Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are these bags valuable a lot of them are from retired sets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do parts bags even have anything on them that identifies them?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Are these bags valuable a lot of them are from retired sets

That depends, did you use a heat gun to gently melt the plastic crimping, delicately remove the bricks, and then reseal the plastic? Or did you tear them open like a common raccoon?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think anyone cares about parts bags without the parts in them.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I broke the seal on the Trench Run with a butter knife

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

gently caress YO DOUBLE DECKER COUCH.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

OK

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RatHat posted:

Do parts bags even have anything on them that identifies them?

There's a QR code on them, storing a 7 digit number. On the ones I scanned it was a 3 digit number that was the same on all bags in a set, then a 4 digit number that were all sequential to the set. The number doesn't relate to the set number at all so it's probably codes specific to their packing facility.

There's another smaller QR style code on the bags but my phone couldn't recognize it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No joke. I bought a used set once that came with the bags. It was over 10 years old at the time. The person had opened them neatly and kept them in the box. It was very strange.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Waltzing Along posted:

No joke. I bought a used set once that came with the bags. It was over 10 years old at the time. The person had opened them neatly and kept them in the box. It was very strange.

If there is one thing that I have learned from this threat it's that this is not that strange at all.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Should have used an X-Acto knife.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That’s what she said…

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Did the succulents get silently bumped? I know they disappeared for a bit off the site… and now they are there but just say coming soon, no date.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Feenix posted:

Did the succulents get silently bumped? I know they disappeared for a bit off the site… and now they are there but just say coming soon, no date.

From what I read they were up for preorder and then they had an issue with the pages and took the preorder button away and just say coming soon until May 1st when they are released.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Feenix posted:

My succulent preorder just shipped. But yeah I think they just delisted them from the store, and then relisted them as coming soon for their official launch date.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Mega adds the dotted line-precut thing on some bags, mostly the smallest ones. The others are like Lego's, and I keep them too, cutting them neatly with scissors. I must have a pile like Big D Bird's I started keeping them 'cause they're useful to keep for a stoner, I put seeds, paper clips, screens in them, haha.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Found my local Wal-Mart had Series 22 minifigs left, got a Troubadour and Alien. Then bought the other ones I wanted off bricklink because standing there trying to feel the bags isn't something I want to do too often (Did find the Troubadour hat that way though).

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The only way to open the bags is to pull them open so hard it explodes like a hand grenade right into your face.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I use a higo no kami (Japanese pocketknife) that I keep near where I do my assembly for the express purpose of reverently slicing bags open

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Same but full tang hanzo steel katana

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I start a rip along the serrated edge of the bag with a twist of my fingers and it opens perfectly clean with no spilled parts and no bushido code required.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

When are the paper bags coming?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I melt the bags open with a barbecue lighter

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

When are the paper bags coming?

Plan is to go fully/mostly paper by 2025, according to the insert that came with the Xmas Ninjago set they gave us. That set had paper bags, but it was like only half of them, the rest were regular plastic.

I should probably take that thing down soon, I need room for other stuff. If anyone wants to see it I can post pictures when I get it off the shelf.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I just assemble them inside the bags.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't wait to find out that they somehow used some weird chemical when making the paper bags that causes all the bricks to melt together if you leave them in the box too long.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

I just assemble them inside the bags.

I've seen people do this with polybags.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I kinda want to do that and then return it. Blow some kids mind. Give them something to talk about on the playground the next day.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

deoju posted:

I kinda want to do that and then return it. Blow some kids mind. Give them something to talk about on the playground the next day.

Their friends would never believe them anyway...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I've seen people do this with polybags.

I've done it. It's a fun challenge.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Jang has some images of the new City Farm sets. Some neat new animal and plant pieces. I might get the vegetable truck.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyOySyLpc20

Literally A Person posted:

Their friends would never believe them anyway...
That's the best part!

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 29, 2022

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

veni veni veni posted:

Same but full tang hanzo steel katana

I'm an american. I shoot mine open

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm an american. I shoot mine open

I'm a real American, I use an app to pay someone else to open mine.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is there a way on lego or Bricklink to search by color first part second?
Like lets say I wanted to know all the chrome parts before tyring to pick them in studio?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I needed to see it actually on video next to a person but I think I'm sold on the landspeeder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYsaYv2zLw

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Is there a way on lego or Bricklink to search by color first part second?
Like lets say I wanted to know all the chrome parts before tyring to pick them in studio?

Yep, it's just -- like most things on Bricklink -- somewhat unintuitive.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp?utm_content=subnav

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cloks posted:

I'm a real American, I use an app to pay someone else to open mine.

outjerked again

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Yep, it's just -- like most things on Bricklink -- somewhat unintuitive.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp?utm_content=subnav

Oh cool. What a weird way to do it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

veni veni veni posted:

I needed to see it actually on video next to a person but I think I'm sold on the landspeeder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYsaYv2zLw

I’ve seen so many people complain that it’s a boring vehicle for a UCS set but these are the same people who complain that everything isn’t Prequel Trilogy. I think it looks really good and think the colors look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’d agree that it’s a little boring for a UCS set but the build is good and it’s relatively cheap for a UCS so whatever