Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sony not jumping at the opportunity is also weird. Maybe they didn't think it was worth the negative pr of eventually closing the lesser studios. Plus they might not value the TR IP as highly cause of Uncharted (though an official crossover could've been cool).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Sony not jumping at the opportunity is also weird. Maybe they didn't think it was worth the negative pr of eventually closing the lesser studios. Plus they might not value the TR IP as highly cause of Uncharted (though an official crossover could've been cool).

Im assuming don't need tomb raider+staff is tied up with MS currently+still buying Bungie for 10 times the price

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Giving up Tomb Raider and Deus Ex to fund our NFT addiction but at least we kept hold of that valuable Outriders IP :shepface:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rarity posted:

Giving up Tomb Raider and Deus Ex to fund our NFT addiction but at least we kept hold of that valuable Outriders IP :shepface:

I might be wrong, but I don't think they own Outriders.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it was mentioned they still own the IP. they didn't develop it but they did publish it, presumably owning the IP was part of the publishing deal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holding the IP means you can do awesome things.

Like do HD remasters of Snake Eater for Pachinko Machines.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Infinitum posted:

Holding the IP means you can do awesome things.

Like do HD remasters of Snake Eater for Pachinko Machines.

What a thrill ...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i don't know if it got into the release listings earlier but the makai kingdom/zhp rerelease is out in a week and I'm mighty tempted

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

i don't know if it got into the release listings earlier but the makai kingdom/zhp rerelease is out in a week and I'm mighty tempted

Oh snap, I really liked ZHP and never beat Makai Kingdom. Hope they run good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

code:
_____/\\\\\\\\\\\\_____/\\\\\\\\\_____/\\\\____________/\\\\__/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\_____/\\\\\\\\\\\___        
 ___/\\\//////////____/\\\\\\\\\\\\\__\/\\\\\\________/\\\\\\_\/\\\///////////____/\\\/////////\\\_       
  __/\\\______________/\\\/////////\\\_\/\\\//\\\____/\\\//\\\_\/\\\______________\//\\\______\///__      
   _\/\\\____/\\\\\\\_\/\\\_______\/\\\_\/\\\\///\\\/\\\/_\/\\\_\/\\\\\\\\\\\_______\////\\\_________     
    _\/\\\___\/////\\\_\/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\_\/\\\__\///\\\/___\/\\\_\/\\\///////___________\////\\\______    
     _\/\\\_______\/\\\_\/\\\/////////\\\_\/\\\____\///_____\/\\\_\/\\\_____________________\////\\\___   
      _\/\\\_______\/\\\_\/\\\_______\/\\\_\/\\\_____________\/\\\_\/\\\______________/\\\______\//\\\__  
       _\//\\\\\\\\\\\\/__\/\\\_______\/\\\_\/\\\_____________\/\\\_\/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\_\///\\\\\\\\\\\/___ 
        __\////////////____\///________\///__\///______________\///__\///////////////____\///////////_____

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

mods, change the name of the thread to "AI, Blockchain and the Cloud"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The three genres

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You forgot the D

DEEZ GAMES

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we’re talkin softball

Whizzing Wizard posted:

"AI, Blockchain and the Cloud"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Now I know my ABCs
Next time won't you grift with me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

You forgot the D

DEEZ GAMES

What's ligames?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

but who owns Gex now???

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Andrast posted:

but who owns Gex now???

The people

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

NFTs don't seem like they've been very successful but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places

sometimes I'll click the "spaces" tab on twitter though and all it shows me are people whose entire identity is crypto + conspiracy theories

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

NFTs don't seem like they've been very successful but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places

sometimes I'll click the "spaces" tab on twitter though and all it shows me are people whose entire identity is crypto + conspiracy theories

They have done ridiculously poorly for everyone not running a scam or committing crimes or are Konami, but hey maybe SE will crack the code

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Games obvs includes board games too, I recently purchased all of the Dixit expansions from the internet. I think I have miscalculated how much room they will take up, but never mind.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
AI, Blockchain, and Cloud are the protagonists of FFVII Remaster Part II

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

Games obvs includes board games too, I recently purchased all of the Dixit expansions from the internet. I think I have miscalculated how much room they will take up, but never mind.

I hate when there's not enough space for my Dixit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

oddium posted:

i have mostly finished making the ss dolphin from empty containers and junk

this owns

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is a very gross avatar - I am fixing it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

tyvm

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

quote:

Graduate of Dumb Bitch U.
Major: Eating poo poo
GPA: 4.0

I dunno, seems legit :thunkher:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The ever-brilliant VideoGames

Rarity the Gamer.

SNU the graduated Dung Eater.

And Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-knowing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Saint Freak posted:

The ever-brilliant VideoGames

Rarity the Gamer.

SNU the graduated Dung Eater.

And Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-knowing.

FF16's main party looking liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does this mean Embracer owns Gex

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Can anyone truly 'own' Gex

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Does this mean Embracer owns Gex

they own 100 copies of Gex, it's become very confusing for fans of 100 gecs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who owns the rights to Asura's Wrath and when are we getting a remaster so I can play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wKk3RIsv8

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

lih posted:

they've apparently been wanting to sell their western division for a while and have obviously mismanaged them (forcing all these studios to completely switch genres to make marvel games which significantly underperformed) but it's still a huge bargain

microsoft mightn't have been able to make a move due to being tied up with the activision acquisition for the time being

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1521017861803704321

square says this sale gives them more money to invest in blockchain nonsense and have kept the rights to just cause, outriders, and life is strange. none of those were developed by the studios being sold, just published by square's western division.

yeah, looking at other acquisitions over the past year or two, definitely seems undervalued, even with all of SE's mismanagement. surprised SE didn't hold out for a better offer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

Who owns the rights to Asura's Wrath and when are we getting a remaster so I can play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wKk3RIsv8

It's always been Capcom.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wanna see a Gex competitor developed by Geico.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So does this mean we can finally get freedom fighters 2

TheWarmaster
Apr 16, 2022
yhh but a lot of people get IPs to let them diiiieeeeeee, i dont understand whyyyy when some have so much potential, its infuriating. BUUUUT masquerade im looking forward to, the proper one not these small episodic like releases. Its Eve online until something worthy enough comes along to retake my social life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It's always been Capcom.

If we all pool our money together do you think we could afford Capcom?