Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
That falling woman wire-work is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah exactly. If a director wants to shoot 3D, more power to them. Look at Hugo!

Hugo made me a 3D believer.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I didn't know about the Lord of the Rings car before, but I just looked it up and it is pretty funny. It's edited out of the final movie and only viewable in a promo clip or original screener for the movie, though. Briefcase man will probably be the same way.

The funniest goof that made it into the final movie for me is still the hilarious guy vigorously sweeping the air in place for about 5 seconds in the background of Quantum of Solace. He's directly in shot and not only he is he sweeping the same spot and sweeping with the broom a full 2 feet off the ground, but they are at a dock, so why is he even just randomly sweeping a dock in the first place?

This gif is shortened and the full clip of him doing it is about 4.5 seconds long. He's right in the shot and huge. I have no idea how that got in, why they needed an extra sweeping the dock at all, or why that guy thought it was a good height to do it at.

Honorable mentions go to:

- The guy in a flannel shirt and cowboy hat with a clipboard sitting in the background of the Black Pearl in Pirates of the Caribbean.

- Gladiator, when you can see the giant gas canister and pneumatic pistons going off under all of the chariots in the arena to tip them over.

- The extremely obvious camera covered in a jacket in the doorknob reflection scene in the Matrix:

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 29, 2022

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I bet he was sweeping normally and then the sound guy was like "can you NOT?"

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Everyone wishes they could sweep like twin peaks the return.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
American Dad is the best running show out there that isn't Always Sunny

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
As a dockworker I assure you need constant sweeping, freight sheds debris and dust like cats shed hair

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Gladiator, when you can see the giant gas canister and pneumatic pistons going off under all of the chariots in the arena to tip them over.

Raiders has a big one of those too when the explosive truck flips and I was surprised that when Spielberg cleaned up the movie and removed the reflections in the Well of Souls he didn't eliminate that piston as well. Not a big deal at all and I like the charm it adds, it's still a huge truck tipping over and blowing up, same as when Indy goes under the truck you can see the trench he's in but it's still a guy holding on to the bottom of a truck. Kind of like how Penn and Teller will show you how they do the trick but it's still really cool because even with "the secret" revealed it still doesn't detract from the enormous amount of skill it takes to execute.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

This gif is shortened and the full clip of him doing it is about 4.5 seconds long.

Ah, one of the longer shots in Quantum of Solace.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The MCU has definitely had some cases of pulling the rug under from what they were building up because of dumb marketing reasons or something, like with Howard Stark, but I gotta say it's still shockingly cohesive for as long-running and sprawling a franchise as it is. Yeah, most of the worldbuilding stuff is puddle-deep and doesn't make any sense on thought, but that's on brand for comics.

I'll agree with this and, yeah, I have to give them a lot of credit for the world building they puled off but it's beginning to collapse under its own weight to where we now need time travel and inter dimensional magic spells to have it make sense at all plus also "hey, remember this character from some other movie?!"

I began to lose interest somewhere around Dr. Strange and when the Netflix shows went off the rails but there's no doubt that you have to hand it to them for their success and even some of the diverse ways they went about it. I know that the MCU movies get poo poo for basically being templates but cobbling all these characters together is difficult, even for the comic book writers.

I also get a kick out of DC trying to play catch up and copy that formula when all of their best movies mostly ignore that big cross over team up poo poo.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

BiggerBoat posted:

I'll agree with this and, yeah, I have to give them a lot of credit for the world building they puled off but it's beginning to collapse under its own weight to where we now need time travel and inter dimensional magic spells to have it make sense at all

This is the most comics accurate thing possible, though.

The fact that they aren't actively releasing 8 different Captain America movies in 8 different continuities every 6 months is an act of incredible restraint compared to what they do in the comics.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

This is the most comics accurate thing possible, though.

The fact that they aren't actively releasing 8 different Captain America movies in 8 different continuities every 6 months is an act of incredible restraint compared to what they do in the comics.

The fact that Moon Knight completely ignores the MCU and is likely going to be ignored in turn is also pretty comics accurate.

Maybe in a decade he will show up in a Teen Avengers movie as the gruff mentor, but I will eat my hat if he shows up anywhere and matters for anything before then. But the show rules.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t need MK to interact with the rest of the MCU unless they want Spidey/DD/Blade to say whatsup to him, but goddamnit I want a second season of MK so bad.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

The fact that Moon Knight completely ignores the MCU and is likely going to be ignored in turn is also pretty comics accurate.

Maybe in a decade he will show up in a Teen Avengers movie as the gruff mentor, but I will eat my hat if he shows up anywhere and matters for anything before then. But the show rules.

It doesn't completely ignore it (in the latest episode Taweret comments on how beautiful the Ancestral Plane afterlife of Black Panther is) bit Moon Knight is very much focused on telling its own story.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t need MK to interact with the rest of the MCU unless they want Spidey/DD/Blade to say whatsup to him, but goddamnit I want a second season of MK so bad.

Yeah, guys like MK, DD and even Spiderman I think are always better when they kind of stay in their lanes. I never liked it in the comics when Daredevil went to space or Spiderman was fighting Galactus.

I could see MK crossing over with Blade or Dr. Strange. Maybe even Thor if it was handled right but I'm real big on separating stories based on power levels. Or heroes just running solo and forgetting all that poo poo

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, guys like MK, DD and even Spiderman I think are always better when they kind of stay in their lanes. I never liked it in the comics when Daredevil went to space or Spiderman was fighting Galactus.

I could see MK crossing over with Blade or Dr. Strange. Maybe even Thor if it was handled right but I'm real big on separating stories based on power levels. Or heroes just running solo and forgetting all that poo poo

But how about Shang-Chi just having a scene in every movie and show where he just randomly runs in and punch-kicks people?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

My favorite DD crossover moment was his appearances in Civil War as one of the core anti-registration guys...except Mark Millar didn't realize that Matt Murdock wasn't actually Daredevil at the time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pospysyl posted:

My favorite DD crossover moment was his appearances in Civil War as one of the core anti-registration guys...except Mark Millar didn't realize that Matt Murdock wasn't actually Daredevil at the time.

Eh, it was Danny Rand so he held the same views and it didn't really matter.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

pospysyl posted:

This is actually a funny bit, like the car in Lord of the Rings.

https://twitter.com/jc_leonard/status/1519987831330033664

Shuma Gorath!!! I want a Chaos Dimension!!!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gatts posted:

Shuma Gorath!!! I want a Chaos Dimension!!!

what if... you're already in the chaos dimension?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

It's not movie related but I posted it in a few other threads

https://screenrant.com/neal-adams-dies-80-batman-artist-dc-comics/

Neal Adams, Batman Artist and Comic Legend, Passes Away at 80

quote:

Alongside his frequent collaborator Dennis O'Neil, Adams altered the perception of the caped crusader from the lighthearted wacky adventurer back to a darker, moodier, and more violent vigilante. Adams' art amplified both the human and inhuman aspects of Batman, emphasizing every muscle and athletic movement while also making extensive use of the character's cape and cowl to project a sense of dramatic flair.

He was one of my heroes and artistic inspirations when I was young

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Grendels Dad posted:

It came up in the TV comics thread that Feige mentioned Isaacs and Mahershala Ali both expressing some interest in a Midnight Sons adaptation of some kind.

It sounds like Isaacs enjoys the character and working with Marvel, but doesn't want to stay Disney+ miniseries fodder.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 1, 2022

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

It's not movie related but I posted it in a few other threads

https://screenrant.com/neal-adams-dies-80-batman-artist-dc-comics/

Neal Adams, Batman Artist and Comic Legend, Passes Away at 80

He was one of my heroes and artistic inspirations when I was young

That really sucks. I got to meet him in person when he was the guest of honor at the MoCCA Festival in 2005, right after the release of Batman Begins. Really nice guy and very approachable after he spoke. More people should know about his work for creators' rights.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Codependent Poster posted:

Eh, it was Danny Rand so he held the same views and it didn't really matter.

I dont think that was known at the time. Who was behind the mask was a big mystery they were playing up at the time. One of the tie-ins was what gave it away because the artist knew who it was Danny and so drew his fighting technique to match Iron Fist's instead of Daredevil's.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

That really sucks. I got to meet him in person when he was the guest of honor at the MoCCA Festival in 2005, right after the release of Batman Begins. Really nice guy and very approachable after he spoke. More people should know about his work for creators' rights.

As a kid, I'd never seen any other artist make poo poo look so loving real.

He also did the poster art for the movie Grizzly, a JAWS rip off with a bear instead of a shark

https://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B1%2F9%2F8%2F7%2F3%2F19873404%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Several years later, Bill Sienkiewicz (who was a student and protege of Adams) started working a giant demonic bear into his New Mutants work, which I don't think was a coincidence

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 1, 2022

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think something that I really appreciate about the two burton costumes is that they are the closest to really getting the Neal Adams Batman silhouette.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

pospysyl posted:

It was more that Millar didn't want to make a big deal out of it so it wouldn't be so distracting to people who would be reading it years from now. It's called out by having a moment of Daredevil admiring a penny in his hand, but that's as far as he wanted to reference it.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I dont think that was known at the time. Who was behind the mask was a big mystery they were playing up at the time. One of the tie-ins was what gave it away because the artist knew who it was Danny and so drew his fighting technique to match Iron Fist's instead of Daredevil's.

Yeah, that was Cable/Deadpool. There was an issue where Iron Fist smashed Deadpool's face in with a jumping knee. During a Civil War tie-in a year or two later, Daredevil did the same move to Deadpool and Deadpool briefly thought about how familiar that felt. The actual Danny Rand reveal was a week later.

In other news, a HUGE Dr. Strange 2 reveal was just leaked, so be careful with that.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Massive Dr Strange cameos spoiler going around Twitter tonight:

John Krasinski as Reed Richards is confirmed. He is a member of the Illuminati alongside Patrick Stewart as Professor X and Hayley Atwell as Captain Carter. There's video of the scene but I didn't watch beyond Krasinski.

Basically do not go on Twitter if you don't want to be spoiled on MOM, most of the trending topics are spoilers lol

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 1, 2022

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Adrianics posted:

John Krasinski as Reed Richards is confirmed. He is a member of the Illuminati alongside Patrick Stewart as Professor X and Hayley Atwell as Captain Carter. There's video of the scene but I didn't watch beyond Krasinski.

Basically do not go on Twitter if you don't want to be spoiled on MOM, most of the trending topics are spoilers lol
The rumor I want confirmed is Tom Cruise as Iron-Man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The rumor I want confirmed is what’s the ratio of dutch snap zooms

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The whole movie plot has leaked so best to avoid most sites until you see it

smh even James Gunn leaking stuff

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1520809939194851328

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Adrianics posted:

To add to this Black Bolt is in the Illuminati, played by the dude from the Inhumans show nobody watched, but now he has a comic-accurate costume.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gavok posted:

To add to this Black Bolt is in the Illuminati, played by the dude from the Inhumans show nobody watched, but now he has a comic-accurate costume.

Why?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

So they can make this canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTfbMioezc

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yes but why?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

josh04 posted:

Yes but why?

Some intern crunched the numbers and figured out that putting the Black Bolt guy in MOM will drive a non-negligible number of people to watch at least some of the Inhumans TV show, and that will generate enough revenue to offset whatever that guy's rate is for a cameo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mat Cauthon posted:

Some intern crunched the numbers and figured out that putting the Black Bolt guy in MOM will drive a non-negligible number of people to watch at least some of the Inhumans TV show, and that will generate enough revenue to offset whatever that guy's rate is for a cameo.

I understand all that but why?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I understand all that but why?!

Because, if the rumors are correct, he dies a horrible violent death along with the rest of the Illuminati.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
Because it cost them nothing and their whole brand is appealing to people who like to do the Leo-pointing-at-tv.jpg irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I always knew Disney would submit to the Krasinski as Reed fancast. I championed it for a while, but I knew it was a lock once I learned the guy LOVES the CIA and the military. Lmao.