Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Raimi is an odd duck because Drag Me to Hell, and to a lesser extent Ash vs the Evil Dead, showed that he still fully has the chops to do the old Raimi magic with modern digital filmmaking when he wants to, but it seems like he doesn’t much want to. He seems content to be a producer.

To be fair, that wild camera poo poo has to be loving exhausting.
Which is more surprising that he would take on a giant project like Dr Strange 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jesus christ.

I'm anti-marvel now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Which is more surprising that he would take on a giant project like Dr Strange 2

"Hey do you want 50 million dollars?"
"Ok"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

https://twitter.com/thescarletprint/status/1519793274743136256?s=20&t=nEorMI0ZzIgOkMMbkcev7g

I don't know what it'll be just yet, but seems like that Twitter post is being called out for being somewhat bad faith.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean, drag me to hell was 13 years ago he only directed the pilot to ash vs evil dead

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1520116460294746114
https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1520117280058748928

According to Deadline, this is because Ant-Man 3 is further along in post-production (the global VFX pipeline is apparently backed up quite a bit)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

no great loss, his Spider-Man films were competent enough but he’s pretty replaceable

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1520145863078776834?s=21&t=Q_dbrwZjt-21pGhhRDhbhw

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Roger Corman is still alive, just sayin.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lager posted:

https://twitter.com/thescarletprint/status/1519793274743136256?s=20&t=nEorMI0ZzIgOkMMbkcev7g

I don't know what it'll be just yet, but seems like that Twitter post is being called out for being somewhat bad faith.

It's the same thing Marvel's been doing. Like I said, same thing with Gunn and Waititi. This isn't anything new.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Seems pretty likely that they didn't have a concrete story concept for the FF when they announced that movie and now that they actually figured it out Watts is either less interested or simply a worse fit for the material. I wouldn't call Watts a bad director by any means, but yeah, not a huge tragedy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arist posted:

Seems pretty likely that they didn't have a concrete story concept for the FF when they announced that movie and now that they actually figured it out Watts is either less interested or simply a worse fit for the material. I wouldn't call Watts a bad director by any means, but yeah, not a huge tragedy.

The story says he's burned out on superhero movies, which means it's probably best for everyone to move on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, that'd do it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheComicon/status/1520161083150848000?s=20&t=TjGwOFuaJC_TzOG7_fR2RQ

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wasn't aware Peyton Reed really wanted to do the FF movie. Honestly, I'd be fine with them just giving it to him, the Ant-Man movies have been nice and breezy (though the third one seems like it might buck that trend just from what little we already know about it).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I completely forgot that Watts was attached to the FF movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly after the first watch spidey 2 and 3 are pretty forgettable so i don't really mind

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

honestly after the first watch spidey 2 and 3 are pretty forgettable so i don't really mind

Yeah Maguire sucked.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I completely forgot that Watts was attached to the FF movie

As someone who follows movie news and especially comic movie stuff to a high degree, same. I wasn’t aware Marvel ever did anything beyond “here’s the ‘4’ logo IT’S HAPPENING”

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Retrowave Joe posted:

Roger Corman is still alive, just sayin.

I would legitimately love to see Roger Corman with a budget get to do a reboot of Fantastic Four.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Cael posted:

As someone who follows movie news and especially comic movie stuff to a high degree, same. I wasn’t aware Marvel ever did anything beyond “here’s the ‘4’ logo IT’S HAPPENING”

it was announced (along with the logo, iirc) at the Disney investor day in December 2020, but there hasn't been any news since then so I wouldn't blame anyone for forgetting

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Raimi is an odd duck because Drag Me to Hell, and to a lesser extent Ash vs the Evil Dead, showed that he still fully has the chops to do the old Raimi magic with modern digital filmmaking when he wants to, but it seems like he doesn’t much want to. He seems content to be a producer.

To be fair, that wild camera poo poo has to be loving exhausting.

He's probably adopting the John Carpenter method.

John Carpenter posted:

No. I don’t miss working. Working is hard because you have to get up in the morning.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1520116460294746114
https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1520117280058748928

According to Deadline, this is because Ant-Man 3 is further along in post-production (the global VFX pipeline is apparently backed up quite a bit)

It's because we all want to see Kang and we can't wait for our next dose

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

He's probably adopting the John Carpenter method.

I love that John just lives his best life these days: watches basketball, jams and sometimes tours with his son and puts out the occasional album, and plays a shitload of videogames. No Hollywood headaches bullshit required.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

I love that John just lives his best life these days: watches basketball, jams and sometimes tours with his son and puts out the occasional album, and plays a shitload of videogames. No Hollywood headaches bullshit required.

Yeah. That interview had him currently hip deep in Destiny 2. God bless.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Arist posted:

I wasn't aware Peyton Reed really wanted to do the FF movie.

Why would anyone want to do a FF movie? It's a cursed franchise.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

John Stamos is the new MCU Tony Stark?!

in cartoon Spidey and his Amazing Friends /

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

John Stamos is the new MCU Tony Stark?!

Isn't he just voicing the character in a cartoon?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Every time I have to recast Tony Stark STAMOOOOOOS! EVERYTIME I GO TO SHITPOST ON THE FORUMS AND SOMEOME MADE THE JOKE FOR ME IT'S STAMOS

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/RealScreenGeek/status/1520816818390282243?t=7UCLuAmCZYkvuLnhEI0uyA&s=19

Time to guess who this could be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't he one of the MCU white whales that they've been trying to get for a while? (Other one being Dan Radcliffe who has been turning them down for years.)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

is there a marvel equivalent to Hellblazer?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah they've really wanted Keanu for a while.

Most people would probably immediately put him as Johnny Blaze.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Black Bolt. Comes home one day to find Lockjaw has been killed. Pulls him out of retirement to hunt down the killers and make them pay.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Black Bolt. Comes home one day to find Lockjaw has been killed. Pulls him out of retirement to hunt down the killers and make them pay.

But we already have a Black Bolt!

Keanu will be playing Knull.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jamesman posted:

But we already have a Black Bolt!

Do we though? Do we really?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Medullah posted:

he's captain of the enterprise now, not a bad deal

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Yes, we do.

But we could always have more, I guess.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He'd make a good Beyonder but I'd imagine they'll want to resolve the Kang stuff before using him

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"Richards, you and your family are most totally heinous! Party on, Latveria!" :doom:

Gavok fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He has played a villain a couple of times and was pretty good at it.