Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He was tenth in the league in targets last year so unless he just really doesn't like running backs I'm not sure he's going to be happy anywhere let alone a team with a legit number one receiver. On the other hand I don't know anything about the Cardinals other then Kyler is going to go play baseball and they think the season is 8 weeks long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Murray and Brown were insane as a college duo. Hopefully both can rebound this year and not completely collapse in the second half of the season.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Murray and Brown were insane as a college duo. Hopefully both can rebound this year and not completely collapse in the second half of the season.

Arizona doing a poor man's Burrow/Chase is gonna be an interesting story to follow I think

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/geglobo/status/1520135834325954565?t=X8b0CkV5H5pweHLooHksMg&s=19

This is extremely random (former Brazilian national team soccer player announcing a Dolphins pick in the Christ the Redeemer statue)

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 29, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Dolphins to draft Willis confirmed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think with the rising free agent costs most teams are going to be letting some names go in trades and free agency we wouldn't have seen ten years ago. Some teams just have friendly schemes for their defensive lines, or receivers or secondaries and don't need to pay those huge sums.

Time was a team was always going to hang a huge portion of their cap on QB, LT, WR, CB almost in that order, almost at every team around the league. There'd be someone like Adrian Peterson or Ed Reed who'd break the market at their position because in their prime they were god tier but the same way Denver under shanahan could put any rear end in a top hat in a uniform and have him gallop for 1400 yards a season at running back there's just positions coming out of college now into familiar pro schemes where they're almost plug and play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

He was tenth in the league in targets last year so unless he just really doesn't like running backs I'm not sure he's going to be happy anywhere let alone a team with a legit number one receiver. On the other hand I don't know anything about the Cardinals other then Kyler is going to go play baseball and they think the season is 8 weeks long

He got plenty of targets but a lot of them were poorly set up screens (which he sucks at running) and late in the game when the Ravens were losing instead of targeting him deep early and often. I don't think Hollywood's issue is targets so much as the the likelihood of putting up massive yard and TD numbers to justify a big second contract while playing in Baltimore. Running the ball shortens games and Lamar has never been a high avg yards per game passer.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1520183393106890752

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

insurance company only servicing military, commercial: "are we exclusive? yes. that's why you should join."

compared to the regular season, they're making it explicit now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

insurance company only servicing military, commercial: "are we exclusive? yes. that's why you should join."

compared to the regular season, they're making it explicit now.

My favorite one (I think it was USAA, it might have been Navy Federal) where a woman talked about how her husband is in the military and smugly said when she calls USAA "They always say 'thank you for your service', which is nice because as a spouse I serve too."

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yessssssssssssss

DO IT

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Just do it! I'd eat half the salary for a 7th at this point!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Cthulu Carl posted:

My favorite one (I think it was USAA, it might have been Navy Federal) where a woman talked about how her husband is in the military and smugly said when she calls USAA "They always say 'thank you for your service', which is nice because as a spouse I serve too."

I know .mils and they say they all 'serve' even the desk jockeys, if you haven't been in a war zone i don't respect you though, real talk! My boys have all merked a few tango's.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 30, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

USAA used to have legendary customer service, but their new CEO (2020) is the worst kind of technocratic dipshit:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/micahs...sh=74d47cce2651

and their rates have gotten sky-high for everything. They've increasingly been called out for the usual kind of lovely things all insurance companies do, except in this case it was exxtra lovely:

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine-corps-camp-pendleton-military-housing/

I've left them for car insurance, and am on the verge of ditching them for homeowners. They've never given a competitive car loan quote any time I tried. They sold off their investment arm for a quick buck, stranding my IRA with a company I didn't choose.

gently caress USAA.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
USAA sucks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1520225957340225536?t=cvzjWA5rdTAPlrsnxFIcgQ&s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Brady can’t ever quit so we continue to get increasingly more absurd factoids.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Does this include the calculations minus the 41 days of retirement?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Does this include the calculations minus the 41 days of retirement?

Never got put on the retirement list because he came back before the new league year. So his career was never actually interrupted.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
When I joined Navy Federal I got a credit card and they needed me to come back to sign some document they forgot to give me. I said “oh, ok” and for my trouble they put $20 in my account for gas. I was quite the departure from B of A, who actively hates their customers.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Navy Federal is a fantastic credit union that regularly beats every other one for loan quotes.

However, do not, ever,

ever ever ever

EVER

be late on a payment.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Always look forward to these tweets annually. Always funny.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Never got put on the retirement list because he came back before the new league year. So his career was never actually interrupted.

I don’t think he ever actually filed the retirement paperwork either

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Next year will be the stat that when Brady was drafted his new teammate had yet to even be conceived.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

GD_American posted:

Navy Federal is a fantastic credit union that regularly beats every other one for loan quotes.

However, do not, ever,

ever ever ever

EVER

be late on a payment.

My mom, and then I worked for DFAS, she got me an account there and put 5 bux in b/c we thought I was going to need a loan for a car, but my dad got me one. Good people!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Always happy to be able to put a smile on someone's face.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1520425532046942211?s=21&t=Rp2W3XGcQfmmPbeimaAr8g

Watson getting suspended for two full years would be great. Do it Goodell.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If the MLB union aint fighting that the NFLPA wouldn't fight that for Watson. Do it Rodger. The crowd will finally cheer for you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If the MLB union aint fighting that the NFLPA wouldn't fight that for Watson. Do it Rodger. The crowd will finally cheer for you.

Wait until they trade mayfield or he gets 6 games accrued on the bench.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

:hmmyes:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Suspend him for the two seasons like MLB but don’t give the Browns cap relief with it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

For what it's worth Bauer is appealing and the MLBPA will probably be backing him up in the appeal since it's what they're supposed to do? At least I'd think, unless I missed something where they said they wouldn't.

I guess they've been agreeing with the MLB every week or two to keep him suspended for damned near a year up until now, but he was still getting paid while that happened. Now he's got two years unpaid suspension and the games he's missed don't count towards that. It's very dumb that the union might do this, he's very dumb and evil and I hope he never plays again and all of that, but I think they're going to be on his side with the appeal until proven otherwise.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'll admit I expected to see a bigger uproar from the union on Bauers suspension. I don't follow baseball though so I may have missed it. For context I mean full on strike threats considering the length

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I mean, it's probably the worst-case situation to be in when it comes to supporting a player: you need to provide full support since you're the MLBPA, but at the same time, the guy has been accused of essentially knocking women unconscious and then raping them in some form. So you support him and get damned, or you don't support him, and he probably sues you too plus it then (rightfully and correctly) looks like an area where the union won't support players.

Edit: And it isn't like they'll receive universal public support for not supporting him either, because there are plenty of shitbags who will say "She consented!" because they're too dumb or evil to take the time to recognize why it was wrong and Bauer is at fault.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 30, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just for future reference for Panthers and Jets fans possibly hating their own teams (there's no reason to hate these draft picks as far as I know and I really like Breece Hall, but something to watch):

https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1520443289714843651

Also the Jets took Darnold 3rd overall 4 years ago which I'm sure no one interested has forgotten to complete the story.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It would've been hilarious to have Baker and Darnold on the same team after going 1/3 in the QB class that had Allen and Lamar.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1520464073678200832?s=21&t=Rp2W3XGcQfmmPbeimaAr8g

Oh gently caress yeah Troys coming home

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1520425532046942211?s=21&t=Rp2W3XGcQfmmPbeimaAr8g

Watson getting suspended for two full years would be great. Do it Goodell.

This guy had 3 women come out and say he sexually assaulted him and MLB did this.

Watson had 22 women come out and the NFL just shrugged

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Is this just to clear money for Deshawn or what? Browns secondary isn't exactly set without him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

This guy had 3 women come out and say he sexually assaulted him and MLB did this.

Watson had 22 women come out and the NFL just shrugged

Baseball can't take the chance of alienating any more fans then it already has.