Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Honestly the headline made me think it was an anti-gay thing until I read it and saw that it was outlawing roommates

I'll give you a guess about what kind of groups of unrelated adults they don't want living together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It limits the amount of unrelated people to 3 people, so it seems less like trying to stop gay people from living together and more like trying to end cheap rents.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yeah this one definitely seems targeted at decreasing the number of unoccupied rental properties

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So what’s the deal with this guy

https://twitter.com/jamessantelli/status/1519680532606509057?s=21&t=dkKZaVuFVkg-DHLmWDoNeQ

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

It limits the amount of unrelated people to 3 people, so it seems less like trying to stop gay people from living together and more like trying to end cheap rents.

I'm almost certain my Washington state college town has had the same ordinance for decades.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/CTVLondon/status/1520372417000050688

This woman is literally having more luck applying for assisted suicide than affordable housing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MaximilianK posted:

Eid Mubarak!

T-Pain was a guest voice on Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

And squidbillies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsqRshquGSU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Tucson has a similar ordinance around the university (but the limit is 5 or more unrelated adults) in an effort to combat "mini-dorms" that bypass all of the infrastructure requirements that apartments and student housing usually have.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lXibaHzlI

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amazing.

Also amazing, Rudy pulling off the Kevin Smith look. I'd embed the tweet, but it cuts off far too high.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Rudy, senile, drunk, happy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
First day back after six weeks of parental leave, and I've been booked for a four-hour meeting every day this week :waycool:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Nice! posted:

Outside of some of the really dumb/gross tim and eric and that period of time adult swim had the alt-right power hour on, I agree with t-paine and would much rather have adult swim on than a basketball or baseball game.

Wait what?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

First day back after six weeks of parental leave, and I've been booked for a four-hour meeting every day this week :waycool:

I feel like this is the reason the ICC at the Hague exists.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Howling with laughter

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently back in like 2016 they gave a skit show to a group that was a bunch of alt-right guys. Lasted a few eps then got killed, Million Dollar Extreme or something dumb like that.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

C-Euro posted:

why does a meeting have to be 4 hours? Is it some kind of training?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Apparently back in like 2016 they gave a skit show to a group that was a bunch of alt-right guys. Lasted a few eps then got killed, Million Dollar Extreme or something dumb like that.

Huh go figure

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

EmbryoSteve posted:

why does a meeting have to be 4 hours? Is it some kind of training?

For our upcoming SAP implementation, yeah. They started these trainings the first day that I was out on leave and they're still going! Just pure hell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I really don't understand corporate culture.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Skwirl posted:

I really don't understand corporate culture.

Go watch Office Space 3 times in a row.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

Amazing.

Also amazing, Rudy pulling off the Kevin Smith look. I'd embed the tweet, but it cuts off far too high.

Looks like breakers or palm beach Par 3.
Wild how such incompetence has allowed such an amazing life minus ya know the public ridicule

T-Square
May 14, 2009

General Surgery office: We only have access to equipment to do this surgery on every third Wednesday of the month so those are the only dates we can schedule you, so you’ll have to wait until the third Wednesday of May

Me: Ugh gently caress fine okay

General Surgery office, two weeks before the third week of May: lol we rescheduled your surgery for Friday the 20th actually, be here at 5:00AM idiot!

:argh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

It was called World Peace, iirc. And it was bad.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

C-Euro posted:

For our upcoming SAP implementation, yeah.

Updating existing SAP, or changeover from a completely different ERP system? If the second, :rip:

ERP transitions are the wooooorst.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Go watch Office Space 3 times in a row.

I've done that while high and my main conclusion was Milton was absolutely right to burn the whole thing to the ground.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

So you do understand corporate culture

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Updating existing SAP, or changeover from a completely different ERP system? If the second, :rip:

Second bb. This project has been going on at least a year and will outlive us all. I'd completely phone it in but the job I've been casually entertaining wants someone with SAP experience, which I guess I'm getting from these meetings? I should just be playing MTG Arena on my phone tbh

BrownThunder posted:

P much

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

And yet somehow everyone thinks my views are "too extreme" when I say poo poo like "Robespierre did nothing wrong."

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

C-Euro posted:

Second bb. This project has been going on at least a year and will outlive us all. I'd completely phone it in but the job I've been casually entertaining wants someone with SAP experience, which I guess I'm getting from these meetings? I should just be playing MTG Arena on my phone tbh

P much

SAP is cool when it's established, but oof on that in-between part. If you are doing it within the company as a fresh start, maybe it won't be bad. We were implementing it because we were acquired, so all of our meetings were the SAP team (for a 50k+ employee company) saying here's how it works, you're losing a bunch of functionality.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Skwirl posted:

And yet somehow everyone thinks my views are "too extreme" when I say poo poo like "Robespierre did nothing wrong."

the older i get the more i understand and empathize with people like Robespierre and Mao.

just being any amount of not rich, not delusional, and not in denial seems to do that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Much like with Mao, just because they did a bunch of things correctly really doesn't excuse some of the other stuff.

The terror was such a loving bad mistake, his incompetence led to the Thermidorean reaction and the handing of power to the naked incompetence of the directory which might as well have been a direct handoff to Napoleon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I did my undergrad in supply chain management, one class I took was an ERP class and we had to read a book about an ERP implementation called "Why ERP?"

It's a really bad book, our professor admitted as such and said "it's the only fictional book on an ERP implementation, sorry. If someone writes a better one I'll implement it into the curriculum."

Funny enough, the first 7/8ths of the book talks about how great ERP systems are, then the last part is that the ERP implementation failed and the protagonist is finding a new job lol

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Any migration from one TLA system to another sucks so much. All they ever want to do is make their old process which is the problem in their new system and thus import all the old problems but with more shiny UI.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

"loving bad mistake" is an interesting way to describe The Terror, like the major problem was that it was a tactical error in achieving his goals.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

"loving bad mistake" is an interesting way to describe The Terror, like the major problem was that it was a tactical error in achieving his goals.

All revolutions require violence and repression to set the base to build something better. A common problem with them is like with the terror, they continued and ramped it up after they had won. They had defeated the invading armies, they had put down the internal revolts, they had defeated the royalists.

Should've gotten around to implementing any parts of the Constitution of '93 :colbert:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
At least La Marseillaise is a badass national anthem.

Their blood will feed our crops :black101:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the older i get the more i understand and empathize with people like Robespierre and Mao.

Too bad about all that sexual predation and 14 million dead!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Met Gala doing a gilded age thing is a little too on the nose for me even if it's self aware

https://twitter.com/metmuseum/status/1521256390391734272?t=MJ4xK89GMhtGV5EY6jtiVw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

dirty shrimp money posted:

Anyone know anything about Astoria Oregon? A recruiter contacted me about a job there that would be a nice pay raise and a big relocation package, and the weather sounds just fine to someone from southeast Texas, but there's got to be something bad wrong.

I like visiting Astoria. One of my Coast Guard friends was stationed there for a while and we'd go camping out at the nearby hills. Like other said, be ready for rainy & grey winters.

Being almost 2 hours from Portland isn't bad per se, but it means the community is fairly conservative. Warrenton is just west of it and Ft. Stevens State Park is fun to visit.