Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
three times in a roll

e: terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
The NBA games to come will only have higher stakes and thus higher ratings...UNLIKE TONY KHAN'S BOOKING!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Disco Inferno is a loving tool, Kenny has no time for it.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1520253121091424258

Get his rear end, Cleaner!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Don't you guys get it? TV Ratings are like a card game. You can only pull the "There was a big sporting event" card three times and once you run out your show is instantly cancelled.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No, you see, a billionaire who has invested his money into two promotions and has a working relationship with multiple others is definitely going to simply give up and drop it all because the NBA lowered his TV ratings for a couple weeks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Remind me, when does the NFL season start? As I'm sure Raw's ratings won't change at all. /s

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Remind me, when does the NFL season start? As I'm sure Raw's ratings won't change at all. /s

That's the amazing part of all these replies, the exact same thing is happening to WWE but that's somehow a completely different situation

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Disco Inferno is a loving tool, Kenny has no time for it.

Get his rear end, Cleaner!

How the gently caress does anyone watch that Stardom clip and think "that's bad wrestling"?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Elephant Ambush posted:

How the gently caress does anyone watch that Stardom clip and think "that's bad wrestling"?

Racism, misogyny, and sour grapes

ButcherWombat
Sep 28, 2021
Literally the only thing this @kljs talks about on his twitter is the imminent failure of AEW. If he's not a fake account I think he might have some serious mental issues to be so fixated on this for months and months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Maybe WWE sent him some cold cuts.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
So Disco decided to open his mouth and have a go at the Mei Suruga/AZM match.

https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/1520155897145675776

Unfortunately for him, both Kenny and Lance were awake

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1520255245581897730
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1520265127416659969

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Dude's gimmick was a disco dancer and he's mocking people doing wacky comedy spots?

I love that Kenny is just finally sick of it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I have every reason to believe that Disco Inferno is the worst jobber of all time

no doubt there are worse wrestlers than him in general, but 'enhancement talent' is frankly a more courteous title than the man deserves

e: ok so I looked at the stats and apparently, between 1997 and 1999, he constantly won ~50% of his televised matches. Which begs the question: why

Venomous fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 30, 2022

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Venomous posted:

I have every reason to believe that Disco Inferno is the worst jobber of all time

no doubt there are worse wrestlers than him in general, but 'enhancement talent' is frankly a more courteous title than the man deserves

e: ok so I looked at the stats and apparently, between 1997 and 1999, he constantly won ~50% of his televised matches. Which begs the question: why

He was popular and wasn't TERRIBLE in the ring. It was the late 90s. Everyone and their mother was over. Literally in Buff's case.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's been brought up before but remember when TNA tried to make a Disco a main eventer?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

1glitch0 posted:

He was popular and wasn't TERRIBLE in the ring. It was the late 90s. Everyone and their mother was over. Literally in Buff's case.

He had the simple to understand gimmick of dancing guy that casual fans can get behind watching in 4 minute TV matches every once in a while. Every time he was put in a spot above this level, it became super clear where his ceiling was.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

beepo posted:

He had the simple to understand gimmick of dancing guy that casual fans can get behind watching in 4 minute TV matches every once in a while. Every time he was put in a spot above this level, it became super clear where his ceiling was.

Exactly.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/jpcrotc/status/1520273487524691968?t=39ygZD9Rel1Dkh-QJabJbg&s=19

The Disco defender has logged on.

The Nitro Disco won the title on was main evented by Hogan and Flair vs Sting and Luger and also featured Bret v Benoit. But no, people were definitely tuning in for the less than five minute match where Disco beat Psychosis.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

everytime Disco's name comes up, I assume he's been found dead in a ditch. I'm learning to live with this disappointment.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

The second worst Glenn on Twitter

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

The second worst Glenn on Twitter

It's important to remember that as bad as Disco is he's not causing the real world harm that Glenn Greenwald is.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

It's important to remember that as bad as Disco is he's not causing the real world harm that Glenn Greenwald is.

lol oh god are you one of them?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where does Mayor Glen fit in this or is it specifically just a ranking for double N Glenns

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Where does Mayor Glen fit in this or is it specifically just a ranking for double N Glenns

He has two Ns too so you can rank him!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

1glitch0 posted:

lol oh god are you one of them?

who is "them"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Name three!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

People with dumb opinions about Glenn Greenwald

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't talk about green guy :thx:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Unhinged Greenwald haters who are so obsessed they bring him up in a pro wrestling thread making fun of Disco Inferno just because they saw the name "Glenn".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only glenn i hate is that son of a bitch from chrono trigger. do you know the kinds of hosed up poo poo that old time knights would get into? let's just say they wouldn't last long on social media today

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/thisisnasty/status/1520524203564302336?s=21&t=bBQpdkyhty75ZRv7skawyA

“Gonna take a lot of work to sell out that United Center” lmao

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nobody who watches NJPW watches it on AXS lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wwe raw would get three times that many views on AXS TV

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pylons posted:

Nobody who watches NJPW watches it on AXS lmao

Apparently 46,000 people do

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Cavauro posted:

the only glenn i hate is that son of a bitch from chrono trigger. do you know the kinds of hosed up poo poo that old time knights would get into? let's just say they wouldn't last long on social media today

gently caress you bitch he's a hero

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AEW/NJPW could sell it out in 60 seconds, and ol' Nasty there would say, "See, no one was interested, or they would've sold it out in 30 seconds!"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cavauro posted:

He would destroy people constantly, what kind of fool clown are you? He has access to a time machine, he knows everything you're going to say before you say it. Next time think before you speak.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just like epic 2014 kevin owens or elon fans. yay daddy destr0yed somebody! here's a ratio for you. the size of my huge poop, versus the size of your little hosed up poop that you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/patriotcodywyat/status/1520496096505651201