Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Brodeur used to be pretty active in the Vancouver art scene actually. You'd see him more often than not at any Vancouver art gallery opening. Real nice guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Apparently that's actually Brent Burns.

https://twitter.com/kaapokahkonen/status/1520492892350939136?s=21&t=wckZ1_JfHaxnU978043_iA

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

goldrush posted:

As for praying another Hughes is coming, the Canucks basically need Jack Rathbone to become a quality NHLer. Because aside from him, they have no prospects.

this just makes oel the most expensive third pairing dman in league history so i'm not sure even jack rathbone turning into a star can save the canucks blue line

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Miller would've lead the Rangers in points this year. That includes Artemi Panarin. I can't believe I'm saying this but he might be genuinely underrated league wide.

If the absolute best the Canucks could do in a Miller trade was Lundvkist and a 1st, I'd just resign him for 8x$9m and take the risk.

yeah I agree. thought it was very weird that he was included in with McDonagh in the Tampa trade. aside from Nils, that turned out to be not so good.

the Rangers should have kept him and Pavel long term IMO. they both are underrated for who know's what reason

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

e: sicko mode in me says Lundkvist/Jones/Kravtsov/or picks for Horvat and Miller both at 50% retained. Rangers go all-in next year and Canucks punt on the season and get a defense pair and a good/petulant young Russian. Gotta believe Horvat and Miller might be gone, so might as well trade them this summer, no? two years after the summer, Myers will be gone and Petersson/Hughes/Demko/Boeser/Garland/etc. are still young.

the canucks should trade horvat because he's never going to have more value and he's miscast as a leader and defensive center in vancouver. he's great at faceoffs and he can put up points both at even strength and on the power play so he's still got value but vancouver have lots of guys who can do that

i dunno the team has the guts to do it though. horvat has been pretty much the only consistent positive about the team since the benning regime took over

getting a young defense pairing that lines up with petersson/hughes/demko would be massive for the canucks

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

What I don't get, is why Miller isn't more popular in Vancouver. You go to the team store and it's Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, Horvat & Boeser. (And Sedins). I remember asking if they had any Miller jerseys and they went, "Maybe in the back of the rack, we don't sell many of those".
He's been the main driving force on the team this year and I think it would really hurt the team if he went elsewhere. Not just the points, but by setting the tempo and energy level. Horvat isn't that guy, neither it Petey.
Garland, maybe, but he needs to be a lot more consistent.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Swedish giant out here doing bobby orr impressions
https://twitter.com/IcehockeyG/status/1520708865570050048?s=20&t=PE29Z884GSwD_lap6Lc_RQ

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/tsn1200/status/1520768158537330689?s=21

Sell the team already so there is never another Pierre Dorion press conference

e: unrelated,

https://twitter.com/bringbacklee/status/1520506184691769344?s=21

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 1, 2022

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Sell the team already so there is never another Pierre Dorion press conference

The spirit of Melnyk lives on

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Interesting way to get people in the stands

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

we're going to be trash until you love us

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1520795563125530624?s=21&t=7dUdf8yHM2RQejm7RO2F5A

Oh for fucks sake

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ImplicitAssembler posted:

What I don't get, is why Miller isn't more popular in Vancouver. You go to the team store and it's Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, Horvat & Boeser. (And Sedins). I remember asking if they had any Miller jerseys and they went, "Maybe in the back of the rack, we don't sell many of those".
He's been the main driving force on the team this year and I think it would really hurt the team if he went elsewhere. Not just the points, but by setting the tempo and energy level. Horvat isn't that guy, neither it Petey.
Garland, maybe, but he needs to be a lot more consistent.

He's definitely a fan favourite and was just voted the team's most exciting player at the team awards, but at the same time he's always felt like a "temporary Canuck". The vibe around him that I've always felt is that he's not gonna be a guy that signs here long term. I think the fanbase feels that and is a bit wary about it. If he signs for 8 years then obviously that will change immediately.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

It's still the same season where he stepped down as head coach because it was shown he knew about a player being sexually abused.

The dumb loving people

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vegas is 100% gonna sign him

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I think someone is trying to sneak in an overage player into their peewee team.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Nashville, Carolina, Montreal and Pittsburgh have all shown us this year that they dont give a poo poo about that stuff either so there is definitely a market for an rear end in a top hat like him!

e: Guess there is also the Philly option because FAS apparently cant have nice things.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Yyyyyyyep.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Nashville, Carolina, Montreal and Pittsburgh have all shown us this year that they dont give a poo poo about that stuff either so there is definitely a market for an rear end in a top hat like him!

e: Guess there is also the Philly option because FAS apparently cant have nice things.

I missed whatever those five teams did. One of them signed DeAngelo, maybe?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Arivia posted:

I missed whatever those five teams did. One of them signed DeAngelo, maybe?

pittsburgh: a wilkes barre head coach was accused of sexually assaulting another employee's wife and when he found out, GM Bill Guerin tried to get them to keep hush hush about the assault
montreal: drafted the kid who secretly took pictures of him having sex with someone and then showed them around/revealed the person's identity so he got charged with invasion of privacy/defamation
in addition to deangelo, there were also rumors the hurricanes were looking at virtanen after he was accused of rape

not sure what happened "this year" for the preds but time isn't real and austin watson and mike ribeiro are both still fresh enough in our heads i guess

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I completely forgot about this and thought Q was still coaching Florida

Who is coaching Florida?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Yes but none of those teams need a coach.

Philly I guess, but that roster stinks, not sure why Quennville would go there.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I completely forgot about this and thought Q was still coaching Florida

Who is coaching Florida?

Brunette, he stepped up from assistant to interim head and should keep the job imo. (Montreal is similarly insane if they don’t keep St. Louis imo)

Thanks for the refresher on lovely stuff around the league, Aye Doc.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
It's going to be Dallas if Bowness is not retained lol.. the perfect combination for coach Q of a team that is a playoff team (I guess.. borderline at least) with no media to speak of so he won't get too much scrutiny. Vegas makes alot of sense too.. you would think that Quenneville would be looking for a spot where he can bounce into the playoffs right away because I don't know how many years that guy has left.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

glad to be there to remind you of the horrors and despairs of life at any time, pal. we're in this posting journey together

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Aw poo poo it's gonna be the Jets.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Zero chance the Jets sign him after they dodged that bullet once with Chevy and Chipman cried on camera.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Zero chance the Jets sign him after they dodged that bullet once with Chevy and Chipman cried on camera.

It owns how gutless Chevyldayoff is, even Paul Maurice knew he was cooked and instead if firing him he literally just quit

No wonder the locker room is toxic in Winnipeg, who is gonna speak up about anything

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Q won't go to the Jets unless he has no other NHL options, but he will have several.

Edmonton will also try to hire him but see above. It'll probably be Vegas.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Not even a year and they're trying this poo poo? gently caress any team that does this

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Q won't go to the Jets unless he has no other NHL options, but he will have several.

Edmonton will also try to hire him but see above. It'll probably be Vegas.

Unless the Oilers get blown out 4 straight, Woodcroft is the coach next year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zaroff posted:

I don’t like Columbus, but I like Elvis - I was just thinking about that Guentzel moment from yesterdays game.

I’d be curious what conversations were made about the cannon - it’s a part of the teams identity, but given what happened over the summer (and especially given how Elvis has admitted it affected him), it seems a little tone deaf to have it go off virtually every home game.

I would imagine that, if he brought it to their attention, they would have been able to do something. The cannon flash and pyro which causes the boom are in two completely different places in the arena, so they could have done something like have the flash sync to the explosion in the AC/DC song.

Among other ceremonies, there was an entire pregame tribute to Kivi opening night, so they didn't take the accident lightly.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/scottbilleck/status/1520877377030664192?s=21

Sounding like Chevyldayoff might be forced to make some changes and actually do some work this summer

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/scottbilleck/status/1520877377030664192?s=21

Sounding like Chevyldayoff might be forced to make some changes and actually do some work this summer

Come to butthead.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Matt Zerella posted:

Come to butthead.

2 years left at $6.125mil, it’s a really good contract that Winnipeg can move right before he starts declining/becoming more of a locker room fuckhead

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wpgmurat/status/1520888695548788738?s=21&t=14QzI-Ye4am1FoCjd-NIdA

The jets locker room sounds delightful

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
It's going to be an interesting summer.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
schiefele sounds like a future oiler

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

So does Maurice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/NHLJetsNation/status/1520931255784816640

:lmao: