Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress yeah playoff hockey. There will be blood tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just in case it means anything to anyone here, for the first round of games where both your regional sports network and the big national broadcaster gets the game - unlike the previous years the national feed won't be blacked out.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

Yeah well, Ryan Reaves is in the lineup for game one for the Rangers, beat that

Reaves is 5 times the player Kyle Clifford is, in that he’s at least good at the useless thing he does instead of terrible at everything, but I feel your pain

eXXon posted:

Simmonds can't do all of the punching; he needs Clifford as backup to guarantee that the fourth line is totally useless.

Apparently Ondrej Kase could possibly start on the second line, so someone is likely to get blown the gently caress up tonight. Seriously, he should retire, not hop back in to the playoffs after probably half as much time off as he needed.

“loving around with the chemistry of the top 6” is also a classic Playoffs Keefe move. I think especially at home there’s an argument that using Engvall-Kampf-Kase as a shutdown third line could work, but that’s not what he’s going for. The current configuration looks like Keefe wants to go Matthews vs. Kucherov and spread the scoring out so that the team’s consistently dangerous against the other lines. Which is fine in theory, except that the top two lines now both have somebody with absolutely no history or chemistry playing in their spot because Keefe sucks at moving his lineup around.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Good news, folks! The NBC national blackouts for the first round are no longer in effect with the new ESPN/ABC deal. So let's say you live in Dallas and you'd rather watch the national cable feed for a period. It will no longer be blacked out. So therefore, I can listen to the great Gord Miller on the ESPN2 broadcast here in LA while also watching the local feed on Bally Sports West. Basically, NBA playoff rules are now in effect for the first round.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitch.tv/streameastlive if you need a site to watch on, the bot posts the site in the chat once in a while (plus you can chat along with fellow twitch users, poggers!)

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Go Leafs Go

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

:emptyquote:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/status/1521236996290584576
About what was expected

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

:rip: Perds.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Translation, he is 100% out even if the series goes 7 and will probably have surgery soon.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Yeah high ankle sprain, he done... it's just a coping mechanism for having to start David Rittich in a playoff game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lots of injured goalies going into the playoffs this year. Really bringing the goalie chaos to a frenzy

Speaking of, Jarry's foot must be loving shattered I don't think he's even practiced yet

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I keep telling myself that no matter what happens, enjoy this run because it may never happen again in my lifetime, but as calm and carefree as I've been the last week, those playoff nerves are starting to come back. This playoff drug is the good poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

marioinblack posted:

I keep telling myself that no matter what happens, enjoy this run because it may never happen again in my lifetime, but as calm and carefree as I've been the last week, those playoff nerves are starting to come back. This playoff drug is the good poo poo.

I've largely lost interest in the regular season with regard to anything that doesn't involve my team, but drat if I'm not getting antsy for 7 to get here and I don't even have a dog in the fight.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Yeah good loving luck with that, Preds.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

They should have a banner:

2021-22 Nashville Predators
First Team To Make The Vegas Golden Knights Be The First Team Out

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Koopa Kid posted:

there's just no reason for Kyle Clifford to be anywhere near an NHL roster and he’s absolutely going to take a costly penalty tonight.

Well, at least the major didn't turn out to be costly I guess?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Lots of injured goalies going into the playoffs this year. Really bringing the goalie chaos to a frenzy

Speaking of, Jarry's foot must be loving shattered I don't think he's even practiced yet

I remember hearing or seeing it was broken which would be end of his season for sure.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

aejix posted:

Well, at least the major didn't turn out to be costly I guess?

I’ll take being half right

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

I’ll take being half right

I wasn’t watching the first but as soon as I saw the news I thought of your prediction

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

auston is p good at hockey imo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Begging Marner to stop whipping no look passes into traffic

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

E: not the GDT

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
News: I'm watching the game in Toronto.
Views: Obstructed by standing fans.

Seriously I loving hate it when fans block the main camera when they throw their arms in the air. It's not their fault, but in the year 2022 that should not be a loving problem. Old rear end arenas like the Joe in Detroit I could understand, arenas should be designed around it by now.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/capsboybebop/status/1521309536543461379?s=21&t=NCkeUIQm4hfplWs5OjxyxQ

For the record I don’t think this is a goal, but lol anyway

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I am SO loving cautiously optimistic right now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

eXXon posted:

No you fool, dont do this to yourself.

Also the Tampa Bay Lightning are frauds that needed a global pandemic to win Cups.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If the Leafs finally get the monkey off their back, it’s because nobody believed in them to actually do it ala the ‘18 Caps.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Probably the weirdest thing to me about the game, other than Tampa’s PP being entirely incompetent, is Jake Muzzin looking like an NHLer again after being dogshit and or injured the entire season

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

If the Leafs finally get the monkey off their back, it’s because nobody believed in them to actually do it ala the ‘18 Caps.

it's been 1 game in 1 round
this is powerful dark magic you're invoking

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah Leafs fans in my feed are getting entirely too excited given the entire history of this team.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah Leafs fans in my feed are getting entirely too excited given the entire history of this team.

Any “Toronto Maple Leaf 2022 Staley Cup champions” tattoos yet?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

Jusqu'ici, tous va bien.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

Any “Toronto Maple Leaf 2022 Staley Cup champions” tattoos yet?

Think we gotta wait until at least tomorrow

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah, Leafs can’t just get swept. Lucy doesn’t tell Charlie Brown he can’t kick the football, she has to let him get close before yanking it away.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Leafs real round one challenge doesn't begin until they're up 3-1.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
leafs are going up 3-0 and getting reverse swept

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Koopa Kid posted:

Sheldon Keefe is channeling his inner Babcock and scratching Spezza for game 1 in favour of someone worse. It’s not quite as bad as it could be because Spezza’s a shadow of who he was last year, but there’s just no reason for Kyle Clifford to be anywhere near an NHL roster and he’s absolutely going to take a costly penalty tonight.

This prediction turned out to be quite accurate.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
It was more stupid than costly, but pretty close nonetheless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I’m rooting for the Oilers in this round because gently caress the Kings, HOWEVER an Oilers first round exit would be the second funniest first round exit of the year (after Toronto), so it’s hard to say what I’m really rooting for in this series