Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

I had a panic attack the first time I watched The Descent. Turns out I have a little claustrophobia!

In other news I was at an event for my wife's school last night and chatting with one of the new moms and she was talking about how she's a screenwriter for horror stuff, she's writing for a moderately notable horror show coming up. I said I was going to look up her IMDB and she said the inkblot thing on there "was this really bad movie." I figured it would be some straight to VOD schlock like "the Amityville Space Station 3" or something. No, it was a theatrical film I remember coming out with a few mid-level stars. It does suck though.

this story is entirely pointless if you don't tell us the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Whoa they added Prom Night 4 to Shudder, at least here in Canada. It's not good per se but I've seen it over fifty times because we had a VHS copy out for rental when the video store closed down.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The results are in!

4. Graveyard Disturbance
3. Black Demons
2. The Ogre

And coming in at #1, The Church!

Congratulations to Michele Soavi for directing the best Demoni 3!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Kvlt! posted:

this story is entirely pointless if you don't tell us the movie

I don't want to say the movie because it would be really really obvious who I was talking to if I did that! But it's a real lousy movie!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't want to say the movie because it would be really really obvious who I was talking to if I did that! But it's a real lousy movie!

So then why did you bring it up? Just to tell us you met someone who worked on a bad movie but you cant tell us which?

In other news I gave We Are All Going to the Worlds Fair another shot and it was p much the same as I expected: not my personal taste but very well done. I wish they'd made it a true FF movie I thought'd itd be creepier that way. But im glad I went back and finished it. It got much better after the first 30 min.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

flashy_mcflash posted:

Whoa they added Prom Night 4 to Shudder, at least here in Canada. It's not good per se but I've seen it over fifty times because we had a VHS copy out for rental when the video store closed down.

I was shocked last year when I watched Prom Night 2 that it has no HD release, that one (unless it's stuck in rights hell?) surely has to be due up soon. There's some great looking scenes in that movie, it's sad to see them on such a lovely print.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I thought it came from this thread for sure, but just in case it didn't (since it seems new to a bunch of us), let me make the pitch for this:

Q is a 12 part Japanese horror series, with 11 parts currently released. Each one revolves around a piece of media (video, audio, blog post) that are weird and mysterious, and episodes are all under 20 minutes each. What the series does best is atmosphere -- it's positively dripping with dread, ranging from 'huh that's neat' to 'oh poo poo oh gently caress what the gently caress'. The whole thing is presented in a quasi-documentary style and honestly, THIS is going to be the web series YouTubers are talking about in a couple months after the final part drops.

I don't think there are really any 'weak' uploads, because they're all different and interesting in their own way. The best one IMO is this one -- you have to promise me that you'll watch it in the dark, with headphones on, because it's especially good that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90BJbpNM-FU

Anyway, you can watch all the parts here, and I strongly suggest you do, it rules.

This is dope. Thank you!

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Paranormal Activity for me. There's a lot of benign stuff that happens, but in an unnatural way. Latter 1/3rd loses that a bit. The end with her being possessed, jumping at the camera took me out of it, but I left the theater pretty shook up.

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 29, 2022

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Two things give me anxiety while watching them: Home invasion movies (especially while I’m a little high) and the part in baking shows where they make the baker carry the big fragile cake over to another table for judging.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Snuff Melange posted:

What movies from the last two decades scared you all the most? Not necessarily the best, the most artistic, or competent, just the SCARIEST?

hereditary

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
What was the consensus on The Forever Purge? It's on HBO and I'm thinking about including it in my May challenge.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I didn't think it was as good as The First Purge, but worth watching.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Paranormal Activity for me. There's a lot of benign stuff that happens, but in an unnatural way. Latter 1/3rd loses that a bit. The end with her being possessed, jumping at the camera took me out of it, but I left the theater pretty shook up.

Same, just a combination of circumstances of how i watched it where that movie struck the fear of God into me. It's funny how found footage is one of my least favorite genres, but the ones that nail it (Blair Witch, Rec, Paranormal Activity) are up among the films that gave me genuine frights.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Basebf555 posted:

What was the consensus on The Forever Purge? It's on HBO and I'm thinking about including it in my May challenge.
I'm a fan of The Purge series but thought Forever was the weakest entry. Didn't do much of anything for me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I liked it more than the original Purge but that’s it, weakest otherwise in the franchise including the show for me

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Hmmm ok maybe I'll keep it on the back burner and prioritize other stuff first.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's a top-tier gif. I will do its bidding.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

stealing this for the challenge thread

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

:)7

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

gey muckle mowser posted:

stealing this for the challenge thread

So close

:f5:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thank Mr skeltal

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Phy posted:

Thank Mr skeltal

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Last Drive In has its season premiere tonight, so this I shall do.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Starting to feel like it’s shaping up to be a nice night for either f13 reboot, or a double-feature of H2018 and Kills

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Starting to feel like it’s shaping up to be a nice night for either f13 reboot, or a double-feature of H2018 and Kills

There's a Friday the 13th occurring in May, so you might want to save the reboot for 2 weeks and do the Halloween sequels tonight.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Class3KillStorm posted:

There's a Friday the 13th occurring in May, so you might want to save the reboot for 2 weeks and do the Halloween sequels tonight.

Oh yes… splendid idea!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MrMojok posted:

Would you say that evil dies tonight?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

pospysyl posted:

Those of you in New York should try to see Noe's Lux Aeterna at the Metrograph next week. It's an intense and overwhelming experience, like Climax if it took place on a movie set or Day for Night if it was more like a waking nightmare. Don't see it if you have epilepsy, though. To be fair, it does begin with an epigraph talking about the ecstasy of epileptic fits, so you can't say the movie doesn't warn you. I hope it's coming to more theaters, because I don't think it would work at all watching at home unless you have an incredible set up.

A page or two back, but I noticed it's also going to be at Nitehawk in Williamsburg in a couple of weeks.

https://nitehawkcinema.com/williamsburg/movies/lux-aeterna/

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Has anyone heard anything about the new 'Salem's Lot adaptation? I've heard what footage/trailer they've shown so far were well received, but I haven't found anything out there beyond reactions to it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

Yea! Gonna rip his mask off, look him in the eye, and swing ol’ Huckleberry here!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

M_Sinistrari posted:

Has anyone heard anything about the new 'Salem's Lot adaptation? I've heard what footage/trailer they've shown so far were well received, but I haven't found anything out there beyond reactions to it.
It's from the director of Annabelle Comes Home whose screenwriting credits include the recent It films, Annabelle series, and The Nun. So, I'm a little suspicious.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rageaholic posted:

Evil dies TONIGHT!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MrMojok posted:

Why would you self-harm like that? :(

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
10 dollars they make Barlow a mute Nosferatu again.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Horror films are blood

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

final episode of the Q YouTube serjes goes live at midnight tonight hooray

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Horror films are life

PKMN Trainer Red