Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I cannot provide any hot takes for fear of angering the old gods.

Hockey superstition is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I would love to see the Leafs/Bruins again, because apparently I love pain.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

I'd rather Boston than Tampa personally

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Zodijackylite posted:

I'll make some more popcorn after their first round loss in 4 games to the Rangers.

Igor gonna allow 1 goal over 4 games.

That's how the Pens season will end.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Kapanen is an RFA and they can and should either trade his rights or just let him walk.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Dustin Brown retirement press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mai9N1TS9o

Kind of weird that they are having a press conference but then he is playing in playoffs.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Kapanen is an RFA and they can and should either trade his rights or just let him walk.

Rutherford will trade for him

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ugh, not sure what'll happen for the Wild tonight. They pick up at least a point against the Avs and they'll lock in the #2 seed. If they lose they'll need the Blue to not win - who will play harder in that game, Blues for the #2 or VGK to gently caress the Blues over?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

SirPablo posted:

Ugh, not sure what'll happen for the Wild tonight. They pick up at least a point against the Avs and they'll lock in the #2 seed. If they lose they'll need the Blue to not win - who will play harder in that game, Blues for the #2 or VGK to gently caress the Blues over?

Vegas is resting their good players for the playoffs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Strange energy from this Sens dude who is mad that we sat half our team and only beat them 4-0

https://twitter.com/RoddieGilbert/status/1519811329070088193

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
First time being able to post in here for like half a decade wassssup.

The Kings have the personnel capable of exposing a hypothetical paper tiger but unless Dustin Brown pests Draisaitl and McDavid to the point of insanity I would think Oilers are the easy faves, especially without Doughty.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

ThinkTank posted:

Cup winning acceptability ranking. This is a final and definitive list.

1. Florida Panthers - they're fine and seem fun.
2. Washington Capitals - not #1 because of Ovi's Putin love but still mostly fine
3. Tampa Bay Lightning - unfortunately would spark the 'dynasty' debate
4. Pittsburgh Penguins - eh, who cares at this point?
5. Toronto Maple Leafs - definitely the least bad of the Canadian playoff teams to end the Canada cup drought
6. Nashville Predators - they exist that's fine
7. Carolina Hurricanes - not great but not bad. Kinda annoying. Employ DeAngelo.
8. Dallas Stars - they won't win but whatever. It would mean Benn and Seguin winning though.
9. Colorado Avalanche - Kadri will be fun but their ardent anti-pasta stance loses them a lot of points.
10. New York Rangers - seem fun but are actually the bad guys. Kreider in the playoffs is always a hoot.
11. St. Louis Blues - would be a lot higher if not for the idea that Binnington would have multiple cups.
12. Los Angeles Kings - Brown, Doughty and Quick with three rings each. Barf.
13. Boston Bruins - Boston.
14. Minnesota Wild - no no no not them
15. Calgary Flames - it would make a good friend of mine happy, otherwise terrible

That is the end of the list because it is not acceptable under any circumstances for the Edmonton Oilers to win the Stanley Cup.

I want to put in the LA Kings twice, this second time at around 6-7 because you forgot Kopitar and Kopi getting a third ring would rule.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1520140493706956801

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Apparently Boston is sitting literally anyone good on their roster, odds of Leafs/Bruins is fading hard

e: beaten :mad:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
No Panarin no Ovie tonight.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Draisatl gonna pot 6 tonight

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Draisatl gonna pot 6 tonight

That would be doubly impressive as he'd be shooting from the press box.

https://twitter.com/Bob_Stauffer/status/1520095005351628800?t=AhpNoTIxqVuKnTpgId8qIg&s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ah, well I guess Matthews is safe then
also all these games are going to be terrible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If yall really wanna see some dire poo poo, Flyers/Sens is at 7PM eastern

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

DJExile posted:

:yeshaha:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Having a completely meaningless game tonight gives me a serene feeling.

It's a feeling I'm not going to have until the first pre-season game.

I shall cherish it, as I'm fully expecting my watch to give me multiple 'you aren't moving much but your heart is about to explode' warnings over the next few weeks.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DJExile posted:

Some twisted sick poo poo to suggest this.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Looks like it's going to be Rangers Pens?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

RIP RAS, you guys had a good year but the Pens are gonna beat better teams than yours on their way to the Cup.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
News:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jessi_pierce/status/1520190649433309184
Views:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1520194374155526147
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1520195266007252993
https://mobile.twitter.com/cjzero/status/1520196717127389190
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1520196377615208450

Absolute coward, clown poo poo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Send that message boys

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

Absolute coward, clown poo poo.

At least Kulikov is back taking shifts, but Foligno won’t be. I doubt Colorado will miss McDermid, but that was a very bad hit and took only the knee and I won’t be surprised unless he doesn’t get games off.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it rocks so much that 30 of the NHL's teams are playing tonight and almost none of them are playing their actual NHL roster

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I understand resting the heavy-hitters (offensively speaking) when we've clinched the conference, but what the gently caress is the point of attempting to injure players against a team you aren't playing until the 2nd round, assuming either team makes it? I mean, if you were gonna go out and do that poo poo, shoulda done it last night and tried to slewfoot Roman Josi or something.

I'm not endorsing it, just saying it's dumb now and just makes other teams angry

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aces High posted:

I understand resting the heavy-hitters (offensively speaking) when we've clinched the conference, but what the gently caress is the point of attempting to injure players against a team you aren't playing until the 2nd round, assuming either team makes it? I mean, if you were gonna go out and do that poo poo, shoulda done it last night and tried to slewfoot Roman Josi or something.

I'm not endorsing it, just saying it's dumb now and just makes other teams angry

I think part of it is is all the shitheads are trying to use their 5 minutes to shine so coach remembers how big and tough they are come playoff time

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think part of it is is all the shitheads are trying to use their 5 minutes to shine so coach remembers how big and tough they are come playoff time

Trying to earn that Tom Wilson shithead roster spot

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
MacDermid is a piece of poo poo. That should’ve been a game misconduct. gently caress Colorado.

Edit: it was.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 30, 2022

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/amanduhroseg/status/1520196769681915905?s=21&t=zYIO8sX86U1RncMDd4h7rw

Ovie rules

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I can't tell you how much I wanna see a Battle of Alberta in round 2.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
still lol'ing at Samsonov getting deked out of his jock by Dryden Hunt

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Fancy that, Wild won and Blues lost.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Albino Squirrel posted:

I can't tell you how much I wanna see a Battle of Alberta in round 2.

It would be so great

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aces High posted:

I mean, it’s not like MacDermid is clean any other game.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think I have the OP updated with the confirmed matchups. Let me know if I hosed anything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Any point doing team write ups before it all kicks off? I’ll happily do a panthers one if so.