Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
sometimes he dives wildly at world-class players and destroys their knees so that's a kind of niche skill set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

is loving chelsea so much the reason he fell on his arse every time he got the ball?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is loving chelsea so much the reason he fell on his arse every time he got the ball?

Love can make your knees wobble

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
He always performs well in national team games, he'll be fine as a rotation player but hopefully Tuchel comes to his senses soon and stops the German agenda.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ozmunkeh posted:

He always performs well in national team games, he'll be fine as a rotation player but hopefully Tuchel comes to his senses soon and stops the German agenda.

Pulisic just isn't anywhere good enough. International football is a lot slower/lower level than any top league/champions league is.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

TheRat posted:

Pulisic just isn't anywhere good enough. International football is a lot slower/lower level than any top league/champions league is.

Shhh. Let us Americans live in our reality bubble.

There's a difference between being right and being nice.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
good enough to what? he's been good and productive in the prem and would have at least a squad role on any team in the league. he's not going to win any world player of the year awards and he isn't worth what they paid for him but he's not completely out of his depth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s the LeBron James of soccer actually

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

bewbies posted:

good enough to what? he's been good and productive in the prem and would have at least a squad role on any team in the league. he's not going to win any world player of the year awards and he isn't worth what they paid for him but he's not completely out of his depth

I think TheRat's actual point is that Pulisic is not as good as American fans complaining about Chelsea's treatment of him believe him to be. I think we all agree that it's not obvious that Pulisic "deserves" more playing time than Tuchel is currently giving him.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

bewbies posted:

He's definitely good enough for a squad role and would probably be a starter for a lower table team. He's not good enough for the kind of playing time he wants for a top club like Chelsea.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

jesus WEP posted:

Come on now, he's not THAT much of a prima donna

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
He should sign for Lazio or Hellas for the meltdowns plus he’s be a nailed on starter and could do a racism with the ultras without a problem.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eric the Mauve posted:

Come on now, he's not THAT much of a prima donna

https://youtu.be/yz2POjWqUMc

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

TheRat posted:

He's definitely good enough for a squad role and would probably be a starter for a lower table team. He's not good enough for the kind of playing time he wants for a top club like Chelsea.

A player like Pulisic who contributed more to our champions league triumph more than any other chelsea player should be given more chance like Mason Mount was given

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
chelsea are a vile club

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

nawilo_420 posted:

chelsea are a vile club

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Pulisic didn't do a lot when he came on, but he also came on at RWB. Also the entire team looked uninterested against Everton, especially for the last 30 minutes.

I do think Pulisic deserves more time at his natural position, especially since Werner has done gently caress all in that spot.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pulisic was kinda hosed from the start as Americans were hyping him up because hes American and non-americans loving hated him already because hes American

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Pulisic is the LeBron James of soccer

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

I reckon he could do a job for Villa or Southampton maybe.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

ozmunkeh posted:

That feels like when Liverpool fans told me Minamino would do a job for Southampton when they loaned him to us.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ozmunkeh posted:

in the pro wrestling sense of the term maybe

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

ozmunkeh posted:

Could do a jobbie for Villa or Southampton maybe

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Starsnostars posted:

That feels like when Liverpool fans told me Minamino would do a job for Southampton when they loaned him to us.

Pulisic has been more productive for Chelsea than Minamino has been for Liverpool. I hate to admit it, but he's a better fit for the league than Taki is.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eric Cantonese posted:

Pulisic has been more productive for Chelsea than Minamino has been for Liverpool. I hate to admit it, but he's a better fit for the league than Taki is.

Pulisic also literally cost 8x what Minamino did.

IMO Pulisic is a decent-to-pretty good player who suffers from being
A) American and therefore hyped to all hell, “Lebron of soccer”
B) American who believes his own hype
C) because of A and the #brandingpotential of the US market, Chelsea paid a pretty hefty transfer fee to buy him so rightly or wrongly, expectations are based upon that
D) on a Chelsea team with a couple genuine world-class and other star players, several of whom are as good/much better in position(s) he plays in so he’s not a nailed on starter

A and C are not really his fault, B and D he can control.

If he had initially moved to a midtable side like a couple mentioned, he’d probably be one of if not the best attacking player on the team and get plenty of playing time. But he wanted to test himself at a higher level sooner, which kudos to him for taking that on. I just don’t have much sympathy when him complaining when he isn’t good enough to dislodge others in their team.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sticksy posted:

But he wanted to test himself at a higher level sooner, which kudos to him for taking that on.

He probably wanted to make a shitload of money too

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
pulisic was coming from Dortmund where he had already done very well, he wasn't going to come to England to join Crystal Palace or something.

Chelsea definitely paid a premium for his age, assuming he continued to develop. he's obviously either plateaued or pegged out talent wise, so that buy doesn't look particularly great.

that said, as an example, he's still younger than Mo or Mane were before they made their moves to Liverpool, so it's still vaguely possible he hits that "legit starter for a champions League side" level. although I'd say it's probably equally possible 5 years from now is hoisting an MLS MVP trophy with a sour look on his face.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The biggest detriment to his development was going to Chelsea

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
https://twitter.com/utdcynical/status/1521256385828245505?s=21&t=u8OaVZak6eazXXcc34MPYA

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's fun to go "lol stupid poo poo American player thinking they can play proper football" but is Pulisic any worse than the blank firing duds Chelsea are starting up front atm?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's fun to go "lol stupid poo poo American player thinking they can play proper football" but is Pulisic any worse than the blank firing duds Chelsea are starting up front atm?

German agenda, OP. It's the only explanation.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Third time lucky.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he’s right, man u are run by a bunch of clowns now and j-lingz deserves better, which he will get coming home to west ham

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

He's bang on about all of this

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Minamino - 9 goals, 103 mins/goal

Pulisic - 7 goals, 256 mins/goal

bewbies posted:

pulisic was coming from Dortmund where he had already done very well, he wasn't going to come to England to join Crystal Palace or something.

Would he be a nailed on starter for Palace?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Strawman posted:

Would he be a nailed on starter for Palace?

Yes. Is this even a serious question?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Yes. Is this even a serious question?

Are you benching Zaha then?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Its these idiot Germans that are useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Der Spiegel pulling the strings again.