Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Chapter 14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ulf got stupid lucky here getting another split in the same location with the same layout of the base.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Every Ulf splits at the same time, and both Ulfs of a split exist in identical universes at the time of the split. Only things that happen after a split are different. No luck was involved, this was just how the timing shook out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tendales posted:

Every Ulf splits at the same time, and both Ulfs of a split exist in identical universes at the time of the split. Only things that happen after a split are different. No luck was involved, this was just how the timing shook out.

That's... kind of how luck works?

There was one other split that happened while he was in the basement, so there was always another Ulf (now two) in similar circumstances. But because the nuclear guard post duty is assigned quite randomly, the cult didn't get at the nukes at the same time in that earlier branch.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please link it if you do, I'm curious how a game by him would turn out but am also cripplingly lazy busy.

Emptyquote.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

I thought that we were done with Heathcliff for a while, but I forgot there were some NatGeo boobs in this sequence and, well, better safe than sorry. click here for them in all their NSFW glory

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hempuli posted:

Ulf Is BABA

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
VISIONS AMID PERPLEXITY
January 28, 2005

This comic is seriously growing on me. There's like another hundred pages to go, right? Right?

the holy poopacy posted:

I thought that we were done with Heathcliff for a while, but I forgot there were some NatGeo boobs in this sequence and, well, better safe than sorry. click here for them in all their NSFW glory

Why does the tits helmet make me lol every time I see it.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tree Bucket posted:

Why does the tits helmet make me lol every time I see it.

Because you are not yet totally dead inside.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i have no idea where to post this but here's cowtools.mp4, which somehow is also :nws:

https://i.imgur.com/MOLI8uq.mp4

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

TESB has given me some serious Kill Six Billion Demon vibes before, but this page here takes the cake. :allears:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i have no idea where to post this but here's cowtools.mp4, which somehow is also :nws:

lmao that cow is scratching he balls

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That a legit use for tools.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

This comic is seriously growing on me. There's like another hundred pages to go, right? Right?

Glad to hear that! But alas, we're almost at the half-way point already. :(

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
ANOTHER DAY
February 7, 2005

The one after this is fairly long so I'll keep it at just this today.

I guess let's instead post the author comments for this comic:

Dale posted:

Snatching you from a Hopeless Abyss Emergency Valentines Day Advice Column
It's time to open up the mail bin gain. The storage site has been flooded, so most your recent letters have experienced severe water damage. However, I managed to save a few hundred by baking them on a warm surface and opening them delicately.

Dale,
Have you ever fought a villain of PURE ELECTRICITY? And, if so, what did you do?
knots loosening,
Trapped in the Basement

Dear TITB,
Electricity's natural enemy is water. Have you tried letting the creature feed on the high voltage power lines until it grows immense, and then luring it in to the nearby bay, or reservoir?
best of luck,
Dale

David posted:

Le Bowl Définitif
Just got back from the Super Bowl.
You probably heard about how I won. It was pretty awesome. Now I have to write a poem for poetry class. Like twenty art students are going to analyze it tomorrow at 1 pm. Here's what I have so far:

Garden gnomes
In charming homes
Progressing without witness
Peace have found
But whimsey drowned
Also, physical fitness

It's pretty edgy stuff, but I can't bottle up the truth.
David

EDIT:

Thread posted:

PYF Comic: Ulf Is BABA
:aaa:

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Apr 30, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i am legit impressed

wrap it up humanailures

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Nice one, Emil

An expert weighs in

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

100. Josie Edens and Henry Yamadera

101. Vampires and aliens

102. Interrogation

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
gently caress I love tdbc.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Carthag Tuek posted:

Ulf BABABAAABABABABABABarbara Ann is really good at scat singing surf covers

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Spoilered in this post: Roast Beef's ding dong. It's not very graphic at all, but just in case.

Roast Beef Tender Moments Week

Roast Beef Tender Moments(TM) Week

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

An especially extra long update today to close out part two, mostly because three of these pages are just text. Also the first instance of me having to censor a page. Click the image for the uncensored version, and tell me if that's a bad way to do it and I should just do text links instead because there is most certainly going to be more of that in the future.

Apocalypse Johto Part 2: Silver Tongue
Chapter 22: Outsider

We regret to inform you that Apocalypse Johto is no longer gay.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Seems like the party is just starting.
:catdrugs:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

The Adventurer's Consumer Guide thread is up here. As a reminder, this is the text adventure Thorsby wrote, which actually predates any of his webcomics.

The premise:

quote:

You are a product tester for the Adventurer’s Consumer Guide, a magazine that reviews all sorts of equipment an adventurer might need for his adventures. Your magazine is highly respected because of the thorough tests you put the equipment through. The tests aren’t just done at the magazine’s offices. No, the product testers go on actual adventures to test the equipment out in the field. Sometimes you kill an evil overlord; sometimes you rescue a fair maiden. Most of the time, like today, you just go out looking for a treasure in Treasure Cave Mountain, a perfect place for adventures as it contains plenty of caves, treasures, monsters and traps.

The items to be tested:

quote:

The new magical sword from Adventurer’s Emporium. According to the commercial it will start to vibrate when you are close to danger.
A mail-ordered short metal staff with a clear orb on the end. Its manufacturers say the staff will remove any creature that comes in contact with the orb. Inside the orb you can see a small unmoving cluster of turquoise tentacles.
A Remmingheim Supreme crossbow, loaded with an arrow. The Supreme model is supposed to have a special feature. When you shoot it, the arrow will magically return, and the crossbow will be loaded again. The hard, razor-sharp arrow is protruding a good ten centimeters from the front of the crossbow.
“The Ultimate Creature Manual” by Arthur Hippoman. According to the back it contains information about every single monster in the world, and how to defend yourself against them. It is suspiciously thin.
A small cage. It is closed and locked with a code-lock (You know the code.). A gremlin, a small green humanoid creature with pointy ears, is trapped inside. He is wearing a tiny ring. He is smoking a tiny cigarette. His thin arms are sticking through the bars of the cage, and he is fiddling with the code-lock, trying one combination at a time.

You are wearing:
A Hustlespleen & Poe Coat of Invisibility, though at the moment it looks like an ordinary, long, brown, coat. It is supposed to turn invisible (or turn visible again) whenever you say the magic word “tango”.
A Super Champion Helmet fastened with a strap under your chin. It is round and made of thin metal. It is supposed to magically turn you into a hero.
On your finger is a Snuffelburg & Co. Type F Magical Ring. It is red and golden. It is supposed to protect you from any magical rays, by moving the effect of the ray away from you and onto the gremlin, which is wearing a smaller, magically connected, ring.
A pair of red boxer shorts, decorated with tiny teddy-bears dressed as sailors. They are not something you are supposed to test; they are your own.

Will we find some treasure in the Treasure Cave Mountains? Which items, if any, will receive the highly-coveted, "must buy" seal of approval from the titular Adventurer's Consumer Guide? Join me as we find out together, in this gripping tale of high adventure.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

I love the way he draws snakes. :3:

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

(Kusarigama - "chain sickle")

Technocrat has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Apr 30, 2022

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Technocrat posted:

(Kusarigama - "chain sickle")

Lol, note that Garla is holdong the murdersaw as a callback

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

e-dt posted:

Spoilered in this post: Roast Beef's ding dong. It's not very graphic at all, but just in case.

The sound effects in this one are the best

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > PYF Comic: OK, I think I'll die now

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I saw the first one and knew it was Wizard Master before I even read the caption. A new personal best.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Got it in one this time

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > PYF Comic: kwa

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I decided to write it up, and then slap it on my SA thread, and my website, so yeah, if you're interested in Marie and the Adventurer's League, want to hear about my process, thoughts, and why I'm making the following decision, go right ahead.

Boba Pearl posted:

Look, this is about 2,000 words, but I’m making a big decision about the comic, and feel like I need to explain it, but I have a TL;Dr at the bottom.

[...]

If you scrolled past all that, here’s your too long didn’t read.

I’m killing off the voting aspect of Marie and the Adventurer’s League, I was really using it in a subpar way to tell my story, and I was rushing things to hit a once a month dead line that no-one imposed on me. If the forums hosting this has a place for user fiction, I’m going to have the threads moved there, otherwise you’ll have to find it on my website. For SufficientVeloctiy, that means user fiction and SomethingAwful, uh, I’m going to hope they let me keep this in CYOA, because GBS scares me ever since they scared off that Christmas guy. Or maybe a BYOB thread. The rest will have to catch it on my website, or on SufficientVelocity, or if you have $10 on SomethingAwful.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fuckin owned.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I unironically want more Princess Sparkle

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

rydiafan posted:

I saw the first one and knew it was Wizard Master before I even read the caption. A new personal best.

It took me two this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
It took me three before I realized the intellectual stench of WM