Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol if you aren't eating entire orders of sushi in one bite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHYs18YRDdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Nigiri should always be eaten in one bite. Biting it half way and destroying the rice because your dainty little gaijin mouth can't handle a piece of food literally designed to be the perfect size for human mouths is extremely shameful.

I guess some people put pickled ginger on their nigiri but imo it overwhelms the flavor of the fish. Ginger is great to add onto sushi rolls and stuff that already has a strong flavor, but if I'm paying bank for high quality slices of apex predator over rice, I don't want the predominant flavors to be ginger vinegar and soy sauce.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Devils Affricate posted:

if I'm paying bank for high quality slices of apex predator over rice, I don't want the predominant flavors to be ginger vinegar and soy sauce.

Soy sauce can be considered an apex predator, looking at the number of old people around here with blood pressure issues.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

North american sushi loves to do stupidly fat rolls that are as girthy as a coke can and requires a snake-jaw to eat correctly in one bite.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

North american sushi loves to do stupidly fat rolls that are as girthy as a coke can and requires a snake-jaw to eat correctly in one bite.

Sure dissect that garbage as necessary, I was talking about nigiri

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Anyone in China right now - buy this and tell me what it's like:

I've been looking for those for YEARS. Still can't find any.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Devils Affricate posted:

Sure dissect that garbage as necessary, I was talking about nigiri

NOW that's something i'd pay to see, a big america-jin nigiri that you gotta deep throat

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
jesus christ!!!

quote:

The piece of salmon sushi at ROLLN came out to 70 pounds. Owners David Tam and Gavin Tseng hail from Australia and are celebrating the one year anniversary of ROLLN. Tam tells us, “We wanted to do something fun that is in line with what we do, which is make sushi. This came to mind as something crazy but we thought, I think we can actually do this, let’s give it a shot. It turned out really well.”
https://untappedcities.com/2020/01/16/behold-the-worlds-largest-nigiri-sushi-was-just-made-in-nyc/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wrong thread

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol

you're supposed to use the ginger like a brush to apply soy sauce, I'm not even joking

it's big sushi

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Welp, a co-worker failed to control his desire for freedom.

Strode past the barrier of his locked-down community, went to a park to (allegedly) get drunk, was predictably not allowed back through the gate, got all punchy on camera, failed to prevail against a small cluster of baoan, and last I heard was in the police station.

A sad, disappointing end to the sad, disappointing China career of a sad, disappointing man.

A lot of expats aren't exactly stable to begin with, and current events are winding their internal departure clocks down at double speed. In this case, he ended up seeking deportation by cop.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

peanut posted:

lol

you're supposed to use the ginger like a brush to apply soy sauce, I'm not even joking

it's big sushi

Then how are you supposed to spill too much on it, and ruin it?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Atopian posted:

Welp, a co-worker failed to control his desire for freedom.

Strode past the barrier of his locked-down community, went to a park to (allegedly) get drunk, was predictably not allowed back through the gate, got all punchy on camera, failed to prevail against a small cluster of baoan, and last I heard was in the police station.

A sad, disappointing end to the sad, disappointing China career of a sad, disappointing man.

A lot of expats aren't exactly stable to begin with, and current events are winding their internal departure clocks down at double speed. In this case, he ended up seeking deportation by cop.

Only disappointing because he didn't win :madmax:

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Only disappointing because he didn't win :madmax:

He wasn't the sort to win.

Now, one guy who got deported around 4 years back managed to beat the entire 3-strong squad of policemen sent to bring him in for public drunken antics, only going down when the rest arrived.
Foreigners in town were approached cautiously yet firmly for maybe a year after that.

This recent one was just some sad flailing by all accounts.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
so after fighting a couple officers you still get to get deported?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Apparently CCTV displayed a map showing which countries would receive Russian territory after its collapse:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the most fuckin unbelievable part is the japan bit imo

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

my homie dhall posted:

so after fighting a couple officers you still get to get deported?

The guy I talked about got beaten up, fined, then deported.
Spent a couple of weeks in prison while that was in progress.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Norway sharing a land border with China and Mongolia would be pretty funny...

But lol at the idea of any sane country desiring even a cm of Russian clay. Theyre gonna have to stew in their own juices over there.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

That's the thing that's great about Zhengzhou, lots of stories that start like that and end with "he continued to be a model citizen loved by all."

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

McGavin posted:

Apparently CCTV displayed a map showing which countries would receive Russian territory after its collapse:

Somebody never played Risk if they're just giving Kamchatka to the US like that

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McGavin posted:

Japan sharing a land border with China :stare:

They could call it New Nanjing.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i have trouble believing china would just let mongolia be if russia collapsed tomorrow, isn't mongolia up there with vladivostok on the list of "chinese territories that russia stole from us during the century of humiliation"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm the five kilometer sliver of coastline instead of Japan just getting all of Sakhalin (which should be Japan's anyway for pretty island borders reasons).

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://i.imgur.com/Yi654KX.mp4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

McGavin posted:

I don't think even the craziest of crazies in Finland would ever want to receive so much Russian territory.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

McGavin posted:

This is an older map and it displays "Which country would you be closest to in Russia at any particular point," apparently.

The fact that it's in English should probably have been a hint that CCTV wasn't displaying it for domestic consumption.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

McGavin posted:

All this map is actually showing is the nearest foreign border, though if the U.S. does somehow end up in possession of Kamchatka I know where I'm spending my next Thanksgiving

edit: yeah, what the guy above me said

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
It's a firesale, Russia is auctioning off those territories and those countries are the highest bidders.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HIJK posted:

It's a firesale, Russia is auctioning off those territories and those countries are the highest bidders.

It's literally the only way to thwart the Oltermanni-cartels. No Russia, no sanctions. No sanctions, no contraband cheese. No contraband cheese, no smugglers. Bing bong desmugglification achieved.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I get what that map is doing but hot drat that is a trollish way to show it. Imagine the amount of confused butthurt that we'd see if someone made one for China and the netizens got a hold of it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Devils Affricate posted:

I get what that map is doing but hot drat that is a trollish way to show it. Imagine the amount of confused butthurt that we'd see if someone made one for China and the netizens got a hold of it.

pop some bootleg NED and NATO and USAID logos on it and you could probably stir up a mild international incident

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

You block me on SA, Im coming in like this to finish the discussion.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Give it all to North Korea

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The shining remake lookin pretty good.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the most fuckin unbelievable part is the japan bit imo

"We aren't going to take all of the island we once owned half of and wanted to own completely, we're just going to take some useless coast."

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Getting into a drunken brawl is a very "expat in Thailand" move.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Look he's white, he shouldn't be subject to oppression like he's one of the locals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The sense of entitlement of being able to go outside and get things you need to "survive" is just disgusting.

"I'm out of fooooooood" :rolleyes:

what bunch of wieners