Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i would also like to buy square enix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i've already purchased square enix, all current projects have been canceled to focus on making Final Fantasy Mystic Quest 2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just want square. Someone else can have enix

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Square is going to sell all their IP and invest in jazz music

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think this will be SE's disaster of the 2020's like how Spirits Within was 2000's and original FF14 2010's?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My sources are telling me Sega are in final talks to buy Microsoft with their Sonic movie $$$

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

If they keep putting games on PC at launch I don't really care who buys them

They don't even do that now. If Sony bought them they'd probably just stay PS5 exclusive and they'd throw PC the occasional bone a couple of years later.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Microsoft is going to buy Nintendo because they were mad that an anime sword guy got in smash and not Master Chief

Kale
May 14, 2010

I said come in! posted:

There has been rumors that Sony wants to buy Square-Enix for awhile now.

For me it's the sheer amount of business and production tie-ups the two companies have, particularly in Japan, that points to a potential buy out scenario. That and the current SE CEO appearing to think in pure business terms and not really appearing to give a poo poo if Square Enix remains primarily a video game focused company or becomes something else. Think something like what Konami has become and I imagine that's the future Yosuke Matsuda is looking at for Square Enix and what a lot of their recent business decisions point to as well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

stev posted:

They don't even do that now. If Sony bought them they'd probably just stay PS5 exclusive and they'd throw PC the occasional bone a couple of years later.

Could have sworn FFXVI was coming to PC but can find no evidence of this. drat that sucks

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Relax Or DIE posted:

i've already purchased square enix, all current projects have been canceled to focus on making Final Fantasy Mystic Quest 2

Will there be a collaboration even with Mystic Quest and FFXIV?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

I just want square. Someone else can have enix

I'll take it so that I can fulfill my dream of a localized version of that Dragon Quest MMO for the WiiU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

hatty posted:

Could have sworn FFXVI was coming to PC but can find no evidence of this. drat that sucks

They made ff15 and 7remake look like console exclusives as long as they could. I'm certain 16 is coming to PC, it'll just be a big announcement 1 year later.
And probably on egs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hatty posted:

The initial announcement had an "also available on PC" note at the end of the trailer but it was removed eventually.

I'd expect it to come to PC eventually, though. I'm reasonably sure all mainline FF games are playable on PC now. Might not be out on PC at the same time as console but I'd bet it will be eventually.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh yeah it'll definitely come to PC, it'll just be in 2024, be an Epic exclusive, probably cost £80 and run like poo poo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wait was ff7r an epicgamestore exclusive?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope Sony buys SquareEnix because they'll make sure we get more than one new Final Fantasy game a decade

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Wait was ff7r an epicgamestore exclusive?

So far. Launched last December, so maybe it comes to steam by 2023.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I hope Sony buys SquareEnix because they'll make sure we get more than one new Final Fantasy game a decade

lol, based on what?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Arrrthritis posted:

Will there be a collaboration even with Mystic Quest and FFXIV?

yes, in that ffxiv is cancelled but you can import your character into mystic quest 2

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Relax Or DIE posted:

yes, in that ffxiv is cancelled but you can import your character into mystic quest 2

Awesome. I hope that will finally get me a /shrug emote.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the 2010s had five mainline FF games even if you count all of ff14 as a single thing

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So I ended up getting The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe and, as someone who loved the original... it's only worth it if you never played it. 3,7 hours in and I'm sure I found all the significant new content. I honestly liked some of the new additions and had one particular joke I laughed my rear end off (The 2009-style youtube video about the Warehouse figurine), but it fell kinda flat in content.

Having at least 50-75% of the new content be "the same endings as the original, but now with buckets!" is lame, doubly so when several of those endings barely change with the bucket. And all the jokes about the game being "The Stanley Parable 2!" stop being funny when the game feels like a 10$ expansion pack... which to be fair, is the difference between the original and Ultra Deluxe. It really gave a bit of a cynic feeling, talking about cheap sequels and the wonders of the original when it's pretty much the original with bucket jokes and around 3-5 chunks of funny new content.

I'm not sure if to refund it, since I went past the 2h limit Steam likes to impose on refunds and I'd feel a bit cheap since I did have fun with it, but it did leave me with a jaded feeling after all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Motto posted:

the 2010s had five mainline FF games even if you count all of ff14 as a single thing

Nah, just two.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

for some reason my brain rolled 2009 in but there's still four, one of them is even LR, the rare FF that's actually sort of interesting as a game

Halt!
Oct 11, 2008

is this a place I can post if I like games, seems on-topic but I'm not sure

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Halt! posted:

is this a place I can post if I like games, seems on-topic but I'm not sure

submit your gamer credentials and i'll forward your application to the council

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games? Aren't those super nerdy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vermain posted:

submit your gamer credentials and i'll forward your application to the council

They let me be a gamer, they'll let anyone

rox
Sep 7, 2016

you dont have 2b a gamer to post here......but it helps!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

they would have to rescind miyamoto's policy of "every character in a side game must be a toad"

rumors are they are going to fire miyamoto, he's a terrible programmer these days just lost his edge

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hmm, gotta hit up my uncle for leaks while there's still time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
nintendo are hiring robert pelloni and making bob's game for switch

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

I thought you weren't a gamer? Now I'm confused.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

we didn't "let" you be a gamer. we made you be a gamer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Walla posted:

I thought you weren't a gamer? Now I'm confused.

I am Schrodinger's Gamer, both a gamer and not a gamer until my status is observed

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Schrödinger posited that if a cat had their status set to "appear offline", until they were observed in TF2, the cat was (in a sense) both "online and offline" - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy 1935

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Khanstant posted:

i remember since i'm still boycotting them from it. i will not touch blizzard games until blizzard liberates hong kong

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I never got the whole "thing" with Gex.

Is this like when I post about Knack and people think I'm being ironic

If you're a kid when Gex is out and you think you're smarter than everyone else because you get out of date pop culture references then Gex is the greatest thing you've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

wuggles posted:

If you're a kid when Gex is out and you think you're smarter than everyone else because you get out of date pop culture references then Gex is the greatest thing you've ever seen

Can confirm