Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna fire up the bbq tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

numberoneposter posted:

gonna fire up the bbq tonight

I wanted to do that tonight, but it's supposed to be another horrific wind day here and my grill is coal :(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

weather has been semi-poo poo here this spring and its still pretty cold but where have my propane grill is pretty sheltered

chicken drumstricks or hot italian sausages??

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

I wanted to do that tonight, but it's supposed to be another horrific wind day here and my grill is coal :(

Same. Beautiful sunny day but 40mph gusts are really ruining my Friday vibe

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

numberoneposter posted:

weather has been semi-poo poo here this spring and its still pretty cold but where have my propane grill is pretty sheltered

chicken drumstricks or hot italian sausages??

drumsticks imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Use the drumsticks as buns for the sausages

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Not sure why this thread was unstickied because it's still Friday?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ooo I should grill brats this weekend

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Not sure why this thread was unstickied because it's still Friday?

I had it on a six hour timer

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ooo I should grill brats this weekend

friday is 24h long seth :mad:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hell yeah #1p, well said. cracking a cold one now

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Typical mod brain :rolleyes:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

drumsticks it is

gonna make my famous red sauce

aka just everything spicy and/or red in the kitchen in a big poo poo mix

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
gently caress, all this BBQ chat is really putting me in the mood

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Oh cool, I didn't know it worked like that :shobon:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

numberoneposter posted:

drumsticks it is

:hai:

whats this threads thoughts on grilled asparagus or broccoli?

i love them both

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
also a casual friday observation: last night the pats picked an offensive guard named cole strange who wears #69

that is all

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Luvcow posted:

i love them both
cant say ive ever grilled broccoli

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

numberoneposter posted:

i hadn't till a few years ago when someone asked if it was possible. one google later and i found a great way to do it with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese. you let it get charred before you take it off and it's really loving good.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

friday is a time for discovery

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Luvcow posted:

i love them both

Usually roast asparagus but they're both good vegetables

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

numberoneposter posted:

drumsticks it is

can i come bleed in it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

i love them both

Both are good.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Chief McHeath posted:

can i come bleed in it
only if you have guy fieri our lord of savory gravy for blood

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I love a good roasted broccoli and asparagus :yum:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Roasted broccoli is ridiculously good :getin:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Lovely weather, so I went the long way to buy groceries, with the car window down.

Now, I'm sipping gin and eating up tasty leftovers.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

gleebster posted:

Lovely weather, so I went the long way to buy groceries, with the car window down.

Now, I'm sipping gin and eating up tasty leftovers.

perfect spring post

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
HAPPY FRIDAY FUCKWADS!!

TIME TO GET ON THE PISS AND GET FUCKIN MAGGOT!

My week was better but I got to get in to an argument with a guy from an engineering company on Monday because his utility locates were less than adequate for me to do the work I was supposed to do.

I left my site, he called my boss and bitched and I don't care. gently caress that guy. My boss mostly had my back though. Particularly when I got back and could explain in more detail what was wrong with the poo poo. After I had a chance to do that he was all like "word bro, you did the right poo poo" pretty much.

Fuckin just ate me some boneless "wings" battered and fried mushrooms, and some potato wedges.
No wonder I'm a fat pile of poo poo. Now its time to walk to the pub, SKULL. SOME. FUCKIN. PISS. AND. GET. MAGGOT!!

gently caress YEAH MOTHERFUCKS!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’ve skulled Don Julio Anejo, Hennessy, 2 glasses of wine and downed 5 hot wings and 2 slices of pizza and watching the NFL Draft…more whiskey coming up

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

HAPPY FRIDAY FUCKWADS!!

TIME TO GET ON THE PISS AND GET FUCKIN MAGGOT!

My week was better but I got to get in to an argument with a guy from an engineering company on Monday because his utility locates were less than adequate for me to do the work I was supposed to do.

I left my site, he called my boss and bitched and I don't care. gently caress that guy. My boss mostly had my back though. Particularly when I got back and could explain in more detail what was wrong with the poo poo. After I had a chance to do that he was all like "word bro, you did the right poo poo" pretty much.

Fuckin just ate me some boneless "wings" battered and fried mushrooms, and some potato wedges.
No wonder I'm a fat pile of poo poo. Now its time to walk to the pub, SKULL. SOME. FUCKIN. PISS. AND. GET. MAGGOT!!

gently caress YEAH MOTHERFUCKS!

gently caress yeah bud, its friday buddy, time to leave all that poo poo behind and embrace the weekend.

battered mushrooms sounds amazing right about now. i've been working on some terrain modeling for a few hours so i ended up just slapping some charcuterie together for dinner and snacking for me and the kiddos. def gonna need some late night grease tonight tho

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

gently caress yeah bud, its friday buddy, time to leave all that poo poo behind and embrace the weekend.

battered mushrooms sounds amazing right about now. i've been working on some terrain modeling for a few hours so i ended up just slapping some charcuterie together for dinner and snacking for me and the kiddos. def gonna need some late night grease tonight tho

They dope as hell. But you have to eat them when they're hot. Reheating them is uhhhhhh not good. They just don't taste the same.
I won't Doxx you but you're in a city that starts with a G right? A little north and mostly west of the "tdot"?

The place I got them from has another branch or whatever the gently caress in said G town.

Don't know if they sell them there though.

Just gotta let my food settle a bit and then its off to piss town!!

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007
Our big bosses let us free at noon today and took us all out for lunch and (many) drinks as a congrats for finishing this tower we've been building for the last couple years. Feels good for us lowly tradespeople to get at least a little appreciation for actually BUILDING the goddamn thing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

whoops i accidentally bought 4.0% DAB low carb beer

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Enoch Root posted:

Our big bosses let us free at noon today and took us all out for lunch and (many) drinks as a congrats for finishing this tower we've been building for the last couple years. Feels good for us lowly tradespeople to get at least a little appreciation for actually BUILDING the goddamn thing.

Thats the poo poo. What did you do there? Like what is your trade? Electrical? Plumbing? Sheet metal?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Was gonna crack a frosty but this thread got me thinkin bout that whiskey

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Thats the poo poo. What did you do there? Like what is your trade? Electrical? Plumbing? Sheet metal?

I'm a journeyman Plumber and Gasfitter. I work in Alberta, Canada which apparently is the only province where you get two red seal trades in a single four-year apprenticeship!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

got through a fairly major delivery at work today, went to the grocery store and bought some absolute trash food and beer and i'm gonna go hog wild tonight. was feeling pretty beat by quittin' time, but just got back from a ~45 min walk in the beautiful windy weather here and i'm completely re-energized and ready to scroll through my list of steam games for an hour to figure out what to play.

i'm thinkin... tonight i'm gonna stay up past my bedtime :twisted:

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 30, 2022

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
:love: the Friday energy itt

happy friday

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Happy Friday everyone. :)

I went to my parent's today and put in their printer ink, helped my mom set up her 23andMe kit, and somehow convinced my dad to do a DNA test too. I never thought he would want to do that.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Enoch Root posted:

I'm a journeyman Plumber and Gasfitter. I work in Alberta, Canada which apparently is the only province where you get two red seal trades in a single four-year apprenticeship!

Sweet. I do geotechnical and environmental drilling. You mentioned building a tower in your other post. They usually send me in first to do the test borings before they start to dig.
The placce I was at Monday where I got in to an argument with the guy was one such site. Some houses getting torn down for a condo tower just outside of Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Sweet. I do geotechnical and environmental drilling. You mentioned building a tower in your other post. They usually send me in first to do the test borings before they start to dig.
The placce I was at Monday where I got in to an argument with the guy was one such site. Some houses getting torn down for a condo tower just outside of Toronto.

Oh nice! Funnily enough I'm starting groundworks piping next week on yet ANOTHER tower! So I'll literally be working "in the trenches". I actually kind of like it though, I'm the designated "math" guy on my crew so I'll mostly be playing with a builder's level getting elevations and such.

Out of curiosity, where outside of Toronto? I actually grew up outside of Toronto and only moved to 'Berta in 2014.