Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cYn
Apr 1, 2008

Warbird posted:

Thoughts and prayers on your misfortune OP.

Well I came from South Africa, so...
:synpa:

cYn has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Apr 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

New shorts for the gym.
Unlike my older ones, these are 5" to show off the progress on my quads!

Oh, Zero Foxtrot. They straight up sell white supremacist poo poo like Rhodesian camo.

So… enjoy supporting that.

mystes
May 31, 2006

cYn posted:

Well I came from South Africa, so...
A lateral move

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

cYn posted:

Got myself some original Judge Dredd comic pages from Staz Johnson and PJ Holden, because I'm a nerd and I finally have the resources. When I was a kid growing up they didn't even sell Dredd or 2000AD in my lovely country so it was pretty hard to come by. I live in the UK now.

P neat! Let us see them once you get them framed!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Napoleon Nelson posted:

One shirt for fun, one to get me uninvited from family events. You decide which is which!

Good stuff. I recently ordered this from them as a Mother’s Day present for my wife:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

St_Ides posted:

Oh, Zero Foxtrot. They straight up sell white supremacist poo poo like Rhodesian camo.

i once saw someone post on instagram at a gun range, doing the upside down OK symbol, and wearing rhodesian light infantry short shorts

it was like a trifecta of horrible decisions

they also had oakleys on with the typical goatee you would expect

suffice to say I quickly blocked them and everyone associated with them

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I had no idea about Rhodesia and white supremacy so I did some googling and good lord a lot of guys at my Fish and Game are racists apparently. So that sucks.

Anyway, I bought myself a steam deck and new T shirt. I love it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

St_Ides posted:

LMAO I was just joshing but welp,

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
But Rhodesia was an African country, why pick that for your white supremacist clothing company?

Maybe they just, rightly, think the dogs are hella cool.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

But Rhodesia was an African country, why pick that for your white supremacist clothing company?

:thunk:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
It seems like a lot of work to try and keep up with what white supremacists have appropriated :( Could we just judge people on their actions, or nah?

Android Apocalypse, let those quads breathe. I am still wildly lazy/naive enough to have no idea if your shorts are racist or not.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Aramek posted:

Maybe they just, rightly, think the dogs are hella cool.

I honestly can't tell if this is serious or not. I'm pretty sure wearing things that specifically represent a white supremacist apartheid state implies some really lovely things about the person wearing it.

Here's a post in TFRs about Rhodesia and wearing Rhodesian camo. It's part of a good conversation that seems to come up in that thread every time they're mentioned.

Zero Foxtrot does massive amounts of advertising on Facebook. Try looking at the comments on one of those ads and you can judge for yourself if racism is associated.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Those shorts are basically Ranger panties and tons of companies make them, most notably Soffe

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Not in defense of a company that seems to suck, but if not for this thread I would have absolutely no idea what Rhodesian camo is and would probably assume it was just a random pattern I’d never seen before.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Not in defense of a company that seems to suck, but if not for this thread I would have absolutely no idea what Rhodesian camo is and would probably assume it was just a random pattern I’d never seen before.

OK Kaspar Hauser :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

See you in hell, scum.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think that's kinda the point. It's a coded thing recognizable to those who know, but meaningless/innocuous to those who don't.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Apr 28, 2022

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Coffee And Pie posted:

But now that you know you wouldn’t buy/wear it, would you?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I bought a bicycle https://imgur.com/a/A25uYEl

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I paid for and passed my M1 motorcycle license test. So I can only assume this will lead to an endless supply of bad financial decisions and more posts in this thread

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Now get into synths, vinyl and airplanes. Complete the midlife goon experience.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Blue On Blue posted:

I paid for and passed my M1 motorcycle license test. So I can only assume this will lead to an endless supply of bad financial decisions and more posts in this thread

Lovely, we'll be happy to have you
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810736

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
I finally bought a used Digitakt after several months of reviews and research and loving around with my current gear.

I just factory reset my Volca Sample 2 and boxed it up. Also cleaned and boxed up my Volca Nubass, both are for sale if anyone is interested. PM me if interested, will put them up on SA-Mart and Reverb tomorrow.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

The tomorrow is indeed tomorrow

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
good stuff, you already have the rest of the '59 goats?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh good that will help with some specific questions I am sure

Cheers

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Bought my own trailer, so I don't have to keep borrowing my parents trailer.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rolo posted:

Now get into synths, vinyl and airplanes. Complete the midlife goon experience.

And guns, don’t forget guns!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm looking at forest plots myself. I want to buy land, subscribed to the main finnish realtor of forest properties. Looking for that one for me, I'd love me some hectares of wood.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A MINIATURE LLAMA posted:

A new TV to replace my burnt-in plasma and some lights to go behind it.

It comes with a camera so it reacts to whatever is on TV.

Thanks for posting this. I ended up getting their bias lighting kit for 75” tvs and it’s so much better than what I had on there which was limited to a single static color. Calibration was easy enough and it’s an awesome effect.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Thanks for posting this. I ended up getting their bias lighting kit for 75” tvs and it’s so much better than what I had on there which was limited to a single static color. Calibration was easy enough and it’s an awesome effect.

Oh right, I had been thinking about picking something like this up. Is there somewhere that has a decent breakdown of the various offerings? We have a bunch of Hue stuff already, but I don’t particularly want to shell out $300 for lighting. A third party one that does well enough may be a good compromise.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
A guitar, late 70s Epiphone Made in Japan ET-290

Another rack which holds many guitars

And another weird-ish painting that I am in love with

Dated 1981 but if you told me it was from the last 20 years I'd have believed you.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

post the dunkin/BR guitar

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Oh right, I had been thinking about picking something like this up. Is there somewhere that has a decent breakdown of the various offerings? We have a bunch of Hue stuff already, but I don’t particularly want to shell out $300 for lighting. A third party one that does well enough may be a good compromise.

This is what I ended up getting. I don't have any other govee stuff (hadn't even heard of them) but reviews seem pretty good and the setup and calibration and all that was easy. I don't think it works with my HomeKit stuff, but it's just gonna stay on the video setting so I don't care. The app is easy enough for when I do want to mess with it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09J4PPFK2/r

Edit

Took this after I calibrated it. It’s brighter than I’d normally keep it but I cranked it up for the pic.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

lament.cfg posted:

post the dunkin/BR guitar

Autographed by Trace Adkins and Lauren Alaina, as if anyone cared

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Bottom Liner posted:

good stuff, you already have the rest of the '59 goats?

No but they're comin

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Coolnezzz posted:

I finally bought a used Digitakt after several months of reviews and research and loving around with my current gear.

It showed up today and came running the current firmware and is fully loaded with sample packs which look to have cost the previous owner about $200 if they actually purchased them. Downloaded them all to my PC then factory reset it, looking forward to making some horribly lovely beats.

The buttons are magical to press, so clicky. I love this thing so far. I've watched Cuckoo's tutorial a few times now and have been following along, shame about the USB upload speed for loading samples but I'll deal with it.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

New rollerblades, because my mid-life crisis is showing no sign of letting up.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
We finally got our new house so we've done some shopping. I've got a Sage Smart Grinder Pro and. Sage Bambino Plus on the way to make breakfast more fun. And a Lay-Z-Boy 3 piece suite on the way for the living room.

Still bed and desk shopping, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any experience with those reconfigurable sectionals? Lovesac makes them, as do lots of other companies. No idea which manufacturers I should consider though.