Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Them were a rock group formed in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in April 1964, most prominently known for the rock standard "Gloria" and launching singer Van Morrison's musical career. The original five-member band consisted of Morrison, Alan Henderson, Ronnie Milling, Billy Harrison and Eric Wrixon.

There, that's five!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Unhinged Greenwald haters who are so obsessed they bring him up in a pro wrestling thread making fun of Disco Inferno just because they saw the name "Glenn".

It's ok friend you can calm down, I used that Glenn as a fun twist because the person I was replying to obviously meant Kane. Everything is ok.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MicromanFever/status/1520627285602222080

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Microman Fever
Microman Fever
Microman Fever
No no no nooooo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is some of the worst writing I've ever seen so you have to see it too.

quote:

Like many of you, I too am obsessed with the Johnny Depp trial. One day I will date Amber Heard, mark my words. You may have seen Johnny’s testimony where he testified about “fecal matter in the bed” by using the term, “dropping a grumpy”. Well, that’s what AEW did this past Wednesday on Dynamite to the TNT Title. It wasn’t a grumpy from a small four-pound dog, it wasn’t even a human-sized grumpy. Unfortunately, Tony Khan dropped a gigantic elephant-sized grumpy on the TNT Championship.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/articles/tony-khan-drops-a-grumpy-on-the-tnt-championship/amp

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That article dropped a grumpy in this thread.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I have never, in all my years, heard of "dropping a grumpy"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I have never, in all my years, heard of "dropping a grumpy"

Same but as a lifelong dog owner I might actually steal that because it's kinda funny and very accurate. My wife and I have been calling them "protest shits" for a long time but "dropping a grumpy" is making me giggle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The internet allows slang to change at furious speed. Within a week we will have think pieces about dropping grumpy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's probably his own thing. sounds like something a fake british would come up with. depp, madonna, etc

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Good god, I saw wrestling column sites with better formatting than that in the late 90s.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

The internet allows slang to change at furious speed. Within a week we will have think pieces about dropping grumpy

It’s been around forever though, it’s not a new turn of phrase

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in fact, the common use of the word grumpy today comes from its original meaning

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/SHOTZFIRED91/status/1520791450132307969?t=IAJs8_li_sFK3BtQE-44pQ&s=19

He's exactly the same. Same name, same look, same goons, same character.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

adam cole has never been cool, that's the whole point

if what he was surrounded with in NXT made him look cool by comparison well, that's a stunning indictment

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Adam Cole's whole character feels like a man who is oblivious to his own short comings and is supported by his friends. I love to hate his character.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

Adam Cole's whole character feels like a man who is short.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Shard posted:

Adam Cole's whole character feels like a man who is oblivious to his own short comings and is supported by his friends. I love to hate his character.

Wait Adam Cole is puppet the psycho dwarf? AEWs back stage ring interviewers should stay away from bins.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2955838-5-big-time-wwe-and-aew-trades-that-would-make-both-companies-better.amp.html

I uh

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

It starts off by suggesting that Walter for MJF is a good trade and somehow that’s not even close to the worst one.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

The first couple of those are unlikely but not totally insane but by the end they’re just hopeless.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It starts off by suggesting that Walter for MJF is a good trade and somehow that’s not even close to the worst one.

That would be a good trade for AEW though because Walter rules and WWE would do nothing with MJF because they are poorly booked

Although doing a trade when you can just wait 6 months for him to be released & keep Max would be dumb

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 3, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This is really impressive stuff.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s so bad I’m just getting a ”Not Acceptable” error

Edit: found it, also I thought the error was p funny

Edit 2: hahaha gently caress me

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I like the idea that even though AEW is using Wardlow perfectly, they use big men poorly, so Wardlow should be traded for Sheamus, who is bigger.

edit:

quote:

Jon Moxley is a former WWE champion who has earned the right to return to the company and be the performer he was never allowed to be during his initial run with the promotion.
oh gently caress you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Earned the right to return man gently caress you

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dude pitching trades the same way you’d try to con your little brother out of his sickest Pokémon cards when you were 11

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Earned the right to return when he lost it by refusing to re-sign with them? Talking very openly about how miserable he was there? Daring to take a chance on himself and become most people's wrestler of the year in 2020?

Also, something about trading young, up and coming hoss with older, broken down hoss annoys me more than the rest of the list, and I actually really like Sheamus.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
MJF is the one guy that might be able to make it in WWE on their criteria, but he's also real smol, and that's gonna slot him as the Miz 2.0 like it or not, but him for WALTER isn't nuts. 10 for Ricochet isn't necessarily either, given how go-nowhere the Dark Order is right now, but honestly? If it was Ricochet 10 years ago? 100%. Now? Dude hasn't really evolved the way his contemporary Ospreay has. Say what you will about Will Ospreay the guy, but as a performer he's added and adapted his act massively over the last few years. Ricochet hasn't had the chance or impetus to do that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
There's some weird revisionism e-drones have with Mox where they act like he was fired when, in fact, he tricked his way out of the company (by telling Vince he needed to take time to heal up his arm iirc) and then ran for the hills the instant he was out the door.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/joshtduncan/status/1521283306775785472
https://twitter.com/joshtduncan/status/1521286015188889600
https://twitter.com/joshtduncan/status/1521286618837307392

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s right in the last tweet at least

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Seams posted:

He’s right in the last tweet at least

I...

yeah :negative:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Who does everyone think MJF would manage if he jumped to WWE?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nobody, WWE doesn’t do managers

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Wardlow

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
e: wow i am in the wrongest thread

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
He'd manage to end up as a third tier commentator. Hyuck hyuck.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Sheamus for Wardlow