Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tad Naff posted:

Behold! So far have only injured my hand assembling it. Eye removal will have to wait.

You’ll shoot your eye out!

That’s pretty sweet how much was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That looks more cool than I was expecting

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wear safety glasses.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

At least the scope will somewhat protect your eye. Or glass/plastic shards will rocket into it.

But yeah:

goatface posted:

Wear safety glasses.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I got another USB adapter: an USB-C to Micro-USB adapter. This is so that I can use the same wires coming from my power bank to charge both USB-C and Micro-USB devices.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DRINK ME posted:

I had no idea about this being ‘the perfect communication tool with children’ and it was a dumb buy but if it doesn’t completely fix my feelings about my childhood maybe I can gift it to the nieces and nephews.

I love how the botched photoshop job here makes it look like you bought one with magic floating sand.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I got another USB adapter: an USB-C to Micro-USB adapter. This is so that I can use the same wires coming from my power bank to charge both USB-C and Micro-USB devices.

I use something like these on all my devices to have One Charger To Rule Them All*. Important to note they do power only, not data, but I find I don't really do much data over cables these days anyways.

*Except my 3DS and PS Move controllers, which are proprietary Nintendo and Mini-USB, respectively.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, all my portable stuff has that magnetic power nipple. Some micro, some c, all charged off the same cable. You can get the cable with a mix of nipple types.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yeah, all my portable stuff has that magnetic power nipple. Some micro, some c, all charged off the same cable. You can get the cable with a mix of nipple types.

AliExpress: a mix of nipple types

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I've been searching for a physically small CD player for a long time and finally decided on one of these, and also finally bit the bullet and got myself a batman GMT on a jubilee bracelet. Both of these are in transit but taking their sweet time, which makes sense since they're the two things I'm most excited about.

Some other stuff has arrived over the last several months since I've discovered Ali:

My girlfriend likes pandas (because who doesn't?!). Newest Panda Shiba Inu Funny Creative PVC Book Markers 3D Bookmarks Cartoon Animal Bookmark eal Octopus School Supplies and New Cute Cartoon Panda Butt Metal Enamel Pin Denim Shirt Collar Lapel Pins Badges Brooches for Friends Kids Gift Animal Jewelry are pretty great.

Nice headphone cable for my HIFIMAN headphones: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003276931051.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.54db1802lcexJY

These sunglasses are great, and I'm pretty sure they are actually polarized: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002925325984.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.54db1802lcexJY

And a great gift for a dear friend: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003182459175.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.54db1802lcexJY

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Do the mag nipples support negotiating PD for fast charging?

e: oh those linked nipples have data and power so probably

taqueso fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 30, 2022

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Ok this thing is just straight up fun. Props to the thread for bringing it to my attention

Has no trouble at all with 3-4" cordwood which is the biggest I'd be cutting with it.

Only advice beyond wear safety squints is to add some blue loctite to the thread on the tensioner as it has a tendency to work loose otherwise, you can see in the pic the chain is already slack after five or six cuts.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

StarkingBarfish posted:

Ok this thing is just straight up fun. Props to the thread for bringing it to my attention

Has no trouble at all with 3-4" cordwood which is the biggest I'd be cutting with it.

Only advice beyond wear safety squints is to add some blue loctite to the thread on the tensioner as it has a tendency to work loose otherwise, you can see in the pic the chain is already slack after five or six cuts.
Oh look at this fancy ones, with safety features to stop you from cutting your fingat off

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i'm curious about the longevity of those fingat removers, my electric chainsaw dulled its chain pretty quickly when the oiler got clogged

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Do you mini chainsaw havers all have a backyard? I live in an apartment and I can't think of any way to use it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You don't need a yard to cut your penis off :confused:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Depends how long your peen is:hehe:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I had this ritual where during bed time, I'd chill out by just browsing a bit of Ali Express for dumb gadgets. They're hit really hard by COVID again, aren't they? There's hardly anything that doesn't take months to deliver.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh look at this fancy ones, with safety features to stop you from cutting your fingat off

I mean, it's still a bare chain and the safety in this case is a plastic knuckle guard that is entirely superficial. The spring loaded guard is already getting chewed by the chain but at least it keeps the chips from spraying up at you I guess

r u ready to WALK posted:

i'm curious about the longevity of those fingat removers, my electric chainsaw dulled its chain pretty quickly when the oiler got clogged

Oh this won't last long. There's no oiler so I'm lubing it up after each use and will probably top it off before the next use. This one came with two chains and ali is full of spares for $3 a pop though.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do you mini chainsaw havers all have a backyard? I live in an apartment and I can't think of any way to use it.

No, I live in an apartment too. I just steal wood outside to cut up.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

stephenthinkpad posted:

Slicing bread/cakes/delicious hocks of ham?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

I had this ritual where during bed time, I'd chill out by just browsing a bit of Ali Express for dumb gadgets. They're hit really hard by COVID again, aren't they? There's hardly anything that doesn't take months to deliver.

One of my misc chinese suppliers says they think they will be able to start shipping again may fifth.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got my Yeezy Boosts and they are comfortable. Unlike a few of the other fake shoes I've picked up, these ones feel like real shoes and the fake foot locker receipt was from a store right by my house lol.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

StarkingBarfish posted:

Slicing bread/cakes/delicious hocks of ham?

Every Thanksgiving dinner when you have a mini chainsaw:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Fuel shortage is starting to get serious. I assume, as there were lots of adverts for Car Fuel Tank Sucker:

Do you have NO tablet screen?

I assume as that fake screen decal is only on that one picture of
Smart Sensor Trash Can Home Intelligent Waste Bin Rubbish Can Dustbin Kitchen USB Charging Touch Sensor Garbage Bucket

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

that seller has a whole range of bathroom accessories with a touchscreen photoshopped onto them in the main image. it's such blatant bullshittery I can't help but laugh.

I wonder if you could get your toilet paper holder or w/e for free by raising a not as described dispute

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

ohnobugs posted:

Refreshing

Some older kids once tricked me with one of those on my seventh birthday, and I'm still slightly bitter about it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Space Robot posted:

Some older kids once tricked me with one of those on my seventh birthday, and I'm still slightly bitter about it.

My friend had one that had a insane spring in it or something because it hit me square on my thumb nail with a loud crack and split my thumbnail. gently caress those things.

Kitchen chopper for your meat/victims

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003593789532.html

Mini bag sealer:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002847921314.html

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 1, 2022

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Jesus Christ how many music tracks did they overlay in that video? It's just discordant noise masquerading as music.

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
I got a similar one years ago.
All it is is a plastic shell around batteries connected to a bit of wire - the wire is a resistor so it heats up and melts plastic. It's a short, thin piece of wire though, not like the white little pad makes it look like it's a broad band - so if you don't put exactly the right amount of pressure and move it across at the right speed it either doesn't get hot enough to seal, or it cuts/melts as you drag it across.
Still, I just used it to foil pack gardening seeds from reused biscuit/chip packets, so it wasn't the end of the world if I had to do it a few times.

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
What were peoples favourite retro game sticks that you can just stick straight into a tv? I've seen a few that promise a lot which makes me a little dubious so I'm a little unsure of what's actually any good.

Also I'm eagerly awaiting my new t-shirt that finally represents my political inclinations:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003205269539.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.43c11802rVedml

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

milktwice posted:

What were peoples favourite retro game sticks that you can just stick straight into a tv? I've seen a few that promise a lot which makes me a little dubious so I'm a little unsure of what's actually any good.

Also I'm eagerly awaiting my new t-shirt that finally represents my political inclinations:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003205269539.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.43c11802rVedml

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...353545008%7Crec

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm trying to piece together a full carbon bike from only AliExpress bits.

It's a fun exercise in anxiety.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Here's hoping this fits, cause I just got one on the way.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

milktwice posted:

my new t-shirt that finally represents my political inclinations

oh hey, i just received one such shirt:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm trying to piece together a full carbon bike from only AliExpress bits.

It's a fun exercise in anxiety.

Just for fun, or are you actually planning on building one?

I keep looking at the csc carbon mtb wheels in my cart, but I’ve been too scared to actually buy them yet.

I also have a spcycle carbon gravel frame in my cart, but I know I’m not gonna buy that, don’t know why I haven’t deleted it yet.

e: added links

e2: VVV you first, post a build thread ;)

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 4, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Poly(math) and looking for 1/3.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Wifi Toilet posted:

Just for fun, or are you actually planning on building one?

I keep looking at the csc carbon mtb wheels in my cart, but I’ve been too scared to actually buy them yet.

I also have a spcycle carbon gravel frame in my cart, but I know I’m not gonna buy that, don’t know why I haven’t deleted it yet.

Wanna take the leap together?

I'm eyeballing a 2x12 carbon groupset...

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012

That is beautiful. It'll be next in my list to buy after this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...925974908%7Crec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think we all need this pin.