Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Westfield on a weekend? Brave man.

Lady, actually.

But yeah, it was either that or Leicester Square, I assumed that was the lesser of two evils. Easier to get to from where I live too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
According to a post on reddit, the new Mandalorian has a new flesh tone for his head in the upcoming set. As a sworn BLM Antifa SJW, the kind your drunk uncle warns you about, this pleases me greatly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Veotax posted:

Lady, actually.

But yeah, it was either that or Leicester Square, I assumed that was the lesser of two evils. Easier to get to from where I live too.

Apologies!

I used to live in NW London so I’d nip up to Watford. They’d always have whatever sets I want in, and were super generous with the GWPs, often throwing a couple of extra older ones in they still had kicking around. I loved going there. :unsmith:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

deoju posted:

According to a post on reddit, the new Mandalorian has a new flesh tone for his head in the upcoming set. As a sworn BLM Antifa SJW, the kind your drunk uncle warns you about, this pleases me greatly.

I saw that too, and I hope it's correct and not just a lighting thing. I demand heads with a whole range of faces in a whole range of flesh tones. Hell, Lego, give me a booster pack of only heads and hands in drat near every flesh tone color to fill out my cities. :getin:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I saw that too, and I hope it's correct and not just a lighting thing. I demand heads with a whole range of faces in a whole range of flesh tones. Hell, Lego, give me a booster pack of only heads and hands in drat near every flesh tone color to fill out my cities. :getin:

:hmmyes: Need to get my wedding cake toppers as accurate as possible.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Hell, Lego, give me a booster pack of only heads and hands in drat near every flesh tone color to fill out my cities. :getin:
:hmmyes:

Hands too.

Oh, here's the link that I forgot to include earlier.
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/ug3283

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

For anyone in the UK Game has the Tallneck in stock on their website and in store (where I picked up mine) and they have it at 20% off already.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What day do the non-SW GWP become available? I know there are a couple coming later this month. I'm hoping/waiting to pick those up with...ideally one of the new sets.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

deoju posted:

:hmmyes:

Hands too.

Oh, here's the link that I forgot to include earlier.
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/ug3283

mediumer nougat

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I went to the Tukwila store today, expecting to get there ~20 minutes before opening to get the Tallneck, orchids, and succulents. When I got there, I saw people already leaving with Lego bags, and it turned out they opened early because of Star Wars. The place was packed, and an employee made at least three trips to refill the succulents & orchids while I was there.

Unfortunately, they ordered 24 tallnecks and only 6 made it to the store (employee thought the others went to the Lynnwood store), and all six sold out before I got there. Picked up the new Lightyear ship, which was a pretty neat build, but it's pretty small for $50 (it's very dense, though). Also got the orchids, succulents, and sunflowers. Guess I'll have to wait for a restock on the Tallneck.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Looks like the next lot of City sets are trying a new app integration thing called Missions. Seems like it gives you the core of a model and encourages variation on the rest.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Low-fi LEGO and trying to get you to install an app that they'll stop caring about in a year or two, name a more iconic duo.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'm too tired to go through them all and rehost images, but I did see the train station and passenger train leaks were on reddit's LEGOtrains sub earlier, in addition to the cargo train a few days back. I'm not too impressed, but if zavvi or someone has a 20% off sale at some point I'll probably bite.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Will be a little disappointed if the 3-in-1 Noodle Shop has stickers (like it appears to) but I like the set and look forward to seeing how well it works next to the other buildings from the line.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooh I like the noodle shop! I feel like we haven’t had a mini-modular for a while.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh I like the noodle shop! I feel like we haven’t had a mini-modular for a while.

Yeah the toy shop at the start of 2020 was the last one, and the folding corner design is even older. It looks shallower than the toy store and pet store though it does have the same connection pins.

I'm keen.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Aaww yeah. I was on the lookout for a new one. I even panick bought the toy shop a few weeks ago because i thought i missed it. Didn't and now i have two.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Agreed, noodle shop looks cool.

lol at the bath tub motorcycle
https://www.thebrickfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/LEGO-City-Stuntz-60333.jpg
I love it, but how the heck did that make it off the drawing board?

deoju fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 2, 2022

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I really don't get why Lego keeps trying to make app integration a thing.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Skios posted:

I really don't get why Lego keeps trying to make app integration a thing.

Eh, not that surprising. I saw a talk by Jørgen Vig Knudstorp back when he was CEO and he focused heavily on how LEGO didn't consider other toy makers as their main competitors, but saw themselves going up against anything that parents could theoretically buy their kids instead of LEGO. Things like iPads, consoles and computers played a heavy focus here, where they wanted to ensure that LEGO was as attractive as those things, so imbedding APPS as a central feature is probably a top-down directive, more than the actual designers thinking "Yo it would be cool to scan my sets and record a music video"

They've been trying for the better part of decade to get into this space?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

First 2022 Ideas wave has been announced.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I would buy the insects.

I’m surprised they let the Air Jordan set with a Nike logo get to this step.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Somewhat interested in:

Forestmen (but really, let's face it, any and all castle lego)
Wild West Mine (I still regret never getting any of that theme when it was out)
Steampunk airship
Castle of Brickwood Forest (see above)
Aladdin
Market Village (do we really need another one of these? The answer is yes)\
The Legend of the Sea Serpent
Living on the Edge (but there's no way that one gets made, surely)
Jules Verne's Nautilus

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I've been waiting for that Lancia for a while.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
love the Koala, reminds me of the 3 in 1 tiger in terms of being a fairly complex animal build. Insects are great too. the detailing on the cash register is amazing, but it looks like it would be super expensive as-is, and would have to be quite a bit smaller to be made, which might make it look less interesting. Hanging flowers are a nice idea but could do with having more than one actual flower. Sea serpent is cool.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I like a lot of those!

Wild West Mine: Thunder Mountain, is that you?
The Library: Nice, but I don't think I'd pick it up
Tales of the Space Age: Would buy
Adventure Box: There's no way those handles are functional right?
Hanging Flowers: There's no way those chains can handle the weight right?
AJ1 Retro High: Oh yeah like I'm gonna sleep on my chance to get a pair of Chicagos, Top Ten, Shattered Backboards, Breds, Pine Green, or UNCs...
Trains:
I would buy the trains because my innate desire for a lego train set already means I have too many (read: Non zero) that I want to build in my new house but know I have no space and shouldn't.
Pnematic included.
Lego Minerals: I love the theme but I've seen other better models of the items included. And it's so geometric there's no frogs!
Antique Cash Register: SO SHINY!
Concorde: No UV screen no vote :colbert:
Mini City Underground: They'd all be stickers :(
Lego Koala: A Buy.

Honerable Mention:
UCS Toilet.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Tales of the Space Age, Concorde, and Orient Express are tentatively my would-buys for this round.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
All the castle sets seem really cool but I feel like Lego will only allow 1 per Ideas year, if that. Wish they would just re-release the Market Village set from 2009.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm not really drawn in by any of those. The toilet is funny though. My sister would poo poo a brick for those minerals. Also, has there ever been a technic ideas set?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Every one of these Ideas sets seem way too complicated and unnecessarily overly detailed to me and would look out of place on a shelf next to other lego / ideas sets.

The only one I think I'd actually pay money for are the space age postcards.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

AFewBricksShy posted:

I've been waiting for that Lancia for a while.

If it doesn't get made, there is no god.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I know I can't make a whole motorized setup or anything, but I've loved the Wuppertaller Schwebebahn since that Franka Potente movie in 2000, Princess and the Warrior. Plus it's just fun to say.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
None of those ideas sets really grab me. :shrug:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Dogen posted:

If it doesn't get made, there is no god.

It's beautiful- but imagine the stickers :gonk:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The closest one to the actual spirit of Ideas is the UCS toilet.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The closest one to the actual spirit of Ideas is the UCS toilet.

Redesign it so it's the Marcel Duchamp installation and you've got a sale.

Other than that, I liked the insects, antique cash register, Lancia, and either of the trains. I'd go for the Concorde if it also had an Air France livery option.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Forestmen, rally car, and blimp are all really tempting to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I want every forestmen and forest castle theme I've ever seen, in one place

My own fantasy forest

(Does LEGO have wood elves?)

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

I want every forestmen and forest castle theme I've ever seen, in one place

My own fantasy forest

(Does LEGO have wood elves?)

Yeah but they're all made of 6 brown frogs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love the slice of London one, and Concorde. I feel like I’ve seen that airship one a couple of times before?