Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's been a bit since we've had a feedback thread and we all thought it was time. Please post your thoughts, questions, comments, and other assorted feedback about how we're doing as mods in this thread.

We'll plan to keep this open for at least a few days but will be closing it up once it inevitably devolves into bickering, recriminations, and general namecalling, as all feedback threads eventually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

piss

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
tup

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
please request posting energy from Comrade Chen Weihua so that we might finally destroy the liberals

Seriousposting, the only threads I follow are the Ukraine, Econ, succ, and video game threads. All are pretty friendly and functional.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Make Korean Boomhauer an admin

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
you should win prizes for posting

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Same as usual: gas the trump thread, chain probe my enemies, etc

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and free larry

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

paul_soccer12 posted:

lots of people are getting those avs with putin kissing other world leaders, that's a kind of prize i suppose

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
close it at midnight

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

working on it, will get back to you on this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Like yeah it's out of place, but until this forum (by which I mostly just mean the admins and Jeff) actually starts dealing with the amount of people posting weird holodomor denial poo poo, it's pretty loving strange to be nuking anyone who brings up that the site has a huge problem with people just openly denying the holodomor.

Plz consult the other posts that got big probations in the same spree because those sure seem to be valid criticisms even if that wasn't the perfect thread for them and at some point they're going to have to be addressed. Why does this stuff always just get probated when it is brought up instead of dealt with?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bedpan posted:

Like yeah it's out of place, but until this forum (by which I mostly just mean the admins and Jeff) actually starts dealing with the amount of people posting weird holodomor denial poo poo, it's pretty loving strange to be nuking anyone who brings up that the site has a huge problem with people just openly denying the holodomor.

Plz consult the other posts that got big probations in the same spree because those sure seem to be valid criticisms even if that wasn't the perfect thread for them and at some point they're going to have to be addressed. Why does this stuff always just get probated when it is brought up instead of dealt with?

How we handle this in C-SPAM is that anyone denying that the Holodomor occurred, that is denying that there was a famine or positing that fewer numbers of people than academically accepted died, is gonna get probed. the question over whether it was genocide directed by the Soviet authorities towards Ukraine is an unresolved academic question and, as such, we do not probe for saying that it was an intentional genocide towards Ukraine in partiuclar, nor do we probe for saying that it was the result of bad Soviet policy but not intentionally designed to kill Ukrainians, nor do we probe for saying that it was essentially a natural disaster.

Frankly, I don't know enough about the issue to debate one direction or the other but that is where we are at policy-wise.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we already have a feedback thread OP

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we already have a feedback thread OP

yeah, but i just can't tolerate you stealing my thunder

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

cspam should have even more genocide denial

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
free cumshitter

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

close it at midnight

done

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i would like to see better posts

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cloks posted:

i would like to see better posts

official forums policy is explained in the header

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Calling it the holodomor is holocaust revisionism

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Azathoth posted:

How we handle this in C-SPAM is that anyone denying that the Holodomor occurred, that is denying that there was a famine or positing that fewer numbers of people than academically accepted died, is gonna get probed. the question over whether it was genocide directed by the Soviet authorities towards Ukraine is an unresolved academic question and, as such, we do not probe for saying that it was an intentional genocide towards Ukraine in partiuclar, nor do we probe for saying that it was the result of bad Soviet policy but not intentionally designed to kill Ukrainians, nor do we probe for saying that it was essentially a natural disaster.

Frankly, I don't know enough about the issue to debate one direction or the other but that is where we are at policy-wise.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

look at this post.

i say again, look at this loving post. i will highlight the important part for you, because it's really bad!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS, what the sweet mother gently caress are you doing? targeting an ethnic, religious, or cultural group for extermination is genocide. denying the soviets intentionally targeted the ukranians for extinction through famine makes you a genocide denier

un gently caress your moral compass right now, holy poo poo.

for everyone else reading this, the admin of this forum is a genocide denier
leave this website. get out now

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

well it isn't a thread until i get got i guess

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

im still laughing that the call to have Jeffrey of YOSPOS put before a firing squad came from a Games poster replying in a QCS concern troll thread about CSPAM radicalization

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bedpan posted:

im still laughing that the call to have Jeffrey of YOSPOS put before a firing squad came from a Games poster replying in a QCS concern troll thread about CSPAM radicalization

QCS is consistently the funniest forum on the site, and it's not even close

stir up trouble
Mar 14, 2022

Azathoth posted:

QCS is consistently the funniest forum on the site, and it's not even close

seems like a good reason to close cspam then

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

stir up trouble posted:

seems like a good reason to close cspam then
yeah but then you all would just be out there wandering the streets, getting into trouble, and generally bothering polite society

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I especially like that someone paid holodomor denialist jeffery of yospos tenbux to get me what I'm pretty sure is remember the holodomor av.

oh hey, when I replace this thing can I ditch the ghost of kiev tag but keep the china state poster tag?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Voice of Labor posted:

I especially like that someone paid holodomor denialist jeffery of yospos tenbux to get me what I'm pretty sure is remember the holodomor av.

oh hey, when I replace this thing can I ditch the ghost of kiev tag but keep the china state poster tag?

Yep, when you buy your new av, you can put

[i mg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/chinagang.png[/img]

only without that initial space, it'll count against the total number of characters but still let you upload your own image

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
More bans and more unbans

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

Yep, when you buy your new av, you can put

[i mg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/chinagang.png[/img]

only without that initial space, it'll count against the total number of characters but still let you upload your own image

I got a good gang tag for you.

🖕

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bedpan posted:

it gave us this incredible QCS post

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

OP, mewling]: "im concerned about a violent radicalized culture festering in CSPAM, somewhere probably"

extremely badass Games poster]: The owner of Something Awful should be executed

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I got a good gang tag for you.

🖕

mean!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i think the new trend of being harsher on posters seeking negative attention is good

keep alec eiffel banned

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

I sometimes remember that post completely unprompted as I attempt to go about my day

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

alwyas lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cloks posted:

i think the new trend of being harsher on posters seeking negative attention is good

keep alec eiffel banned

Alec has been permabanned I believe.

To submit myself to conscientious self-criticism, I think one of the things I've learned to spot and try to stop is main character syndrome, where people do just that. It's tough to know when to pull the plug because sometimes people enjoy just flaming the person, and that person also seems to get some weird perverse pleasure getting dunked on, and as long as it sticks to general teasing there's nothing really wrong with that. But it almost always turns sour at some point and then you have to step in.

I also posted about it in the thread earlier, but I think the U/R thread is in a good place with some IK support. It's my fault that it ever got to the point where it needed to be put into slow mode. I needed to get help covering the thread before it got to that point. So that's on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)