Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
At least it's not an archipelago. How much shore line do you NEED christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Quebec is a peninsula

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
hard to say which is worse, really

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
is he dead yet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
not as far as i can tell

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Russian state media threatens
Canada with 'don cherry'

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

vyelkin posted:

Canada with 'don cherry'

I surrender unconditionally

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If my children have to learn Russian to protect them from the return of Coach's Corner, so be it.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

vyelkin posted:

Canada with 'don cherry'

can a war crime receive the order of canada?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Chuds and boomers cant let go of their fallen protochud lmao

Doomed to reignite the don cherry culture war twice a year until his passing

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Quebec is a peninsula

"He said it was just a name!"
"What he meant is that monster island is actually a peninsula"

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
"cherry tsunami" is a good collective name for the grassroots populist movement that surrounded prime minister don cherry's initial campaign

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Get this: Donald Cherry

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/globeandmail/status/1521178916035215361

Was it a problem that everyone expects to buy a house and then have a renter pay the mortgage? No the problem is interest rates.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
There it is again "mom-and-pop." but now it's "real estate investors" lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mom and pop real estate investors.

you know, that kindly old couple down the street that own five condos to fund their retirement

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they might have to sell some of the properties if the carrying costs get too high.

then they're going to have to choose between four months in boca raton or an alaskan cruise this summer because they just can't afford both any more.

have you no pity?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You want them to have to put on their reading glasses and work out the numbers instead of just blindly buying, then renting, and having it work out? Pretty heartless tbh.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i cannot believe these poor innocent investors leveraged themselves into a place where they could, god forbid, lose money on real estate.

how have we as a society failed them so badly?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Dreylad posted:

There it is again "mom-and-pop." but now it's "real estate investors" lmao

absolutely beyond parody

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

again, we're talking about small time investors with portfolios of assets, at minimum worth over a million dollars, and if they own more than one property, several million dollars

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

look, if mom and pop landlords are forced to sell, then that will flood the market, and prices might go down. I think you'll understand why renters need to eat the cost increase.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

mom and pop shipping magnates

mom and pop industrialist moguls

mom and pop barons and baronesses

ok so maybe it can be parodied

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they're running rental fiefdoms, right?

so they're lords and ladies, at minimum

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

it’s gonna be cool when inflation just goes completely out of control because they can’t raise interest rates without bankrupting the ~30% of the country that has a variable mortgage rate lmao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Starks posted:

it’s gonna be cool when inflation just goes completely out of control because they can’t raise interest rates without bankrupting the 40% of the country that has a variable mortgage rate lmao

Some friends of mine got a mortgage when the interest rate was 0.25%. I said, "Wow, a fixed rate mortgage right now is the best thing ever." They said "Oh, we went for variable rate, it's 0.5% lower!"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
mom-and-pop mining conglomerates

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

this country was built on mom and pop companies. ever heard of a little thing called Hudson's Bay owned by King Charles II and Queen Catherine?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mom-and-pop real estate investors

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this country was built on mom and pop companies. ever heard of a little thing called Hudson's Bay owned by King Charles II and Queen Catherine?

they had children right?

just a couple of mom-and-pop monarchs doing their level best to provide for their family

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

BIG POPPA PUMPING MONEY INTO REAL ESTATE

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

https://mobile.twitter.com/globeandmail/status/1521178916035215361

Was it a problem that everyone expects to buy a house and then have a renter pay the mortgage? No the problem is interest rates.

It’s funny to see mainstream publications finally talking about the systemic issue which I was posting about in the debt bubble thread back circa 2016. :cripes:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

vyelkin posted:

Canada with 'don cherry'

pretty sure the Cherry Bomb is a war crime

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Rime posted:

It’s funny to see mainstream publications finally talking about the systemic issue which I was posting about in the debt bubble thread back circa 2016. :cripes:

actually, the problem here is supply, because

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

eXXon posted:

BIG POPPA PUMPING MONEY INTO REAL ESTATE

Mom and Big Poppa Pump real estate investor:

You know they say that all markets are created equal, but you look at me and you look at my dangerously overleveraged rental property and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another landlord, you got a 50/50 chance of renting their home. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at rent me. Then you add inflation to the mix, you chance of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at the Landlord and Tenant Board, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Brad J Lamb KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So tenant, you take your 33 1/3 downpayment, minus my 25% mortgage rate and you got an 8 1/3 chance of renting my house. But then you take my 75% chance of overextending my credit, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Capitalism. See, tenant, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at the Landlord and Tenant Board.

damn horror queefs has issued a correction as of 23:20 on May 2, 2022

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Ah gently caress quote edit

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Bless you that made my day

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/CharliePinkerto/status/1521153223154753536?t=eGiO4gyRrhCSyVaDr3Okkw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

mom and pop arms dealers