Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Gonz posted:

Love this dude already. 3-time Captain at Kentucky; cancer survivor, first team All SEC last season, can play DE or DT, great sense of humor. He and Hutch are gonna be rad as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/DraftVogel/status/1463416861186531333

This is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Fields will be fine in an offensive system that isn't specifically designed to get him killed.

They have one of the worst lines and wide receivers in the league. He isn't their guy. They'll draft a guy next year in the top 5.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I doubt they don't think Fields can be good.

He has to show it as he should.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lots to like about Watson but he had almost twice the drop rate of Ebron.

Rodgers will lose his mind if that carriers into his pro career.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Danny LaFever posted:

Great pick

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

I doubt they don't think Fields can be good.

He has to show it as he should.

there is no quarterback on the face of the earth that can look even ok with a bunch of literal XFL guys on offense

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Danny LaFever posted:

Wow, he really is another MVS.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I like who the Packers got but I do think they blundered by not just picking Watson at 28. Then they could have still gotten four guys in the first two rounds instead of the three.

Is Walker, Wyatt, Watson better than say Walker, Watson, McBride and Travis Jones? Or picking one of the numerous inside linebackers later on instead of Walker and pick Wyatt with the first rounder. Oh well at least I finally get to see a loving huge athletic linebacker and not the same terrible DEs this year.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I wanted a big WR and a wrecker of a DE/DT out of the first two rounds, and got it. Were we efficient at it? No, but could have been far worse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
People(me I'm people) poo poo on the Packers, but they loving do it right, draft bpa. If someone falls far who you think is far better than the slot move up.

Trust your own system and scouts.

It's on ownership to hire the right GM/team president.

They may have failed but it's year one. I'm willing to wait to see a more complete picture.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Danny LaFever posted:

oh I'm pretty sure Rodgers will adjust and pretty soon he'll have no drops at all!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah BPA is the way to go. Division is having a solid draft. Well the Vikings are a bit scattered, but I like the Packers and Bears picks.

Lions are the best of course.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

tinstaach posted:

oh I'm pretty sure Rodgers will adjust and pretty soon he'll have no drops at all!

I for one would be surprised if Rodgers had any drops next season.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I for one would be surprised if Rodgers had any drops next season.

I'm still not sold on Amari Rodgers :v:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Rodgers hucked it to MVS all the time despite drops. He did the same with Adams.

Watson is a typical Gutey pick. Flawed but an insane RAS. I'm thrilled to have him on the team.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sure until the NFCCG game and then not so much

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1520218185550729217?s=20&t=mUP9gal0OYqZVcsHKiT4-w

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1520213762560737285

Twitter cuts off the image for some reason:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears just drafted a 25 year old

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears just drafted a 25 year old

won't need development! ready to play!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody who isn't a a Packers fan, tell me if this RAS thing is real or if it's another fake thing like Int%.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1520217278188597254

Lmao gently caress that dude.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

Somebody who isn't a Packers fan, tell me if this RAS thing is real or if it's another fake thing like Int%.

Kent Lee Platte is a Lions fan. RAS is a mathematical comparison of player athleticity using combine/pro-day results. Calvin Johnson was the most athletic WR ever when you take his scores across the board.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb
https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=7730&p2=20956&pos=

The Packers are well-known for having strict athleticity requirements for their draft picks, which is why it's actually fairly easy to predict what players they'll take if you look at their minimums and filter out prospects who don't meet their minimums. This is why Packers fans bring up RAS a lot. I posted a preference board earlier in the thread and all 3 of the Packers picks thus far have been from that board.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is this better or worse than Schneider talking about Cross being from a two-parent home?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Always the kind of statement you want to read coming from your team's FO

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1520213559447281664

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The main thing about RAS is that it tells you how athletic a guy is, but as the creator himself will note that's not necessarily predictive towards actual NFL production. But when looking at draft prospects, it is an easy way to compare players.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:yikes:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sounds like "it's very good that we can underpay this player". Any chance the new Bears' management is just a front to embezzle a shitload of money by signing cheap players?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

:stonk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Which part of the NFC North draft process would've you guessed gets more attention?

• One of the Bears picks is described as poor, hungry, and desperate
  • One of the Vikings picks raped a child

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah honestly I'm not actually that mad about it outside of giving the Packers a good WR

He’s an FCS school workout warrior who was reasonably productive but not dominant. It’s going to be a huge jump in class to matching up against #1 corners in the NFL. I don’t think you can pencil him in as a good WR, especially as a WR1 which is what the packers need.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we're all hosed when the packers wait until after the draft to reveal they've brought back jared abaderis

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Which part of the NFC North draft process would've you guessed gets more attention?

• One of the Vikings picks raped a child

Wait what

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deki posted:

Always the kind of statement you want to read coming from your team's FO

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1520213559447281664

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh wow it's TWO children https://deadspin.com/court-documents-lsus-ed-ingram-accused-of-sexually-rear end-1838371539

quote:

A series of documents from Ingram’s case outline the allegations against him. Ingram was accused by two sisters of repeatedly sexually assaulting them during a period that began when Ingram was almost 16 and when the two girls were under the age of 14. The notice of offenses does not list the precise dates of any of the alleged assaults, though the document offers descriptions of alleged assaults that occurred in a yearlong window spanning almost all of 2015 (Ingram turned 16 in February of 2015).

TW rape descriptions According to the documents, Ingram was first accused of putting his fingers in the older sister’s vagina while she was sleeping. She says she told him she did not like it and wanted him to stop, which he did. The victim told her mother and one other person, whose relationship to her is not made clear in the documents, that Ingram “would put his hand down [her] pants and touch her private part.”

The younger sister says she saw Ingram pull her sister’s pants down, and also heard her telling Ingram to stop. The younger sister also alleged a similar assault, and the documents outline a suite of other accusations, which include Ingram assaulting them anally and vaginally with his penis “on more than one occasion” over a period that spans one year. Both victims told adults about what happened, and the case was referred to DeSoto Child Protective Services.

Yeeeeeeeikes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers are well-known for having strict athleticity requirements for their draft picks, which is why it's actually fairly easy to predict what players they'll take if you look at their minimums and filter out prospects who don't meet their minimums. This is why Packers fans bring up RAS a lot. I posted a preference board earlier in the thread and all 3 of the Packers picks thus far have been from that board.

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1520234206969745408

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
These loving bears.
These mother loving chicago brownbears.
Is this what being a gm is? Being hyper petty about "your guys" that you just kill the face of the franchise because he was the last guy?
Even if you hate him, you protect his rear end so you can trade him.
DEAR VIRGINA: I WILL WORK FOR HALF PRICE AND WILL ONLY gently caress UP YOUR TEAM HALF AS MUCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
been out all night what did I m-

:stonklol: