Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Nodelphi posted:

So the average debt is about 40k, sure this makes a dent but they’ve turned off payments for almost two years now and they think they can just turn payments back on after tossing this out? With record low savings and soaring inflation? How do they honestly think this is going to go? The American people will line up to vote for them after they do the smallest *something* they can possibly do?

"what are you gonna do, not vote for democrats?"
-quote from losing party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

some folks did dig up that around that time an ancestor of hers killed two native kids. it made the papers!

I'm sure her ancestors celebrated the native person who joined their family the same way she celebrates her native history(by lying about it, hurting them, and stealing from them for their own gain)

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Nodelphi posted:

So the average debt is about 40k, sure this makes a dent but they’ve turned off payments for almost two years now and they think they can just turn payments back on after tossing this out? With record low savings and soaring inflation? How do they honestly think this is going to go? The American people will line up to vote for them after they do the smallest *something* they can possibly do?
in fairness, they're not going to do it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
"I don't want my kids to grow up"
- Joe Biden

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Platystemon posted:

The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1520598412210544642

Sweet, an updated Heartbreaking: image.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

30.5 Days posted:

"I don't want my kids to grow up"
- Joe Biden

promises kept mister president

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

fast cars loose anus posted:

The thing that makes me think she actually, definitely did do that in this case is because the recipes in question were published by this French chef in 1979 and Pow Wow Chow came out in 84 so it's not like she was giving out something mom made for her since childhood

I'd just like to point out that Pierre Franey was a huge loving deal. It would be like stealing a recipe from a more respectable version of Gordon Ramsey and passing it off as your own. On his cooking show on PBS he would go top rated restaurants and disagree with the chefs about their methods and they would just sit there and take it because apparently you didn't argue with Pierre Franey.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Platystemon posted:

The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1520598412210544642

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

cenotaph posted:

I'd just like to point out that Pierre Franey was a huge loving deal. It would be like stealing a recipe from a more respectable version of Gordon Ramsey and passing it off as your own. On his cooking show on PBS he would go top rated restaurants and disagree with the chefs about their methods and they would just sit there and take it because apparently you didn't argue with Pierre Franey.

Lol I had no idea but that's even better

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

brain been cracked. zanarkand abes all gone.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Biden: Dead and Loving It

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

cenotaph posted:

lmao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Biden: Dead and Loving It

I can't wait to see what he looks like for his 2029 farewell speech

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

remember it's ageist and ableist to find an obviously demented old fleshpuppet repulsive

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

The benefit of the doubt is for people who haven't already committed atrocities.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I can't wait to see what he looks like for his 2029 farewell speech

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

remember it's ageist and ableist to find an obviously demented old fleshpuppet repulsive

just a stutter, bro

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

if he was just a regular one out there that just retires and hides in his hideous and pathetic mcmansion wailing about the state of affairs but he's here to immiserate everyone so its more than generous to find him in a repulsive light as he sells you folksy affability, your primate brain is loving telling you that's a threat right away~ and these dipshits can't figure out why his approvals sag lower than his ballsacks for fucks sake

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Some highlights from the wikipedia article on Franey because his fame has always been the part of the Pow Wow Chow story that breaks my brain the most.

-He turned down an invitation to be Douglas MacArthur's personal chef.
-He was a chef at the French Pavilion and was hired to revamp Howard Johnson's menu.
-The cooking column he wrote for the NY times that the recipe was stolen from was used to launch their lifestyle section and was syndicated in over 360 newspapers worldwide.
-He died after having a heart attack while doing a cooking demonstration on the QE2.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I went and watched one of his old PBS videos and he was making chicken breast. He started talking about how his friend accused him of doing chicken to much so he went and counted and he'd published over 800 different chicken recipes in the Times lol

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
drat, his friend was right.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

30.5 Days posted:

drat, his friend was right.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fast cars loose anus posted:

I went and watched one of his old PBS videos and he was making chicken breast. He started talking about how his friend accused him of doing chicken to much so he went and counted and he'd published over 800 different chicken recipes in the Times lol

i wish i was cool enough to self-narrate it on my show when my friends and acquaintances savagely own me

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

elder scrolls oblivion lookin mfer

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

listen here n'wah

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

This is what this party has presided over.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1521288272021901312

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
seems bad

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the Democrats should do something, etc.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the democrats are going to get destroyed this year

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a result that the Democrats want so that they can fundraise off of it.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Platystemon posted:

It’s a result that the Democrats want so that they can fundraise off of it.

lol nah they're going to run so far away from this just like they did with covid. just never bring it up at all.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

lol nah they're going to run so far away from this just like they did with covid. just never bring it up at all.

it will 100% come up when it's convenient to scold/blame leftists

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Vote Democrat to save abortion ri--!

Ah. Nevertheless,

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Better not pass a national abortion law

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

unlimited shrimp posted:

Vote Democrat to save abortion ri--!

Ah. Nevertheless,

but if we don't gently caress around with solved problems how would we have hot button talking points for our fundraisers

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1521294351141326850