Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Eh it's fine

Besides, she could have left Alison to die or plucked the power from her head. The worst she can do now is try to push Alison to do something she doesn't want to. It's not apparent that the ice lady wants to do that at this point though.

The ice lady just happens to be very strange is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I'm prepared to like the Ice Lady as much as Salami Dave. I don't care how much the text subtly and overtly informs me of their issues. Just God simp here.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
lol jadis lives opposite the EVA hq

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

W.T. Fits posted:

Alt text.

So is anyone else's paranoia going into overdrive at this point?

YES.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Vagabong posted:

Central Dogma.

Sounds about right.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sounds like she misunderstood when Allison said "It hurts..." to her.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Asspull theory: We were assuming Sloth would be expressed as a Demiurge-tier holodeck, but what if it's expressed as an inability to take active agency (and potentially change the shape of the universe ). Instead she falls back into a supportive role, wanting to help but incapable of proactive action, just reacting/healing the damage her abusive cohort inflicts.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 29, 2022

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Sounds like she misunderstood when Allison said "It hurts..." to her.

Yeah, she hasn't even mentioned that it started updating again!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah, she hasn't even mentioned that it started updating again!

There's no way "It hurts" has started updating again, it finished!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vagabong posted:

I just started playing control and that black pyramid is triggering me hard

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1520050702986395649

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
If this is a mindscape, Jadis is doing a real good job with the details of Allison's healing/atrophying.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I suspect there's some sort of split going on, given the shadow Jadis from the book cover and the fact that Allison's injuries seem to be retained on that page. Maybe she only remains healed while she stays in this specific place, isolated from the rest of the universe.

It'd be an interesting setup for her to choose to take on that burden again willingly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Xand_Man posted:

Asspull theory: We were assuming Sloth would be expressed as a Demiurge-tier holodeck, but what if it's expressed as an inability to take active agency (and potentially change the shape of the universe ). Instead she falls back into a supportive role, wanting to help but incapable of proactive action, just reacting/healing the damage her abusive cohort inflicts.

Something Sloth-like; "Do No Harm".

Slothful stagnancy and stillness bring eternal tranquility.

There's also something very pertinent on the off chance she's being honest; How much time did it take to regrow those limbs?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Have a hard time buying the idea that they fully took care of all the physical damage. I've been worried by how relatively okay Jadis seems to be doing. Wrt stuff like being able to speak at normal speeds, having a face that looks like its... you know, getting nutrients? A bit of moisture? The oposite of a whispering prophet zombie?

Its all too convenient.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jadis is a demiurge with her own agenda so I don't think you can trust anything she says or does. If she could heal someone like this she wouldn't have been trapped in her crystal box for aeons.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I do find her insistence on "does it still hurt?" to be a little unsettling. Like maybe she's really asking "is my bullshit dream world calibrated correctly or are you still registering feeling from your real body?"

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
we already know that Kill Six Billion Demons is missing that eye, so unless she somehow loses it again, i'm gonna say this isn't real.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FuturePastNow posted:

If she could heal someone like this she wouldn't have been trapped in her crystal box for aeons.

I'm not sure how you got to B from A here, I thought she was trapped in her crystal prison out of her own fear of action, and obviously something has changed

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

Jadis is a demiurge with her own agenda so I don't think you can trust anything she says or does. If she could heal someone like this she wouldn't have been trapped in her crystal box for aeons.

there was some universal cutting around a while back

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, I'm still backing the "this is secretly a mindscape" hypothesis for the moment.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

She wants someone to say no so she can complain about her life to them

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I don't think it's a mindscape mostly because we've already had that before in previous arcs. There's definitely going to be some sort of twist to this though.
The "replace all tissue" line has got me wondering... what if she actually meant that they replaced all tissue? Maybe this is a clone and Alison prime is in the next room over still all hosed up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's like a machine trying to be a mother.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Mindblast posted:

Have a hard time buying the idea that they fully took care of all the physical damage.

An angel statue punched a kung fu man so hard she turned into a flesh and blood human how is magical healing unbelievable

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Is punching involved with the healing?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

World Famous W posted:

Just as a true master of the sword doesn't need a blade to cut, a true furious dumbass doesn't need an arm to punch.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Mr. Lobe posted:

Eh it's fine

Besides, she could have left Alison to die or plucked the power from her head. The worst she can do now is try to push Alison to do something she doesn't want to. It's not apparent that the ice lady wants to do that at this point though.

The ice lady just happens to be very strange is all.

She could not have because she's seen the shape of the wheel and knows that she's already not done that in the future, yeah?

Like you're absolutely safe around Jadis as long as you're absolutely safe around Jadis and if you're not then you never were!

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

World Famous W posted:

It doesn’t ALL have to be punching.

…does it?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Xand_Man posted:

There Bias Two posted:

I suspect there's some sort of split going on, given the shadow Jadis from the book cover and the fact that Allison's injuries seem to be retained on that page. Maybe she only remains healed while she stays in this specific place, isolated from the rest of the universe.

It'd be an interesting setup for her to choose to take on that burden again willingly.
Going with these theories.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

squibble posted:

…does it?

Someone's not going to reach heaven.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Mr. Lobe posted:

Besides, she could have left Alison to die or plucked the power from her head.

Actually that begs the question; CAN the Key of Kings be plucked from Allison? She's been in several situations where one of the demiurges or other people could theoretically have made a grab for the thing (current situation only the latest) but it seems like most people just try to persuade her either to use the thing the way they want or else hand it over to someone else herself. Maybe it can't be taken without her consent, or at least not safely.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

I do find her insistence on "does it still hurt?" to be a little unsettling. Like maybe she's really asking "is my bullshit dream world calibrated correctly or are you still registering feeling from your real body?"
Since the "on a scale of 1 to 10" line, I can't shake the feeling that she's got a whole a "you have no idea what a 10 is like" rant lined up.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think she's nice and you guys are just negative nancies

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MadDogMike posted:

Actually that begs the question; CAN the Key of Kings be plucked from Allison? She's been in several situations where one of the demiurges or other people could theoretically have made a grab for the thing (current situation only the latest) but it seems like most people just try to persuade her either to use the thing the way they want or else hand it over to someone else herself. Maybe it can't be taken without her consent, or at least not safely.

Any number of people have made attempts to kill her, including a lot who know what the thing in her head is. Maybe Mottom was being cautious and Dave was too proud to just murder Allison, but Inky and Jaggs were fully intending to take it from her by violence once they decided she wouldn't just do as they wanted. It's definitely an option as far as the demiurges are concerned.

That Jadis has chosen not to take it, while Allison was helplessly in her power for any length of time, an interesting development. She definitely prefers for Allison to do something for her rather than do it herself but then, you know, Sloth.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm on the 'this isn't real' train, too, but with a twist. I think this is a preview of what could be, if Allison just lays down and lets her adventure end. If she spends years and years resting and healing, she'll be whole again, and at peace, and it won't hurt any more, and all it will cost is all of her strength and agency. THAT'S the temptation of sloth. Perfect passivity.

But we know what kind of story this is. Allison is going to choose the hard way, she's going to get back up and keep fighting, even if there's nothing to gain and everything to lose, because Al-YIS-UN is a great and terrible fool.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

squibble posted:

…does it?
Sex is also an option, yes.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Thundarr posted:

That Jadis has chosen not to take it, while Allison was helplessly in her power for any length of time, an interesting development. She definitely prefers for Allison to do something for her rather than do it herself but then, you know, Sloth.

Jadis doesn't really have any aspirations for more power, she could barely even leave her little crystalline studio apartment until it was smashed open by Murder God. I think the reason none of the demis want the Key of Kings is because, before Jag anyways, it would've instantly flagged them for PVP against all of the rest of the demis and we've seen from how Allison gets her rear end kicked constantly that the Key of Kings does not actually make you an invincible death dealer - that's something that's gotta come from within.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Sex is also an option, yes.

Sex is a form of punching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

girl dick energy posted:

I'm on the 'this isn't real' train, too, but with a twist. I think this is a preview of what could be, if Allison just lays down and lets her adventure end. If she spends years and years resting and healing, she'll be whole again, and at peace, and it won't hurt any more, and all it will cost is all of her strength and agency. THAT'S the temptation of sloth. Perfect passivity.

But we know what kind of story this is. Allison is going to choose the hard way, she's going to get back up and keep fighting, even if there's nothing to gain and everything to lose, because Al-YIS-UN is a great and terrible fool.

I agree, she will reject Jadis's proposal and awaken to her mangled body and be furious and peg leg around to save Cio.