Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It's not nothing but 560 vs 680 is pretty low to be able to jump and grab an absolute athletic freak like that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
People are gonna be so mad lmao

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Lol if the Vikings just gave Green Bay a Superbowl

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I do not get this for the Vikings but am entertained.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

Lol if the Vikings just gave Green Bay a Superbowl

:pray:

Vikings strategy of trading within the division is a bit :lol:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
53 and 59 allowing GB to move up, lmao Vikings

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

If the Vikings trade down their next pick their fan base is going to organize and insurrection.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
A CB

well, uh, I guess...?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vikings went from #12 #46 to #32 #53 #59 #66

KAM must really like this draft's Day 2 group to pass on Hamilton.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bears drafted a ballerina?

Okay.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jen X posted:

Why exactly did the Vikings just do that

Kwesi is playing chess while the other GMs are playing football

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The packers trading up for a WR, what a day

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Jen X posted:

A CB

well, uh, I guess...?

Given how bad their cornerbacks are, I sort of get it.

But they are bad just about everywhere, and I think we're all worried for Justin Fields :smith: I'd be fine with them giving up 40 points a game so long as Fields doesn't die.I'm hoping next couple picks are for an offensive lineman or wideout.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Vikings gonna keep trading down until they turn a first round pick into the entire seventh round of the draft.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1520188744367697921

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the Viking need to trade with the bears or all this was pointless

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ummagumma posted:

Given how bad their cornerbacks are, I sort of get it.

But they are bad just about everywhere, and I think we're all worried for Justin Fields :smith: I'd be fine with them giving up 40 points a game so long as Fields doesn't die.I'm hoping next couple picks are for an offensive lineman or wideout.

Yeah I don't expect any victories this season, I just don't want fields murdered

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
The Vikings gave Green Bay their early second round spot for not much considering they gave Green Bay the chance to get a player they really need. They then turned that into trading back up only 8 spots later. Why even bother trading? Seems like shuffling for no reason or a desperation trade up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lions building up the D-line.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Yeah I don't get that, we need other defense. However Holmes has earned my patience

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ghosthorse posted:

The Vikings gave Green Bay their early second round spot for not much considering they gave Green Bay the chance to get a player they really need. They then turned that into trading back up only 8 spots later. Why even bother trading? Seems like shuffling for no reason or a desperation trade up.

The end result was they gave up 34, 77, and 192 to get 42, 59 and 122. They presumably got the player they wanted at 42 and moved up from the middle of the 3rd to the end of the second, in addition to moving up from the 6th to the 4th.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jen X posted:

Yeah I don't expect any victories this season, I just don't want fields murdered

Yea I get our usually good defense has fallen apart due to contracts ending and no draft picks but I would rather have literally any offensive help for Fields as our tentpole player than a decent defense that we still can’t win with because our only decent QB prospect in 40 years died

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The end result was they gave up 34, 77, and 192 to get 42, 59 and 122. They presumably got the player they wanted at 42 and moved up from the middle of the 3rd to the end of the second, in addition to moving up from the 6th to the 4th.

Yeah honestly I'm not actually that mad about it outside of giving the Packers a good WR

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Guy A. Person posted:

Yea I get our usually good defense has fallen apart due to contracts ending and no draft picks but I would rather have literally any offensive help for Fields as our tentpole player than a decent defense that we still can’t win with because our only decent QB prospect in 40 years died

Good news, they used their other second rounder on a safety.

Good luck, Justin!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I mean, I get being position agnostic because Fields didn't prove anything last season and this team sucks all over the place. But DB-DB is definitely the funniest way the Bears could have opened the draft

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Always pick your BPA imo

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Bears go all defense on day 2? I know there are holes everywhere. Im not mad, just surprised. Hopefully there are some bargain bin OLs we can shine up and make do.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I just don't think they see Fields as the future QB. Not a knock on anyone, but they are not interested in developing him.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dexo posted:

Always pick your BPA imo

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Dexo posted:

Always pick your BPA imo

I generally agree - and the Bears suck so bad almost any BPA pick covers a need somewhere - but Fields seem like a nice young man and I'm legitimately worried for his physical well-being behind the offensive line.

Niwrad posted:

I just don't think they see Fields as the future QB. Not a knock on anyone, but they are not interested in developing him.

That's also possible. He wasn't Poles pick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Take BPA there are literally a number of solid WRs and OL available right now.

This is a deep OL and WR draft

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

v. happy with booth.

If he can stay healthy hes gonna be real good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fields will be fine in an offensive system that isn't specifically designed to get him killed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm completely doomered on the bears, they finally picked a cool quarterback and completely destroyed him, i have no hope that they will ever have a functional quarterback or offense, i don't even care what they do anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

My vibes on the draft are it's loving stupid as poo poo to get worked up about it. We don't know poo poo about these players and their future.

If they are bad picks, or they can't put together an offense or defense the GM/coach gets fired. It's as simple as that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Love this dude already. 3-time Captain at Kentucky; cancer survivor, first team All SEC last season, can play DE or DT, great sense of humor. He and Hutch are gonna be rad as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/DraftVogel/status/1463416861186531333

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Justin fields survived his first start. 9 sacks to the browns? He also sucked up the cheapshot no call hits against the steelers. I think he's physically resilient. Just gotta give a playbook that gels with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

10/10 pick