Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the Democrats have means-tested access to my vote (they do not qualify)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

THS2 posted:

nicotine counteracts the effects of microplastics

has anyone looked into whether the young are getting colon cancer because of not smoking enough?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

think they’ll means test you out of this if you’re a selective service dodger who had to write a begging letter to the selective service administration be given a loan at all?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

think they’ll means test you out of this if you’re a selective service dodger who had to write a begging letter to the selective service administration be given a loan at all?

Biden was a bad enough dude to menace Corn Pop and play football but dodged the draft by claiming asthma, surely that means he feels kinship for everyone who didn't want to die in an imperial war, right?

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
so is Nina turner really set to lose her election this week or what

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

MLSM posted:

her friends john kasich and goldman sachs will be there to cushion the blow

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MLSM posted:

as soon as she joined TYT I completely stopped following what was going on with her at all. i knew at that moment that she was done even appearing to do anything that mattered

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Iron Crowned posted:

Smoking cigarettes makes you look cool as hell

Its an ambient lighting tool

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/jasonintrator/s...ingawful.com%2F

*listlessly* oh no, the democrats should maybe do something about this, etc.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

ex post facho posted:

how DARE you

now vote!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

"formation"? :thunk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think what might have happened is that Elizabeth Warren grew up thinking she was part Native American, cause she thought she was cause that’s what her family told her her entire life.

Then she took a DNA test for the dumbest possible reason and it turned out to be not true. So she coulda just said “ok well my idiot parents didn’t have 23 and me 50 years ago so we all thought we were Cherokee but I guess we aren’t, my bad”

but that's their point, that before her dumbass test she had been claiming it for decades with completely zero connection to any tribe whatsoever. that's gross as hell

the warrens were not attending tribal meetings, living on a rez, or doing really anything whatsoever to even imply that they're at all native beyond "being born in oklahoma" and certainly didn't have to rise above discrimination for any of that so-called ancestry her republican rear end took advantage of

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cool so all those fresh law school grads will qualify but not if you graduated over a year ago and you've been working

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
anything dems actually pass in order to technically be able to say they held to their word will be done as badly as possible on purpose and expecting anything else after obamacare is just silly

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

doing a dna test that would 100% give no benefit to her and then trying to spin 'actually you have less native dna in your test than most normal WASPs' as proof she was right was so loving good

that was honestly weirder than almost anything trump ever did

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Warrens whole campaign was bizarre and the fact it got any traction was equally bizarre. Her dog and those loving pennies? The crazy hexadecimal concentration camp tattoos?

Edit otoh that Jacob wohl hit piece about her being a sexual monster was amazing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think what might have happened is that Elizabeth Warren grew up thinking she was part Native American, cause she thought she was cause that’s what her family told her her entire life.

Then she took a DNA test for the dumbest possible reason and it turned out to be not true. So she coulda just said “ok well my idiot parents didn’t have 23 and me 50 years ago so we all thought we were Cherokee but I guess we aren’t, my bad”

i wonder if she could not, because she's supposed to be an intelligent and sympathetic member of the academy, and you'd have to be either a completely unaware ignoramus or a cynical snake to have repeated your parents story, even in the 90s

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

that was honestly weirder than almost anything trump ever did

he lives there was the single funniest trump moment and we only have it thanks to warren so for that and only that i'm thankful to her

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

the NYT should have just closed up shop after they co-endorsed both Klob and Warren, then neither of them even ended up with so much as a throwaway cabinet gig like Mayo Rat got

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ex post facho posted:

I’m giving this three Pinocchios.

They can’t control both houses of the Nebraska legislature. It only has one house.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ex post facho posted:

watching is the correct verb for the democrats here

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ex post facho posted:

Dems eager to get in on that one-party state pie through successful pandering and staying out of the way

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Doc Hawkins posted:

i wonder if she could not, because she's supposed to be an intelligent and sympathetic member of the academy, and you'd have to be either a completely unaware ignoramus or a cynical snake to have repeated your parents story, even in the 90s

i'm sorry but, it's actually both racist and misogynist to call a proud native american woman a snake

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm not giving Elizabeth Warren the benefit of the doubt on anything because she has absolutely proven she doesn't deserve it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jabberlock posted:

Dems eager to get in on that one-party state pie through successful pandering and staying out of the way

democrats needs a strong republican party

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think she is stupid as hell and didn't really know how ancestry dna tests work.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh wow one of her ancestors

checks notes

sometime around 1750 may have been a Native American.

Did I get that right?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

you missed the part where Harvard bragged about her being their first WOC professor and Warren listing herself as a minority in professional listings lol

quote:

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/fordham-piece-called-warren-harvard-laws-first-woman-of-color-123526

"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."
But the Fordham piece takes the description of Warren by Harvard Law beyond the boundaries of the Massachusetts school. Warren had described herself as a minority on a law professors' listing for several years, ending in 1995. She has said she wanted to meet people like herself, but stopped when she realized that's not what the listing was for.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm not giving Elizabeth Warren the benefit of the doubt on anything because she has absolutely proven she doesn't deserve it

loving thank you.

This is why I loving fly off the handle every time some dipshit lost on their way back to D&D comes in here with "maybe they're [some humanizing feature]." The benefit of the doubt is for people who haven't already committed atrocities.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 04:01 on May 1, 2022

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Lord of Pie posted:

the NYT should have just closed up shop after they co-endorsed both Klob and Warren, then neither of them even ended up with so much as a throwaway cabinet gig like Mayo Rat got
I mean they endorsed Hitler so they've got a loser streak going back many decades.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1520598412210544642

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Platystemon posted:

Oh wow one of her ancestors

checks notes

sometime around 1750 may have been a Native American.

Did I get that right?

some folks did dig up that around that time an ancestor of hers killed two native kids. it made the papers!

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

So the average debt is about 40k, sure this makes a dent but they’ve turned off payments for almost two years now and they think they can just turn payments back on after tossing this out? With record low savings and soaring inflation? How do they honestly think this is going to go? The American people will line up to vote for them after they do the smallest *something* they can possibly do?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nodelphi posted:

So the average debt is about 40k, sure this makes a dent but they’ve turned off payments for almost two years now and they think they can just turn payments back on after tossing this out? With record low savings and soaring inflation? How do they honestly think this is going to go? The American people will line up to vote for them after they do the smallest *something* they can possibly do?

they want to lose and use whining from powerlessness to fundraise but are at least societally aware enough to not want to be called liars on this specific promise so they are going to do something in a way that technically qualifies as doing something while helping as few people as possible

see the ACA

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Trabisnikof posted:

you missed the part where Harvard bragged about her being their first WOC professor and Warren listing herself as a minority in professional listings lol

lmao

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1520598412210544642

Where the gently caress are you Trevor

God I hate his enlightened Afrikaner observer schtick

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

boy that segregationist fella sure can hatemonger :dementia:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

well he fulfilled half of that with beau at least

Adbot