Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
3pm CST today is the next court hearing in the bankruptcy court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mr. Nice! posted:

3pm CST today is the next court hearing in the bankruptcy court.

Is it going to be on Youtube again? Last one was unlisted, I think

Edit: I'm thinking of the other contempt hearing, nevermind

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Devor posted:

Is it going to be on Youtube again? Last one was unlisted, I think

Edit: I'm thinking of the other contempt hearing, nevermind

This is in a bankruptcy court in the SD of Texas. The phone number is public, as federal courts are public. I would highly advise against jackassery, and if you do look it up and dial in, do not record or rebroadcast it. You don't want a federal judge mad at you.

They may end up hearing the motions to dismiss today. They might just set a schedule for them. I dunno if today's hearing will be anything more than boring procedural stuff or if we're going to hear actual arguments.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is in a bankruptcy court in the SD of Texas. The phone number is public, as federal courts are public. I would highly advise against jackassery, and if you do look it up and dial in, do not record or rebroadcast it. You don't want a federal judge mad at you.

They may end up hearing the motions to dismiss today. They might just set a schedule for them. I dunno if today's hearing will be anything more than boring procedural stuff or if we're going to hear actual arguments.

Interesting, I figured there was some sort of secret lawyer handshake needed. So it's just the "Telephonic Participation" number, with conference code, on Judge Lopez's page?

I love procedural stuff.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I tried to tune into the first bankruptcy court hearing, but was a bit bamboozled by the setup. While you can watch a video of it from a web browser, it will only be video; the audio portion must happen over a phone line instead. I had to skip out on that because it would've been a long-distance phone call from my position.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Morroque posted:

I tried to tune into the first bankruptcy court hearing, but was a bit bamboozled by the setup. While you can watch a video of it from a web browser, it will only be video; the audio portion must happen over a phone line instead. I had to skip out on that because it would've been a long-distance phone call from my position.

Are you overseas? I don't know any cell carrier that has long-distance charges these days

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I am outside of the United States, yes.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is there a risk of your name showing up on the record if you dial in?

I regularly join industry conference calls for work, including with the FRA, so I'm not worried about my conduct, but I don't need AJ calling me out on air.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Courts don't typically take attendance of members of the public just sitting in the courtroom observing, do they? You can probably put a pseudonym in your GoToMeeting client, just make sure it's not something likely to attract the notice and ire of the judge, like "BUTTFUCKER 5000"

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

I'm dialed in. Your screen name appears on a large screen with all other participants like on Zoom inside the courtroom.

There is video of the podium and witness stand currently. Elizabeth Williamson with the NYT is on the call according to the list.

Some other Attendees:
Andrew Nielson
Antonio
William Oursler
Russel Nelms
Chuck Lindell
Schwartz Associates
David Curry
Matthew Alexander
Matthew Orkin
Akikio Matsuda
Richard Schmidt
Catherina Curtis
Blaise Scemama / Debtwire
Max Beatty
Marty Brimmage Akin Gump
Gorham Diarmunid UTSP
Alinor Sterling
Karen Leung
Dan Jackson CNS
Rob Ryser Hearst Connecticut...
Jayson Ruff

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 29, 2022

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

If I'm hearing this correctly, Infowars wants to go through bankruptcy quickly.

Plaintiffs seem to be asking the judge to determine if they should even be in this court.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 29, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This sounds like they're going just discuss scheduling today. Probably nothing big happening.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Ugh, Jones' lawyer bringing up Musk Twitter acquisition and talking about deplatforming. This will be his financial deplatforming.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

If we don't get to structure the bankruptcy the way we want then Infowars will be off the air! Deplatforming! Elon Musk! :lol:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Does anyone know who Richard Schmidt is? He is alternating between holding his face and laying back in his chair nearly vertically.

Someone named Doom Room joined on video dressed in a medieval like costume. Looks like a streamer. Wiz World Live in the background?

E:2 now he's showing pictures of Jones before and After pill ads. Doesn't seem like a bright thing to do.

E3: person was admonished and removed

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 29, 2022

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Also someone purporting to be Kelly Jones typing paragraphs in the chat and being told to stop by the case manager

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving idiots being idiots in a federal courtroom smdh.....

e: also today's hearing boiled down to "see y'all in four weeks."

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 29, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/1520112981698301953

:stonk:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Congrats to the plaintiffs on their additional $1M recovery

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Who are these two mystery financiers/whales? 🧐

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Pretty sure it's just Alex Jones's own money through whatever laundering poo poo he's been doing.

Of course, like an idiot, he thinks Bitcoin is untrackable. It's not untrackable, you just have to put a little more effort into it. The people who are suing him because he ruined their lives with his lies are more than willing to put in the effort.

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 30, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ashpanash posted:

Pretty sure it's just Alex Jones's own money through whatever laundering poo poo he's been doing.

Of course, like an idiot, he thinks Bitcoin is untrackable. It's not untrackable, you just have to put a little more effort into it. The people who are suing him because he ruined their lives with his lies are more than willing to put in the effort.

Yep but just to be clear I am referring to this:

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/1520114510291509248

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shoulda done it in maxcoin, Alex

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yeah Alex Jones, and the entire conspiratorial right wing apparatus, is actually driven and empowered by a shadowy cabal of shadowy rich elites, crime, and hostile state actors. The conspiracy they peddle is their story and it's never not gonna be a crushing irony that my brain just can't actually engage with.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex having paymasters has been suspected for a while. Alex's paymasters paying him in crypto, which he's largely stopped talking about, is honestly something I can see.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grondoth posted:

Yeah Alex Jones, and the entire conspiratorial right wing apparatus, is actually driven and empowered by a shadowy cabal of shadowy rich elites, crime, and hostile state actors. The conspiracy they peddle is their story and it's never not gonna be a crushing irony that my brain just can't actually engage with.

There's a line in The Dream, a podcast about pyramid schemes that goes like "The Illuminati is real and it exists to sell you overpriced consumer goods"

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

DarklyDreaming posted:

There's a line in The Dream, a podcast about pyramid schemes that goes like "The Illuminati is real and it exists to sell you overpriced consumer goods"

I think the darker conspiracy is probably the one that brings us underpriced consumer goods.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Cat Puke posted:

I think the darker conspiracy is probably the one that brings us underpriced consumer goods.

Yeah but that one operates out in the open and with the support of a majority that learned to compartmentalize morality on a national level centuries ago.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dan editing John Cena'a theme into a clip after Wayne Paul says "Because the time is now" might be the funniest thing

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Hey I just listened to the episode where Jordan took the wheel. Really liked it! Just the altered dynamic between the two during the role reversal was nice also.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Lord Stimperor posted:

Hey I just listened to the episode where Jordan took the wheel. Really liked it! Just the altered dynamic between the two during the role reversal was nice also.

There are 6 or 7 more in the archive. Jordan is very passionate climate change.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
JorDan are on this week's episode of Cognitive Dissonance, who now upload video feeds of their weekly podcast to their Youtube channel if you prefer video to audio

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaMrQ5FJRc

Here's another corporate representative deposition. I don't think they've covered it on the show. Haven't watched it uet, but from what I'm hearing she doesnt do great

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 2, 2022

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
The newest episode is a banger. Alex is insane.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Your Gay Uncle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaMrQ5FJRc

Here's another corporate representative deposition. I don't think they've covered it on the show. Haven't watched it uet, but from what I'm hearing she doesnt do great

couldn't do it. made it 30 minutes. god it's interminable.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Dan is far more powerful than I am.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
What gets me is that this version of trying to inspire stochastic violence from his audience was when Alex was in a good mood.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah that whole "I'm not saying I want my audience to start murdering people buutttttttt......." was hosed up even by his standards.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, it was a hard listen for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
"Well King George III wasn't perfect but I wouldn't have risked my life toppling his rule" Is a hell of a thing for a Right-Wing media commentator to say :staredog: