Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Grip it and rip it posted:

Wait do people get paid to make bad 4 panel comics?

Yes, they are called NCOs.

Representing the Navy core values of HONOR COURAGE and COMMITMENT is a 24/7/365 obligation which means you get paid for everything you do, 24 hours a day including making mcpon memes and even sleeping in your bed at home. Isn't that great?

Between your base pay, bha, comrats, sea pay, and hazardous duty you are earning roughly 8 dollars an hour. Congratulations shipmate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
junior officers paying to make others see them making fun of senior officers is the most junior officer horseshit I've ever seen

EDIT: At least US Army WTF is run by and supports grunts, christ this is just sad

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This is the best day ever, I'm finally loving done.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Elviscat posted:

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Elviscat posted:

Congrats welcome to the cool zone

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

I’m so happy for you. :dance:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Elviscat posted:

Hell yeah

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Elviscat posted:

Hell yeah:slick:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Elviscat posted:

o7

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Elviscat posted:

Congratulations

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Elviscat posted:

:toot:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Elviscat posted:

MY FRIEND MIGHT I TELL YOU ABOUT THE RESERVES????????

(Stay away and fly far!)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

smoke some weeeeeeeeed

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Anita Dickinme posted:

It’s like 1980 was the first year of millennials iirc, but I know a quick Google search can verify that, so yeah. Having that first group of millennials in charge is funny blaming themselves. Also considering the changes they’re always talking about that they hate and blame on millennials is being changed by their fellow chief and higher ranking officer millennial peers but let’s blame the bumfuck E3 who is totally to blame why hazing isn’t a thing anymore.

however, in my mind, this makes the natural millenial >> snake person translation even more hilarious. my condolences to the modern, snake-person ridden navy

bring on the mcspon memes

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Elviscat posted:

say it with me: "gently caress you if you're still in"

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Elviscat posted:

:toot:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 14, 2022

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I got stoned AF on like $4 of legal weed last night and my GF cooked me a nice filet.

10/10 would leave the Navy again.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Elviscat posted:

Congrats

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Every day I wake up wondering what's gonna get me through another Fine Navy Day and today it's the fact that there's a Weird Al biopic starring Daniel Radcliffe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXGgwhO6jc

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LCSs are just breaking themselves up now apparently.

This is the class the Navy wants to keep more of too.

It's probably due to sailors not cleaning and painting enough.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Totally normal for a huge aluminum boat. The EPF are full of stress cracks and they come from same yards.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
"crack size and visibility do not impede the ability of Independence-class ships from meeting operational requirements"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_tanker

Is the first thing that came to mind gently caress that poo poo. Thought they were trying to decomission those anyways?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

my old command had another suicide. The triads response was to cancel the command picnic since it would be inappropriate to do that after a troop took their life.

They're doing a training day instead.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

my old command had another suicide. The triads response was to cancel the command picnic since it would be inappropriate to do that after a troop took their life.

They're doing a training day instead.

Suicide awareness training ofc

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

That's important sure but can it supersede 3M? There's been some unsat spot checks in the equipment yard. That may be related to the suicide, actually.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

That's important sure but can it supersede 3M? There's been some unsat spot checks in the equipment yard. That may be related to the suicide, actually.

Buddy you are going to need to Trigger Warning that

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Update - there was no suicide awareness training just 101 days of summer (maybe lack of RODS form awareness caused this tragedy)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Elviscat posted:

LCSs are just breaking themselves up now apparently.

This is the class the Navy wants to keep more of too.

It's probably due to sailors not cleaning and painting enough.

Good that the indies are poo poo houses too.

I mean I already knew that but generally the articles are about freedom

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

lightpole posted:

"crack size and visibility do not impede the ability of Independence-class ships from meeting operational requirements"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_tanker

Is the first thing that came to mind gently caress that poo poo. Thought they were trying to decomission those anyways?

Can build them faster than we can decom them. Perfect system.

Also it can't go over 15kts and apparently it meets mission requirements. Because they have no mission.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

lamo

https://www.reddit.com/r/navy/comments/uob3o9/e3_no_barracks_anymore_at_nas_key_west_33040_so/

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Commands are in an active competition to see which can gently caress over sailors more.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Some mid level O or GS employee with balls is getting a kickback on those housing rates somewhere

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hot rack and save $500 each bing bong so easy

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Trailers (Cottages)

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Yeah, my squadron/air wing just did a det to Key West, transient lodging there is an absolute shitshow. They don't have enough room on base to host everyone despite the fact that air wings do this all the time, so we had to put everyone up out in town at the government rate of $304/night during peak spring break season. And it was a struggle to find places that were willing to go that low for a large group reservation. As a result we had to send the planes and most of the squadron back halfway through the det, only leaving a handful of controllers behind to do all the remaining events from TCTS. I'm not at all surprised that the permanent housing isn't any better, that place needs a serious overhaul.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I just had some wierdness with my NYC orders. They told me not to book lodging, that I didn’t need a CNA because they got a hotel for us in time squares. They even put it the orders in addition to the orders saying lodging was available.
So naturally orders were rejected for not having booked lodging.
Navy Lodge lady laughed at me when I asked for a room during fleet week and asked me if I was out of my mind. Then I got my CNA and moved on with my life.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Crab Dad posted:

I just had some wierdness with my NYC orders. They told me not to book lodging, that I didn’t need a CNA because they got a hotel for us in time squares. They even put it the orders in addition to the orders saying lodging was available.
So naturally orders were rejected for not having booked lodging.
Navy Lodge lady laughed at me when I asked for a room during fleet week and asked me if I was out of my mind. Then I got my CNA and moved on with my life.

Yo. You're coming up for Fleet Week? We should hang. It's always a poo poo show, but you'll never find a better time to drink cheap in NYC.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah but last I drank at fleet week I blacked out in about the first hour of Liberty at the killary rose after getting off the Staten Island ferry and woke up back on the ferry with another e5, two passed out chiefs and a pair of O3s. The E5 was freaking out because we were gonna miss curfew but I pointed out if we carried a chief in I don’t think anyone would care.
And since the two chiefs and officers were the highest ranking Navy on the USNS ship we were attached to I was right.

I’ll be mostly at museums and Broadway shows during my downtime but I’d be up for a dinner and beer. Just PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah but last I drank at fleet week I blacked out in about the first hour of Liberty at the killary rose after getting off the Staten Island ferry and woke up back on the ferry with another e5, two passed out chiefs and a pair of O3s. The E5 was freaking out because we were gonna miss curfew but I pointed out if we carried a chief in I don’t think anyone would care.
And since the two chiefs and officers were the highest ranking Navy on the USNS ship we were attached to I was right.

I’ll be mostly at museums and Broadway shows during my downtime but I’d be up for a dinner and beer. Just PM.

I've got an ISSN (Hopefully IS3 by then) who's also going who may need some gentle shepherding. I think having him in your sphere for his very first AT would let some of your Blessed Reservist rub off on him.