Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
moira is the best dps. mostly one tricking her since flexing is support queue.

also why don't assists work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Mystery Heroes is, indeed, the best mode.

I like it because it's more or less the roguelike mode. Or, perhaps, the "playing poker for the long haul, surviving the bad hands and capitalizing on the good hands" mode. It's also an excuse to practice heroes that I cannot, in good faith, pick in other modes.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Yup, I still hate this game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Mystery Heroes has potential but ironically it actually needs a couple more rules and restrictions to really work properly

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Mystery Heroes has potential but ironically it actually needs a couple more rules and restrictions to really work properly
limiting it to Control maps would make it fair “enough”

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Nah, nothing beats being on a hybrid map where they break themselves against your defense for 3:40 and then come up with some insane comp that completely shatters you and pushes the cart the whole way without stopping until you do the same thing to them a foot from the goal

"Guys the more we kill them the better chance they have of getting a comp and starting a teamfight with 6, just do the torb, the mercys and stagger everything else"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Funny thing is on a whim I just now bought the game on PC(cause I'm flush with money so 20 bucks for the base version felt reasonable considering it'll carry forward to 2) and installed it, and I'm actually having a pretty decent time, though not having played in several years(albeit on PS4 last time) means some things feel a bit off(Roadhog feels a lot weaker than I remember him being) and I've only gotten Tank role so far

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

emgeejay posted:

limiting it to Control maps would make it fair “enough”

In OW1 terms, a soft 1 of each role at all times limitation to new hero spawns would make Mystery Heroes way more enjoyable. With OW2's current state, I have no idea how they could make it viable without forcing 2-2-1

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BabyRyoga posted:

In OW1 terms, a soft 1 of each role at all times limitation to new hero spawns would make Mystery Heroes way more enjoyable. With OW2's current state, I have no idea how they could make it viable without forcing 2-2-1

Mystery heroes but everyone is always playing the same role, and the game decides what role that is.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

BabyRyoga posted:

Agreed, also no dupe heroes, and maybe some tweaks to how Ultimate builds up due to the whole changing heroes every life thing

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
after playing both betas, gundam evolution clears this game

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Mystery heroes but everyone is always playing the same role, and the game decides what role that is.

Might as well be role-queue then, otherwise you are going to get lot of repeat leavers from people assigned to heal/tank.

2nd day of OW2:
I don't get Orisa. She just melts without her shield.
Dubbelbubble Zarya feels really nice, although she needs aggressive dps players, because she can't be the frontgal.
Hog is still hog. I.E pick-king.

Still really nice.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

adhuin posted:

Might as well be role-queue then, otherwise you are going to get lot of repeat leavers from people assigned to heal/tank.

No I mean EVERYONE is the same role. All tanks, all healers etc

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

No I mean EVERYONE is the same role. All tanks, all healers etc

Lol. That would be fun.

Bit like that mirror deathmatch mode, where you get a random character, but everyone plays the same one.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Marin Karin posted:

after playing both betas, gundam evolution clears this game

I've been hearing surprisingly legit things about this game. Beta was apparently very well received, too.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed, also no dupe heroes, and maybe some tweaks to how Ultimate builds up due to the whole changing heroes every life thing

You can pry Quad-Ana team comp from my cold dead hands.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I've been hearing surprisingly legit things about this game. Beta was apparently very well received, too.

That game owned

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm glad people liked Gundam Evolution but the maps sucked so bad I couldn't enjoy it at all. Granted OW1 maps also are pretty bad but the new ones are way better

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
please don't mess with mystery heroes. it's the only chance i have to play dps since i refuse to do anything but flex queue.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I loathe Overwatch so I was annoyed Gundam was getting a clone of it but the test was actually a ton of fun

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
They should make a shooter where more than 2 people on each team get to focus on shooting people

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

They should make a shooter where more than 2 people on each team get to focus on shooting people

They’re called arena shooters, the mode is deathmatch, and they’re too hard for the average person so they all flop.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
they gave mercy a gun what more do you want?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Does it seem like characters are very hard to kill? It seems like the breakpoints between healing and damage were adjusted at some point and characters just aren't dying.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Does it seem like characters are very hard to kill? It seems like the breakpoints between healing and damage were adjusted at some point and characters just aren't dying.

depends on who you're playing

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah I think time to tie is shorter for the squishies and longer for the tank. Playing support, I am not living as long, especially if the other team has a good Widow or their Sojourn has a good aim with the rail gun.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Who and with whom are you trying to kill? Several damage heroes got effectively nerfed via kit changes, while tanks are supposed to be godly wrecking balls.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tanks are supposed to be ignored/CCd until the healers/support is dead and then they fall over like a sack of poo poo.
Which, in my opinion, is exactly what a Tank should be.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Father Wendigo posted:

Who and with whom are you trying to kill? Several damage heroes got effectively nerfed via kit changes, while tanks are supposed to be godly wrecking balls.

That must be it. Trying to grind down the tank seems to take forever

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That must be it. Trying to grind down the tank seems to take forever

Tanks got like 20% health buff and every tank now has double the Healers available to them. Why are you trying to focus fire the Tanks first? Stop it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah only go after the tanks when the supports/dps are dead or if Ana has landed an anti-nade on them and everyone can focus fire.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
do these priority passes not work?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DoctorJones posted:

In OW1? They do nothing in my experience.

In OW2 beta they seemed to work most of the time for me though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I was wondering that too. Took me a while to even figure out what they were but I have 40/40 and can't use them or something?

edit: I think I figured it out. Only usable when queues are >10mins for a role I think and you'll get the option

acumen fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 1, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

DoctorJones posted:

Effectively not afaict, it was still a 10 minute queue, so I just stopped bothering to launch the game

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
My pro tips for Support: Play Lucio and Moira. Boom 4dps team.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Passes work perfectly for tanks. DPS queues usually go longer than estimated and flex/healer queues are near instant.

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

adhuin posted:

Passes work perfectly for tanks. DPS queues usually go longer than estimated and flex/healer queues are near instant.

sitting at 40/40 because I only queue for flex anyway lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I respect that OW2 is not everyone's cup of tea and the logic made sense but in hindsight it is extremely funny that people thought 1-2-2 would make people want to play tank less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
playing tank fuckin rules now, Orisa just stomps about like a wild boar