Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

but technically she endorsed turner!!!

always a day late and a dollar short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Taffer posted:

death to america

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

lmao hope

hope is cope

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
The fundraising is already starting lmao goddamnit hate being right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

censorship laws were primarily used to block the spread of information about birth control and abortion. They are gonna come back in a big way, depending on your state.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do miss it, though.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dasar posted:

what will the ukrainian flag emojis be replaced with? throw out some ideas

guess what, there's a vote emoji 🗳️

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TotalHell posted:

starting to think maybe just maybe burning this country to the ground is the right call

starting to?

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Ruthkanda Forever

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Ruthkanda Forever

🙅

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ruthkanda Forever

thank you.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

censorship laws were primarily used to block the spread of information about birth control and abortion. They are gonna come back in a big way, depending on your state.

:confused: I don't think this is correct. They were primarilly used to stamp out "communism", there were many movies and laws passed about it. And these days censorship has been redefined in such a narrow way that unless the government is passing a law that says "we are censoring this topic" no one will call it censorship.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ruthkanda Forever

FINALLY, glad someone said it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Good soup! posted:

FINALLY, glad someone said it

I whisper it to myself repeatedly before I fall asleep each night.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

:confused: I don't think this is correct. They were primarilly used to stamp out "communism", there were many movies and laws passed about it.

google Comstock Laws, they were named after the guy who championed them because he was fervently opposed to masturbation

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:confused: I don't think this is correct. They were primarilly used to stamp out "communism", there were many movies and laws passed about it. And these days censorship has been redefined in such a narrow way that unless the government is passing a law that says "we are censoring this topic" no one will call it censorship.

yeah this sounds more like it imo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

can't believe the most cynical mayor in the us would do this

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Gripweed posted:

google Comstock Laws, they were named after the guy who championed them because he was fervently opposed to masturbation

Comstock influenced a young idealistic college student named John Edgar Hoover.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Nichael posted:

I whisper it to myself repeatedly before I fall asleep each night.

i shout PSAKIBOMB

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

love the idea that simply because "blue states" have abortion laws on the books, that doesnt mean republicans wont seize power federally and put their loving boot to the head of any state laws protecting women

they'll just loving make poo poo up if they have to, you loving rubes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is bad news...

for Ukraine! even the OSINT accounts are distracted
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1521335522148470785?s=20&t=KDqVXbY2i1NV5CS_V2uMkA

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

how monitored are our internet and phone habits?

like if I say “communism is tight” over the phone, is that recorded by the nsa or some poo poo?

if I text “capitalism sucks and alt right people have small peepees”, does the NSA just get that immediately ?

I am curious how censorship will work because I’m hosed

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Good soup! posted:

love the idea that simply because "blue states" have abortion laws on the books, that doesnt mean republicans wont seize power federally and put their loving boot to the head of any state laws protecting women

they'll just loving make poo poo up if they have to, you loving rubes

they’ll never do things that could personally affect me says every comfortable lib

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

preach 👏👏👏👏👏

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

i shout PSAKIBOMB

repeatedly doing that seems like it could lead to some skin conditions

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

unironically thanks a lot obama

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

yeah this sounds more like it imo

They're thinking of the WW1 Sedition and Espionage act, which were used against communists and anarchists but didn't see much use outside of WW1

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

like if I say “communism is tight” over the phone, is that recorded by the nsa or some poo poo?

if I text “capitalism sucks and alt right people have small peepees”, does the NSA just get that immediately ?

Completely monitored, and I assume phrases like that escalate the level once found in the metadata. I don't think people are literally listening, but I'm sure an algorithm is aware of any of us from just voting for Bernie, posting here, or frankly anything else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Unless things get really fucky, it's going to be about publishing and spreading "obscene materials". Not just having a politically incorrect opinion

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

everything you do is tracked, it doesn't even take that much effort, they have algorithms to do it for them and sort the entire population by threat level

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

everything you do is tracked, it doesn't even take that much effort, they have algorithms to do it for them and sort the entire population by threat level

the nsa considers me a triple threat because of my posts, charming good looks, and my ability to end jokes on a third funny bulletpoint

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

poo poo

e: do we have confirmation of this? like that Prism ppt that was leaked or some poo poo?

e2: shiiiit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

poo poo

e: do we have confirmation of this? like that Prism ppt that was leaked or some poo poo?

e2: shiiiit

lmfao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
imagine how much fundraising the democrat are going to get this midterm!!! :eyepop:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If Griswold is overturned, how censorship and the internet intersect could get real weird. Like, mailing someone info about birth control will definitely be illegal, but what about putting a PDF about birth control on a shared server? Who knows

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

doing my patriotic duty by delivering ruthless peoples elbows to every fetus in sight

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

My best friend was harassed by the FBI for basically all of Summer 2020 for a few mild (and dumb) posts.

I got a police visit last Spring. I am not 100% sure what caused it as I told them to speak to my cousin who's a lawyer and they backed off, but I think it was again some stupid lefty joke I made.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Firewall of Alabama

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

dont overturn griswold, i need him, im not fuckin buyin poo poo from wirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
My phone is Chinese made do i need to be worried