.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

precision posted:

tuna.

and i'm like... "won't that be gross?"

but then i'm like... "no... probably not, if i get the vacuum sealed kind, and i heat it up, and don't use too much. it'll taste like chicken, but very slightly differet"

You know what's good with hot sauce and doesn't need to be cooked? Sardines. Very yummy, put it on crackers or toast and mush it up a bit with hot sauce. or just over the sink from the tin. Drain some liquid add some hot sauce yum! I wouldn't put them on nachos, but I might eat them then eat the nachos.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Made these nachos back during football playoffs

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

looks good!

except the mayo in the middle, but who am i to judge

happy to see that olive representation

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That was supposed to be avocado lime crema but obviously I made it too thick

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is the saddest plate of bachelor nachos I’ve seen to date op. :crossarms:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gatts posted:

They're probably bad by now, you need to eat them at least within 24 hours

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Gatts posted:

I prefer pickled jalapenos in flavor, but the fresh ones like you got in heat. I usually just do a hotter salsa and enjoy the tangy pickled jalapenos.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
1. cover microwave-safe plate with Tostitos rounds
2. grate Cracker Barrel old cheddar over chips (coarse or fine, to preference)
3. apply dashes of Valentina Extra Hot sauce
4. nuke until cheese is melted but not evaporated
5. apply more Valentina Extra Hot sauce

You may say 'inelegant'- I say 'doing more with less'

If I were feeling so inclined I'd probably cut up some jalapeno-stuffed olives, maybe do a few dabs of salsa instead of the hot sauce on the pre-cooked version and maybe prepare it in the oven on a baking sheet or pizza pan covered in tin foil. I have the little individually wrapped guacs but sour cream is sufficient for me- the guacamole has a bit of heat and the hot sauce already makes it plenty so whereas the sour cream has a cooling effect.

Can't wait for summer because once the local tomatoes and chilis come in, then I can start making homemade salsa, pico de gallo, salsa verde, etc. :dance:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The secret to good nachos is to squeeze some lime over the top when they come out of the oven.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Brother Tadger posted:

Want to name my kid Ignacio just so I can call him Nacho

I was sad when he shot himself in the last episode of Better call Saul :smith:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pixaal posted:

The secret to good nachos is to squeeze some lime over the top when they come out of the oven.

gently caress, i made a rice & bean bowl for lunch today with taco seasoning and some fresh veggies and sriracha, and i was thinking that it was a bit on the bland side as i ate, but couldn't put my finger on why. i forgot to squeeze the fresh lime juice on it!!! i had half a lime leftover in the fridge ready to go and i completely forgot about it.

feeling very regretful, i could've had that fresh lime flavor, but the opportunity was missed and there's nothing i can do about it now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That is the saddest plate of bachelor nachos I’ve seen to date op. :crossarms:

there's nothing more sad than telling other people how sad they are, my dude. life is a short and brutish existential night mare

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

there's nothing more sad than telling other people how sad they are, my dude. life is a short and brutish existential night mare

Have you tried clam and cheese nachos? :backtowork:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
im puking irl just thinking about it

clamato nachos

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

precision posted:

clamato nachos

Probably isn't any worse than your stank rear end tuna nacho abomination.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

3 DONG HORSE posted:

is it still nachos if the chips are on the side and all the other stuff is in a bowl

No, that's just chips and dip. I judge Mexican / TexMex restaurants incredibly harshly on quality of both, BOTH the chips and the dip.

I don't know what kind of self respecting restauranteur has the loving plums to serve salsa that looks like ketchup with some Italian seasoning mixed into it served next to the coldest, shittiest caliber of corn tortilla chips that are MANY levels below bag of Tostito's and somehow less salty.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

theyre NOT drippy! i specifically made them not drippy! i continue to insist as i tuck into my plate of tuna nachos

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd eat clam nachos.
That'd be better than tuna from a bag and Kraft singles that I ate alone in the dark while crying like the op who also smells bad

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I'd eat clam nachos.
That'd be better than tuna from a bag and Kraft singles that I ate alone in the dark while crying like the op who also smells bad

I think clam nachos would use a white cheese, and probably go for more a clam chowder like taste. maybe no cheese and instead a cream? These aren't nachos anymore nevermind

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Infidel Castro posted:

Probably isn't any worse than your stank rear end tuna nacho abomination.

tuna is amazing sorry u have a babby palette lao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

clamato nachos

Open your mind. Open up for clammy. Here comes a warm clam nacho vvvrrbbbbvvvvvvvvv! :backtowork:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

precision posted:

Actual tuna like an Ahi Steak is good. That poo poo from a can or pouch?

Nah.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

precision posted:

clamato nachos

Its clamachos, jesus

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is extremely sad what the hell is going on here. I've bookmarked it so I can show you some proper nachos tomorrow

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

precision posted:

Tuna is good, but not on what you made.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

precision posted:

starkist hickory smoked tuna creations

You're eating cat food, OP.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

congrats on making me irl mad with a bunch of posts gbs

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ok as promised this is what a proper plate of nachos looks like. no liquid cheese for christ sake

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Anyone remember Chi Chi's nachos? Tortilla chips with melted yellow cheese and a single jalapeño slice carefully placed in the center of each chip.

lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rutibex posted:

Ok as promised this is what a proper plate of nachos looks like. no liquid cheese for christ sake

are those mushrooms because that's about as bad as tuna imho

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Rutibex posted:

this looks like some kind of creepy pizza op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

somewhere there is an alignment chart showing that nachos are in fact pizza