Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Strange Quark posted:

*me looking at my 15 dollar standard ticket prices*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sb hermit posted:

Everything Everywhere is VERY good.

:agreed:

Loved that gaddang movie

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I have no idea how much it costs to see a movie because my brother picks out the movies and pays for the tickets. I'm responsible for my own snacks though if I want any. Saw Everything and it was really good though. The new Nic Cage movie we watched this week is also really good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

sb hermit posted:

Everything Everywhere is VERY Zen.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The regional theater chain in my area has a subscription program comparable to AMC's subscription thing so I just do that. Only takes two movies a month to be more than worth it and I tend to see more than that.

Also real nice to have because without having to think about the cost of an individual movie I can just stroll in and watch a movie without knowing a dang thing about it and sometimes have a good time of it (most recently that happened to me with The Outfit, which was a pleasant surprise).

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

marumaru posted:

i told them
i warned them about twitter

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Are kotatsus as comfy as they look in da pictures

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Are kotatsus as comfy as they look in da pictures

Yes

marumaru
May 20, 2013

STR very good so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me playing Super Robot Wars 30: Hey, these Magic Knight Rayearth girls look pretty cool. Lemme look up the series.

Oh, it turns out that TMS' official Youtube channel has just started putting up the show free to watch with episodes coming out weekly. Funny how things work out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj2Ugc-vxcWEEtzS-9xtgcWLIgB2ZlswK

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rayearth's decent though s1 is mostly a pretty repetitive magical girl fantasy adventure anime with some neat visuals until like the last couple eps bring out the more interesting ideas of the story. s2 is more bloated but it's where all the cool stuff they pull for srw comes from

manga's also, a lot shorter and really bizarre in a completely different way, rayearth 2 is basically near entirely different between the anime and the manga.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wow it certainly gets right to the chase, huh? Zero to isekai in like two minutes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
most old isekai anime do tbh. dunbine is literally like, he's riding a motorcycle for about thirty seconds before lightning zaps him and he's isekai'd, and that's where all the fantasy mecha around that time are getting their influence from

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escaflowne takes a whole episode but it's an episode of Van being cool and fighting a dragon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also man, there's just a certain texture to the aesthetic of 90s fantasy anime that I always adore.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also man, there's just a certain texture to the aesthetic of 90s fantasy anime that I always adore.

:yeah:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:same:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Do people actually bite Popsicles? I intensely dislike hearing the sound it makes in anime.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do people actually bite Popsicles? I intensely dislike hearing the sound it makes in anime.

How many licks does it take to eat a popsicle? Nobody knows.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Raenir Salazar posted:

probably if you're an adult

the best way to stop it from making a mess is to bite off a chunk. Whatever's left on the stick is still ice cold and doesn't melt as fast.

Otherwise, if you let it melt on the stick by just sucking on it, it eventually gets everywhere and it makes a mess

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yes. There's something that's more satisfying about chewing on a big chunk of food than just slowly licking/sucking it away. Same thing with lollipops like tootsie roll pops or blow pops, I'd suck them a little to soften them up, but then I'd crunch the whole thing in my mouth.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't bite it with my teeth because the experience of doing so gives me the willies but if it's melted enough to break loose then yeah

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Julias posted:

Yes. There's something that's more satisfying about chewing on a big chunk of food than just slowly licking/sucking it away. Same thing with lollipops like tootsie roll pops or blow pops, I'd suck them a little to soften them up, but then I'd crunch the whole thing in my mouth.

Mix. posted:

I don't bite it with my teeth because the experience of doing so gives me the willies but if it's melted enough to break loose then yeah

I think it's one thing if its soft like oreo icecream or similar where it's chunky to basically use your gums/lips/tongue to break it up; but using your teeth where it makes that "biting" crushing sound like in anime is where I draw the line. Teeth are not meant to bite into cold things. The willies thing is exactly what I'm talking about except I can feel it whenever I hear it; I hate synthesia. :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dipped popsicles: hell yeah bite that poo poo

ice popsicles: fun to bite

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When I see Ryoma Nagare from the hit anime and manga series Getter Robo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd be worried too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He seems nice.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

:mrgw:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Julias eating a banana

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

I think its because it was still actual ink to pen until what, 2000?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There is that, but there's also something about like the design sensibilities. Like how characters, environments, creatures, and even like armor is designed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

There is that, but there's also something about like the design sensibilities. Like how characters, environments, creatures, and even like armor is designed.

The designs were all varied and felt larger than life whereas modern fantasy/isekai very much seems to be rooted in very generic designs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Julias eating a banana

Why would I suck on a banana?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think it's one thing if its soft like oreo icecream or similar where it's chunky to basically use your gums/lips/tongue to break it up; but using your teeth where it makes that "biting" crushing sound like in anime is where I draw the line. Teeth are not meant to bite into cold things. The willies thing is exactly what I'm talking about except I can feel it whenever I hear it; I hate synthesia. :(

the secret is to not go full send with your teeth, but instead you lick/suck on it a bit, which lets you then lightly press your teeth against it. it's not supposed to be a full bite, just a gentle use of your teeth, very light

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

:mrgw:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
But can you tuna fish?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Raenir Salazar posted:

no i 100% understand that i have a visceral reaction to chalkboard noises or some metal scraping because i feel a like phantom sensation on my teeth and its very bad to experience :stonk:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Julias posted:

why not? you got anything important going on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Julias posted:

I just found an excuse to post Griffin doing the cronch on that banana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mix. posted:

no i 100% understand that i have a visceral reaction to chalkboard noises or some metal scraping because i feel a like phantom sensation on my teeth and its very bad to experience :stonk:

Thank you!!! There's also something that elicits the feeling of biting a plastic spoon turned sideways but I forget what does that.