Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I’ve seen people suggest Silver Surfer, although it seems like a waste to cgi up Keanu that much. Adam Warlock could have been a good fit but he’s already been cast.

I saw someone suggest Dracula for the Blade movie, and i am all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I could see Keanu as an older withdrawn Reed. It would be cool if they avoided the origin poo poo entirely and just started with the whole family and kids and gave us Future Foundation within their first few appearances.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/bosslogic/status/1520784879675355136?s=10&t=Qs2Pnz1pSSES-hkFNor-aw

Critics screening is tomorrow so after that I’m sure the floodgates will truly be open

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

F4 should 100% be a 60's version pulled into the main MCU due to multiverse shenanigans. Skip the origin. Keep the 60's camp (minus the rampant misogyny).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hulk Smash! posted:

F4 should 100% be a 60's version pulled into the main MCU due to multiverse shenanigans. Skip the origin. Keep the 60's camp (minus the rampant misogyny).

I’m pulling for them to just ape the Brady Bunch movie but I doubt it’ll happen. Even with a time skip you need to try and differentiate it from Captain Marvel

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
multiverse nick fury

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How reliable is Giant Freaking Robot on the scale of Variety to We Got This Covered? They apparently broke it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dawgstar posted:

How reliable is Giant Freaking Robot on the scale of Variety to We Got This Covered? They apparently broke it.

James Gunn dunks on them pretty regularly I think.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/bosslogic/status/1520784879675355136?s=10&t=Qs2Pnz1pSSES-hkFNor-aw

Critics screening is tomorrow so after that I’m sure the floodgates will truly be open

Right now there are images of the Illuminati. But the whole plot has been leaked as well. So I dunno how much more they can open outside of like, the whole movie showing up on video.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I saw some supposed leaked footage while looking for a Wandavision summary for my wife on YouTube. Not safe there either.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

James Gunn dunks on them pretty regularly I think.

That's where I heard the name. They seem to be the pretty standard 'unsourced rumor + press release' mill. It's a pretty easy layup of a guess that you can then retroactively claim to be right about.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Hulk Smash! posted:

I would like them to show up at the end of Quantumania having been trapped in the Quantum Realm since the 60s and Scott gets them out. Then the F4 can be about how they got stuck in the Quantum Realm and got powers from that vs whatever the normal place they got stuck and got powers.

Then going forward they’d have some sort of beef with Kang from him ruling the Quantum Realm and their time there.

That or Moleman.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Nah have uncle moley adopt spiderman

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao if that dr strange spoiler I saw is true. gently caress that

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
There were pictures that people were posting, that Marvel copyright claimed, so I'm going to assume that there's some truth to what is being said.

We'll find out by the end of this week I guess. But like I said, we already have a Black Bolt.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Looks like the Marvel Cinematic Universe really is CIA propaganda. :newlol:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If Krasinski is seriously going to be taking on the role of Reed, then every single bit of my anticipation for the F4 film has evaporated.

That is absolute bottom of the barrel “we take casting cues from twitter” creative cowardice.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Bring back Hornblower you cowards!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm not sure why people are so dead set on the FF being some out-of-time thing, when Hollywood already has an FF movie that is about found family going on increasingly ludicrous adventures that has proven that the core setup works just fine in a modern context.

It even has it's own equally outdated tertiary elements I mean, street racing? Pfblt

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 2, 2022

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If Krasinski is seriously going to be taking on the role of Reed, then every single bit of my anticipation for the F4 film has evaporated.

That is absolute bottom of the barrel “we take casting cues from twitter” creative cowardice.
I think the rumors say that he dies? so they can still cast whomever whenever they get that F4 movie made.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 2, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He's from another universe they can cast whoever they for MCU Reed

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's okay to use this thread to talk about leaks and stuff, but please be mindful about spoiler tags. Talking about what the leaks might mean for specific future films and casting choices leans a little close to openly talking about the leaks themselves.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spoiler/leak chat: im seriously having a hard time thinking of a worse casting choice for Reed than the one they did lmao god drat what a wank of a fan cast. Hoping this being a multi-verse illuminati that this isn’t the Reed the MCU sticks with but loving hell why even do this.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

See you guys in about a week

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lobok posted:

Why do I keep forgetting this is a Raimi joint when it's the main selling point.

Because it's not, the possibility of a Secret Bats Origin Movie is the main selling point

Also the secret Keanu role isn't hard to figure out, he's gonna be Glob in the X-Men movie

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So despite casting just getting announced the rumor is that the Wonder Twins movie is already cancelled.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

So despite casting just getting announced the rumor is that the Wonder Twins movie is already cancelled.

lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

muscles like this! posted:

As it should be

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They just used No Way Home to set up multi-verse and all that so it's comical to me to assume this means, well, anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

Every time I have to recast Tony Stark STAMOOOOOOS! EVERYTIME I GO TO SHITPOST ON THE FORUMS AND SOMEOME MADE THE JOKE FOR ME IT'S STAMOS

Have you seen my posting history? ITS A MESS!

Lol that spoiler. Okay, whatever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Part of the rumor is that it is due to the merger.

Also premieres are getting earlier and earlier as my local theater is starting Dr Strange showings at 3pm on Thursday.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Saw it last night, loved it.

If Kevin Feige doesn't hand Sam Raimi and Michael Waldron the keys to whatever the big team up/Avengers movie event is coming up next, he's nuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope not bc I don’t want Sam Raimi to make marvel movies forever. I want more of a Darkman thing.

But I’m stoked. Sam Raimi is my favorite director, my inspiration for everything ever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I hope not bc I don’t want Sam Raimi to make marvel movies forever. I want more of a Darkman thing.

But I’m stoked. Sam Raimi is my favorite director, my inspiration for everything ever.

Doing some Marvel movies doesn't mean that's all you make. Like Gunn and Waititi have made things between movies.

You do the Marvel movie, go off and make your own project because Marvel's paid you enough to where you don't have to worry about it too much, then do another one.

If they're planning a Midnight Suns movie, Raimi would be a good choice for that. Keep him in the horror/supernatural side.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I read a while back that the reason Derrickson left and was replaced with Raimi was because of Derrickson's horror sensibility being more focused on stuff like shock and jump scares, while Raimi wanted more cosmic horror-type stuff. I dunno how true it is, but I'm a huge wuss so I'm grateful for the change if it's accurate.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The BBC gave it five out of five stars. Spoilers in the last couple of paragraphs though!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Overall Dr. Strange 2 reviews seem to trend towards the key point of liking the movie is whether or not you "get" Sam Raimi

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arist posted:

I read a while back that the reason Derrickson left and was replaced with Raimi was because of Derrickson's horror sensibility being more focused on stuff like shock and jump scares, while Raimi wanted more cosmic horror-type stuff. I dunno how true it is, but I'm a huge wuss so I'm grateful for the change if it's accurate.

Derrickson wanted more modern horror and feige wanted more evil dead 2 style horror.

Which is jumpscares and gore for fun.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Blockhouse posted:

Overall Dr. Strange 2 reviews seem to trend towards the key point of liking the movie is whether or not you "get" Sam Raimi

CelticPredator posted:

Derrickson wanted more modern horror and feige wanted more evil dead 2 style horror.

:getin:

I haven’t been this excited for a marvel flick in ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CelticPredator posted:

Ah, okay, thanks