Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Lux Animus posted:

how do you deal w/ flames that don't respond to water urgentd

dump flour on it

e: after looking it up do not do that, i hope you didn't do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lux Animus posted:

Are you playing Brunhilde in a production of Wagner's "Götterdämmerung"?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lux Animus posted:

if its in the kitchen i put a lot of salt on it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i imagined reports were handled by some internal ticket system and not just posts on an actual sub forum. that's a little wild.

they all have their own custom thread tags so it's easy to just filter cspam reports, but as i mentioned in some thread around april 1, the mods got trolled most of all during the d&d/cspam switch since all i got were reports from D&D under the cspam tag

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Spergin Morlock posted:

it was spiderhyphenman that got permad during the chipmunks thing

yeah, and also Finicum's Wake tried to pass the Adolescent Cartoon Chipmunk Blowjob Camel through the eye of the Needle of Compromise to save spiderhyphenman's account and got perma'd as collateral

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Flavius Aetass posted:

no that's p much it

:-)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

yeah, and also Finicum's Wake tried to pass the Adolescent Cartoon Chipmunk Blowjob Camel through the eye of the Needle of Compromise to save spiderhyphenman's account and got perma'd as collateral

Yikes, where did you pick up the av and title?:stare:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Yikes, where did you pick up the av and title?:stare:

a couple months ago one of my posting victims decided to strike back

black text so I think it might have been a mod?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Flavius Aetass posted:

no that's p much it

Why the hell are you still posting here, you rear end in a top hat

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Filthy Hans posted:

:aslol:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
feedback: usually 6/10, sometimes worse, but always vastly the best place on SA for anything resembling political discourse

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
keep the guy who posted his gross body all over these forums and peoples avatars and made a post about bringing a gun to his substitute teacher job permabanned that’s the feedback current crop of mods seem good which is probably because they’re not all trump thread posters

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i imagined reports were handled by some internal ticket system and not just posts on an actual sub forum. that's a little wild.

Radium apparently coded the whole forum to revolve around posts, so a bunch of internal things are done via posting. The way a report works is that when you file a report, the SA Support Robot account makes a new thread in a subforum that only mods can see, which shows you the reported post and the info about the report, like who reported it and where and what the report text is. The internal ticket system is that mods then go through the report forum and respond to reports individually (by posting), and then an admin comes and files them away based on how the mod responded.

IKs can't see the report forum at all so they're all handled by mods. If something gets reported in a thread that has an IK we might talk to the IK about the report before responding to it, but it will still be a mod doing the response in the end.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

3) IKs are currently only assigned to a particular thread informally and not all IKs are even assigned to a thread. I don't know if the system would even support per thread buttons training.

Thanks to Astral there is now a way to make thread-specific IKs, but so far we haven't been using it in CSPAM and have been sticking to naming IKs for the whole forum even if they're asked to just watch over a specific thread. The big reason for this is that discussions in CSPAM sometimes spread from one thread to another and we like it that IKs can follow a discussion from thread to thread if needed. In the future we might consider switching some forumwide IKs over to be thread-specific IKs in an effort to reduce the huge list of mod/IK names at the top of the forum index, but it would probably only be for specialized threads like the mental health thread where discussions are unlikely to spill over into other parts of the forum.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

a couple months ago one of my posting victims decided to strike back

black text so I think it might have been a mod?

I checked your account history and it wasn't a mod, but the system doesn't track av purchases through the store so we will never know who bought it unless they come forward.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

I checked your account history and it wasn't a mod, but the system doesn't track av purchases through the store so we will never know who bought it unless they come forward.

thank you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:gas:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Thank you to the usual suspects for doing their thing.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

vyelkin posted:

Radium apparently coded the whole forum to revolve around posts, so a bunch of internal things are done via posting. The way a report works is that when you file a report, the SA Support Robot account makes a new thread in a subforum that only mods can see, which shows you the reported post and the info about the report, like who reported it and where and what the report text is. The internal ticket system is that mods then go through the report forum and respond to reports individually (by posting), and then an admin comes and files them away based on how the mod responded.

IKs can't see the report forum at all so they're all handled by mods. If something gets reported in a thread that has an IK we might talk to the IK about the report before responding to it, but it will still be a mod doing the response in the end.

What's amazing is that instead of appending subsequent reports as posts in the thread it just entirely disallows multiple reports.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego posted:

What's amazing is that instead of appending subsequent reports as posts in the thread it just entirely disallows multiple reports.

just report your own post with the most positive framing you can and you've silenced your haters ez pz

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego posted:

how hard/expensive would it be to completely replace SA's backend with something better

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
thread on how the mod stuff works with pictures

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909065

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Vim Fuego posted:

A post can be re-reported but I don't think anyone knows how much time has to pass or whatever criteria have to be met.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

A post can be re-reported but I don't think anyone knows how much time has to pass or whatever criteria have to be met.

It’s meant to be a week, but I believe a bug may still be preventing it entirely.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Wait, has it always been that you can only report a post once and then it's just recently reported forever?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

astral posted:

It’s meant to be a week, but I believe a bug may still be preventing it entirely.

please allow us to report admin posts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is Larry free yet? No? Topic Locked.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

That really should be addressed, the state of Larry not being free.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Victory Position posted:

That really should be addressed, the state of Larry not being free.

yeah I'd like to hear the mods AND admins weigh in on this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

I mean, here is is posting a thread with a poll asking if Flavius should be killed: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3976409&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post516945071

I don't care enough to go digging for exact quotes about random people and not mods but I do remember that it was something he would wish on fellow posters from time to time. My memory, and it may be faulty, is that he switched over to doing weirdly elaborate things like "choke on a fishbone" because just wishing death on people he was arguing with was a bit over the line for his buds or maybe he just didn't want to eat probes/bans.

Regardless that's something that's always going to be cracked down on for the same reason that we edit out posts of people discussing killing themselves. Seeing poo poo like that can be genuinely triggering for people who struggle with suicidal ideation, to say nothing of telling someone who might privately be dealing with suicidal thoughts that by accident. It's a community protection thing.

And frankly it sucks because I like Larry as a poster and genuinely find him charming and funny, but he'd have to rein it in to have his perma lifted and if he could rein it in, he wouldn't be Larry.

I don't think that poll was good, and I absolutely agree that people should not tell each other to kill themselves, and in general tone down the bloodlust posting. The fishbone thing was something he said about Robert Evans, who you wouldn't know was a goon unless you visited the RGD thread.

It feels disingenuous to argue that it's going to trigger people when we have a thread called Guillotine.txt.

By the same standards shouldn't these 2 posts be punished? 1 for joking about harm inflicted on another poster, and the other for saying a public figure should be killed?

Tesseraction posted:

Sorry for sir Tonk not replying I just beat the poo poo out of them and put them in hospital

indigi posted:

lol why would you share sensitive global finance info with the feds. get Greenwald on the line for that poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

On the topic of bloodlust posting, sometimes the car thread turns in pyf favorite accidents and crashes. The thread is pretty solid overall but those kinds of posts are very gross.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

you also have to filter it by subforum icon to find whatever reports are in your forums since otherwise all you get are pages of DnD reports because it accounts for like 80% of all SA reports

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

close d'n'd

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

make the terfs post on our turf

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I am being personally targeted for speaking out against permabanned user Alex Eiffel

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I am being personally targeted for speaking out against permabanned user Alex Eiffel

lmao

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Alex Effeil seems really cool

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gently caress alex effeil imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010