Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Gynovore posted:

I played Burden of 80 proof a long time ago. It's weird and quirky but very different from regular Deus Ex.

Not in a bad way, though. You have multiple ways to complete objectives, but those objectives are in service of securing booze, video games, recreational drugs etc. for the weekend, in a near-future that isn't dark and dystopian (so a fantasy setting, basically).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Captain Walker posted:

Off the top of my head, the major completed DX1 mods are: TNM, Zodiac, 2027, Redsun 2020, Terminus Machina, Nihilum, and Burden of 80 Proof. The latter is pretty cool and has almost no combat.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2382743089

Sold

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

drat it now I need to reinstall TNM, which means either reinstalling Revision or screwing up my LDDP install. I wish the Revision guy would take the memo that his new maps are the part of his mod I care about least.

LDDP is built into Revision now, and there's also a setting to switch the to the original DX maps.

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 14, 2022

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Is there Lay D Tenton?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Kurui Reiten posted:

LDDP is built into Revision now, and there's also a setting to switch the to the original DX maps.

If the original maps at had the fixes from Transcended, I'd be all for it. It sounds like they don't even include the new LDDP NPCs. Give me Liam or give me death :colbert:

domhal posted:

Is there Lay D Tenton?

You're thinking of Lay D Renton, aka "Ton"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

If the original maps at had the fixes from Transcended, I'd be all for it. It sounds like they don't even include the new LDDP NPCs. Give me Liam or give me death :colbert:

According to the update that mentions it, you can put the Transcended maps in your DeusEx/Maps folder, and it'll pull from those when you select Original maps. So, yeah, you can get Transcended in Revision.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Don't think I've read this before:
https://gropingtheelephant.com/blog/?p=2545

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is that a link to a beastiality site

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

site posted:

is that a link to a beastiality site

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

quote:

There are no stated objectives that require exploration of this bunker [behind the Statue] and it could just be ignored, though I suspect few would be willing to do that. It clearly serves some function and therefore it is worth at least a cursory examination...

...[there is] strange industrial pounding that grows louder as you descent the ramp, drowning out your footsteps. The source of this noise is never identified though the indication is that there is some large machinery under the surface of the Island.

Like a Throne/6G nanotech lab beneath UNATCO HQ, for instance.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

jc real

https://twitter.com/MaryLaufeyson/status/1518932946295603200/photo/1

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1521030626975133696

I had to look it up but Embracer Group owns Gearbox, THQ Nordic, Deep Silver, and Dark Horse Comics among other things

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well, I’m cautiously optimistic since they’re more likely to do something with those IPs than SE has proven.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The transaction will close within 6 months.

There had better be a new DX game in development within 6 months.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Embracer group will continue to report on its progress within 6 months.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Old men, selling the future.

Within six months.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Electronic old men, making lovely Avengers games.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

aparmenideanmonad posted:

can't wait to see the monkey paw curl on this one

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Would be nice to see if they end up doing something with the Legacy of Kain series too but that is also a very monkey paw wish

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

site posted:

Randy Pitchford's Deus Ex

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Eason the Fifth posted:

Randy Pitchford's Deus Ex
JC is a lovely birthday magician who hits on your mom in front of everyone now. Get used to it.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Casimir Radon posted:

JC is a lovely birthday magician who hits on your mom in front of everyone now. Get used to it.

Sticks and stones.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

site posted:

Deus Ex NOW: gacha PUBG game, rifle through abandoned hong kong apartments for rare chests that you can unlock with CYBERpoints

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

sebmojo posted:

Deus Ex NOW: gacha PUBG game, rifle through abandoned hong kong apartments for rare chests that you can unlock with CYBERpoints

What a shame.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

site posted:

UN Augmented Ape Token Club Offering

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Used 0451 as my wallet passphrase, now my apes are gone.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, RIP

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Sometimes you just have to let go, and embrace what you've become: Eidos Montréal's bitch chamber-boy.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Final part of Adam Clonesen please.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

UN Augmented Ape Token Club Offering

U...UNAATCO?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No, Savage

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Electronic Old Men, Warning Warning

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Can't wait to see what they do with Thief

Edit: that was meant to be snarky but really, thief 4 was so bad that anything would probably be an improvement

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 3, 2022

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Thief 1 & 2 in the new Unreal engine please. (I though Thief 3 was alright)

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I'd actually just be really happy with a Thief about old Garrett voiced by old Stephen Russell, being too old for this thieving bullshit but being hauled in for one last job that (naturally) goes off the rails and changes the future course of The City.

But that said, Thief 3 really did have a perfect ending, and no matter what else happens to the IP, the series (like Deus Ex) shifted the landscape of an entire genre. Looking Glass is already in the textbooks for the field even if a general audience might not remember the name. That's pretty goddamned good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've got zero confidence in a remake. No matter whose hands it would be in, it would screw up the ambience and they'll never manage to nail the sound design like the OG did.

That said I'm glad all those ip's are free from squeenix. I've never seen a company gently caress up so many good properties. Not even EA or Activision. Sleeping Dogs could've been as big as Saints Row at least and instead they force the studio to make some lovely cashgrab multiplayer game then shutter the studio when the obvious happens and people realize the same people who lived the single player story heavy game don't want a lovely multiplayer pseudosequel

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Outpost22 posted:

thief 3 with the mods that de-console it is great.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

the monkeys paw curls a finger and the thief trilogy is remastered on ue5 by the idiots that did the gta remasters

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That would actually own. I've not laughed as hard as I did at the constant fuckups from that before or since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
So many people seem to consider Thief 3 as a step down from 2, which was admittedly great, but 3 is my favourite of the series. Shalebridge terrified me, and I'm not easily shaken by much of anything.