Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Just as common as the garage queens finally being sold with massively overpriced ads but tons of custom parts! ( Tons of plastic chrome and piece of poo poo things that are actually dangerous)

Or better the muscle bikes or supermotos that cost as much as a new car, that have an insurance cost per month that's equal to the bike payment or more.

Even better add that to someone that bought it with no riding experience, tried riding it once and absolutely was to scared to touch it again because it has more power then anything they have ever drove and they have no idea how to control it.

So so many of those stories. Even more so when put into perspective on who typically buys new bikes.

Why yes my friend, a 1000cc super bike is not a good beginner bike. Nor is that Indian with 1800 cc of an engine.

We go for the monster bikes when we feel we are ready after a few years, and buy them cheap from desperate people, because we like big engines that go really really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

2015 Honda CBR
1600 miles
$4,200

Price is firm, I would like to sell it this week. Clean title, I bought it new. Bike weighs 425 pounds and gets 71 mpg. Comes with $50 Tank bag and a carry spider net.No accidents, garage kept, never have time to ride it, I have twin autistic boys who I support. ANo trades.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Are these any good, or do they just look cool?

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

looks like the same forks and brake setup as a first gen sv650. rideable for sure. but nothing to write home about.

also im pretty sure they stopped manufacturing those tires it has on it in like 2013??! so its deff not been ridden much. those are the tires that came stock on 2nd gen sv650’s. they were not that great even when new

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

FBS posted:

Are these any good, or do they just look cool?

Just don't. Even thinking they look cool should be enough to put you on some kind of watchlist.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They are more related to the old gsxrs than the SV

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They are a gsxr600 fork grafted into a piece of victorian railroad iron which has a lovely detuned Gixxer engine attached. Standing back and realising they've made a piece of garbage, Suzuki compensated by putting ona bunch of useless vents and hinting they are somehow analogous to the ones on a testarossa. They are also physically gigantic, like Hayabusa scale. Just garbage. Get a thunder ace if you really want something like that, those don't suck at all.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I blew all my cash on the 919, whatever I post for at least the next three months is going to be idle curiosity rather than anything I'm threatening to buy.

I do think they look cool. I wasn't around early enough to hear what they were like to ride so I just saw the pictures when I was 20 and became smitten.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you

FBS posted:

2015 Honda CBR
1600 miles
$4,200

Price is firm, I would like to sell it this week. Clean title, I bought it new. Bike weighs 425 pounds and gets 71 mpg. Comes with $50 Tank bag and a carry spider net.No accidents, garage kept, never have time to ride it, I have twin autistic boys who I support. ANo trades.

Reminds me of this: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/d/dumfries-2003-honda-cbr-rr/7475806347.html

quote:

2003 Honda CBR 600rr for sale. title in hand.

downed once. minor scratches. runs very clean,
selling because i dont need to go this fast.
perfect 1st bike for a semi responsible beginner.

akrapovic pipe. (i have stock pipe)
have a sub yellow bike windshield if you would like tp replace clear screen.
anime stickers on bike.
willing to remove, prefer not to.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ehh there's anime and then there's q-anon punisher sticker, let's not conflate the two

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

That’s the sweet spot, just been run in.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

One of the best bikes Honda ever made. I wouldn't be worried about the miles. If everything works and major service isn't due that's a good deal.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They suck soo much to ride though. And have really hosed up ergonomics that make no sense to me.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Well I think the dad bike thread has gone too far.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hurry the gently caress up Paul :f5:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
there's nothing in those pictures that can't be undone. now, what's he done while dadifying that ZRX that we can't see that's completely hosed it

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Still room for a top box there.

I have found it, the douchiest ad ever:
https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/carpinteria-the-history-of-this-bike-is/7484892009.html

quote:

The history of this bike is not a “generic blue book”. - $3,000
For years I have ridden through unique and dangerous landscapes. Now I am letting go. A warhorse not suited for where I am relocating. Honor, respect, and protection are required for this bike, it's a survivor. Not a blue-book generic motorcycle.

Here are the upgrades:
A rear Progressive Suspension system (amazingly comfortable). New battery with pigtails (USB adaptor for cell phone charging). Upgraded EMU (programmable with CD).

Less than two years ago:
Installed a new chain and sprocket kit (with a slight change in ratio for improved torque). Recently upholstered original seat with custom leather side bags. Synthetic oil change with a K&N oil filter, new spark plugs, front and rear tires, and brake pads.

Includes:
A new set of carburetor rebuild kits (uninstalled), an owner’s manual, and an extra set of keys.

The bike needs to be trailed out (cannot be ridden out) because the carburetors (kit included) need to be cleaned.

I will include a brand new motorcycle ramp because of its current condition.

Serious inquiries only.

I will receive offers until 5 pm Wednesday night (5/18) & I will get back to you on Thursday.

Thank You.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
"recently reupholstered" = did a lovely job stapling some cheap vinyl to it. The back of that seat looks like a loaded diaper

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

"it's a survivor"
"needs to be trailered out."

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

They suck soo much to ride though. And have really hosed up ergonomics that make no sense to me.
Every time I ride one I think "What's the point of this thing? Just get a VFR"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Includes:
A new set of carburetor rebuild kits (uninstalled)

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The saddest story:
Carburetor kits
uninstalled

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

i guess the 400 was too much bike for them?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Not enough funny mods aftermarket.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He rode it once and immediately thought 'this bike isn't anywhere near stupid or useless enough'

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Stupid and useless, you say.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1014310692526589/

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fucken Chappie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At_C4jfxEg0
Doing ktm crimes

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Thanks I hate it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

More like Dook lmao!

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Why does this keep happening.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Seeing extended swing arms on these low HP bikes is lol.

"Hi Brady, WHAT THE CHRIST"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What a Brady bunch of garbage

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Why are all the stretched swingarm bikes in or near MKE??

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
hundred feet of elevation gain in a thousand miles.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
All the idiots with cheap low displacement bikes that was all they could afford get the extended swingarm. On any bike (even a dedicated drag bike) it's how you know the person is brain damaged and not worth interacting with. Kinda like thin blue line punisher skulls.

People on groms and rucks and such love it. It's just the trashiest waste of a human thing that anyone can do. I respect people with stuck on hood scoops more (but only barely).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I can respect actual drag bikes but imagine being so mentally destitute that the funnest thing you can think of to do with a bike is accelerating in a straight line

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

I actually hit 70mph on the VanVan speedo yesterday on level ground while crouched down with an almost empty gas tank. Would a longer swingarm help me break the 72mph barrier and get the chicken home faster?

e; okay I googled the longer swingarm thing, can a stock Vitpilen 401 do a power wheelie?

Remy Marathe fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 26, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It will absolutely do a little power wheelie, what it can't do is backflip or spend any real time with the front in the air unless you're trying to do it on purpose.

None of that matters cause none of these people are doing it for any kind of engineering reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

I can respect actual drag bikes but imagine being so mentally destitute that the funnest thing you can think of to do with a bike is accelerating in a straight line

Show me an actual drag bike with an aliexpress extended swingarm bolt on. I wasn't aware that they could really take that sort of load.