Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Is the music *arr app any good? I know it comes up occasionally but I can't even recall the name.

Ideally It can plug in to my Spotify favourite artists/albums and grab things for me in my format of choice (WAV/FLAC) but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

Is the music *arr app any good? I know it comes up occasionally but I can't even recall the name.

Ideally It can plug in to my Spotify favourite artists/albums and grab things for me in my format of choice (WAV/FLAC) but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Lidarr, but I've never been able to get it to work for me. There's just too many different versions of everything, the US release, the JP version with bonus tracks, the first remaster, the next remaster etc etc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Takes No Damage posted:

Lidarr, but I've never been able to get it to work for me. There's just too many different versions of everything, the US release, the JP version with bonus tracks, the first remaster, the next remaster etc etc.

Same frustration here

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I sometimes have hits for really really popular stuff. But anything else is a mess. I mostly just use it to manage my own music I downloaded from Bandcamp or ripped from my own CDs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah, Lidarr can work at times, but the state of music releases on usenet is pretty sad. 75% of the time when you look for an album that isn't a major new release it's going to find individual mis-matched tracks and choke on them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I figured as much. The stuff I'm into is niche enough that I have to buy stuff off of bandcamp most of the time anyway.

Bigger labels seem to just get dumped on there like anything else.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Laserface posted:

You're better off using a tracker. People take a lot more care to make sure all the files and metadata are correct.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I've just started using Lidarr to keep track of my music collection, but I'm mostly not downloading from Usenet or using Lidarr to do it.

It's great that I've been doing Usenet stuff for like 15 years and it keeps getting *better* instead of worse. I just migrated all my stuff to a seed box and instead of uploading all my video, I just downloaded it all again, and it worked perfectly. Within like 3 days I had gotten basically everything.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

more falafel please posted:

It's great that I've been doing Usenet stuff for like 15 years and it keeps getting *better* instead of worse. I just migrated all my stuff to a seed box and instead of uploading all my video, I just downloaded it all again, and it worked perfectly. Within like 3 days I had gotten basically everything.

Yep. I remember before the days of *arr manually downloading episodes one at a time from binsearch and I wrote a bash script that would run through my downloads directory and move episodes into series and season folders. It would have blown my mind to see where we are now and how easy sonarr makes things.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Other than black friday, what's a typical sale day that's a good time to buy blocks

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Ohio State BOOniversity posted:

Other than black friday, what's a typical sale day that's a good time to buy blocks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koningsdag
Usually some deals on the 27th from the NL providers. (usenet.farm for one)

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It is pretty funny that Sonarr (and possibly other *arrs) don't like NZBs with the names of languages in the title, even when they're also in the name of the episode. It didn't have any problem manually downloading the episode "Greek Revival Bookcases" but it sure wasn't gonna do it automatically.

Maybe I'll dig into the source and see if I can make it ignore language descriptors if they appear to be part of the episode title.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Does anyone know a way [preprocess script?] to forbid Prowlarr/Sonarr/NZBGet from accepting nzbs containing no par files?

Some of the indexer automation of p2p releases gets a little wonky and with no pars I'm out of luck if anything goes wrong.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Does anyone know a way [preprocess script?] to forbid Prowlarr/Sonarr/NZBGet from accepting nzbs containing no par files?

Some of the indexer automation of p2p releases gets a little wonky and with no pars I'm out of luck if anything goes wrong.

You'd probably have to script this on the NZBGet side as AFAIK none of the *arr software does anything but parse titles returned from indexers when picking. Prowlarr doesn't really have any filtering functionality yet either.

Is it renaming of obfuscated stuff that gets messed up? From what I hear SABnzbd is a lot better at getting this right, but I haven't used NZBGet for ages and don't really remember why I ditched it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Here you go: https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?t=1736

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
It's there an indexer that's any good for stand up comedy? I'm finding a bunch of shows manually with NZB King which aren't showing up on slug. It would be nice to automate them with Radarr but obviously I need an indexer that lists them for that to work.

Tea Bone fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 10, 2022

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

IDK what any of this is. I clicked a forum ad for Frugal Usenet and gave them money. The OP is mostly dead links.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Can't remember whats in the OP but you wanna set up:

- radarr
- sonarr
- nzbget/sabnzbd
- at least one indexer

Link them all together

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I also got Ombi so I don't have to browse through Radarr/Sonarr/Lidarr. It's all in one place.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

norp posted:

Can't remember whats in the OP but you wanna set up:

- radarr
- sonarr
- nzbget/sabnzbd
- at least one indexer

Link them all together

Yup, https://trash-guides.info/ everyone loves these guides, I keep meaning to read through them myself just to see if there's something in there I don't know that I'd find useful.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I also got Ombi so I don't have to browse through Radarr/Sonarr/Lidarr. It's all in one place.

Or https://overseerr.dev

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yup, https://trash-guides.info/ everyone loves these guides, I keep meaning to read through them myself just to see if there's something in there I don't know that I'd find useful.

Some of the stuff in there is useful, but a lot of it is anal retentive extraneous elitism bullshit

Edit: I mean just look at these loving naming schemes. If you honestly think you need half that poo poo there, then you need psychiatric help.

The Movie Title (2010) Ultimate Extended Edition [imdb-tt0066921][IMAX HYBRID][Bluray-1080p Proper][3D][DV HDR10][DTS 5.1][x264]-EVOLVE

The Series Title! (2010) - S01E01 - Episode Title 1 [AMZN WEBDL-1080p Proper][DV HDR10][DTS 5.1][x264]-RlsGrp

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 3, 2022

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I like overseerr a lot better, I forget why, but I was never really happy with Ombi.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I like overseerr a lot better, I forget why, but I was never really happy with Ombi.

It handles adding TV seasons a lot better.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tornhelm posted:

Some of the stuff in there is useful, but a lot of it is anal retentive extraneous elitism bullshit

Edit: I mean just look at these loving naming schemes. If you honestly think you need half that poo poo there, then you need psychiatric help.

The Movie Title (2010) Ultimate Extended Edition [imdb-tt0066921][IMAX HYBRID][Bluray-1080p Proper][3D][DV HDR10][DTS 5.1][x264]-EVOLVE

The Series Title! (2010) - S01E01 - Episode Title 1 [AMZN WEBDL-1080p Proper][DV HDR10][DTS 5.1][x264]-RlsGrp

Lol that's pretty insane yeah, I don't bother with any of that stuff in the filename if I'm using Sonarr/Radarr because it'll keep that history for me anyway. If I'm doing things manually like I do with HEVC stuff for archiving, I just leave the original filename in place so I know at a glance what it is, so I don't replace with an AVC encode by mistake etc.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Tornhelm posted:

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to be there if you're using library-based players where you don't see the filename. Occasionally it can be useful to know which specific release you have long after the NFO has been deleted.

I've used a minimal naming scheme for years because I was a late adopter of library based players and wanted to keep the filenames friendly for copying to other devices. Since going all in on Plex that hasn't really mattered anymore and when trying to replace a broken release with a new one it's nice to not have to guess which one I have in the first place.

Not saying I'd necessarily go all the way to a scheme like that, but I also can't say it makes anything worse.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

wolrah posted:

Not saying I'd necessarily go all the way to a scheme like that, but I also can't say it makes anything worse.

The fact though is it can make things worse. Super long file names can gently caress with the path length compatibility on some Windows systems. While it is significantly easier to show with anime, even non-anime stuff can come up on and hit that max path length issue once you factor in the rest of the file path structure. Yes you can manually enable long paths per windows client, but you might not always have access to them like that.

I've grabbed these examples from the Tdarr discord. The first example directly breaks the maxpath limit, while the second one is right up on the limit if you have anything more than say "Z:\TV\" as the rest of the path. Stripping the extraneous bullshit from the filenames gives you much more breathing room in that regard.

KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world!/Season 1/KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! (2016) - S01E08 - A Loving Hand for Our Party When We Can't Make It Through Winter! [imdb-tt5370118][WEBRip-1080p][8bit][x264][AAC 2.0][JA]-ANiURL.mkv

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window/Season 1/The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window (2022) - S01E07 - Episode 7 [imdb-tt13315324][-TEPES NF WEBDL-1080p][8bit][x264][EAC3 Atmos 5.1]-TEPES.mkv

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Please tag your gore, pomegranates and filename conventions that include the full show title on every individual file :argh:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tornhelm posted:

The fact though is it can make things worse. Super long file names can gently caress with the path length compatibility on some Windows systems. While it is significantly easier to show with anime, even non-anime stuff can come up on and hit that max path length issue once you factor in the rest of the file path structure. Yes you can manually enable long paths per windows client, but you might not always have access to them like that.

Ah, found your problems.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I've gone with the trash guides naming but it didn't bother me because in Kodi I never see those names. I did find it handy on a few occasions when media wouldn't play properly, and I was able to quickly trace it to the encoding or release not being compatible with my setup, and replace it with something different.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
{Series Title} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title}

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I don't auto rename anything, just manual rename to fix plex sometimes.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

wolrah posted:

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to be there if you're using library-based players where you don't see the filename. Occasionally it can be useful to know which specific release you have long after the NFO has been deleted.

In get keeping the quality, release group etc in the file name, but I can't think of a single time it would be useful to have the IMDb id in the file name? Some kind of library that can't index by movie name and year alone?

Edit: what's with the exclamation mark after series names? I checked it out on the guide and they don't give a reason for it.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I've recently started using the nzb360 which has been a game changer for me on mobile. Radarr and Sonarr have usable mobile interfaces but they're clunky and far from optimised.

Tea Bone fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 6, 2022

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Tea Bone posted:

In get keeping the quality, release group etc in the file name, but I can't think of a single time it would be useful to have the IMDb id in the file name? Some kind of library that can't index by movie name and year alone?

Edit: what's with the exclamation mark after series names? I checked it out on the guide and they don't give a reason for it.

The ID is definitely intended for helping media applications identify files correctly. It's not extremely rare that Kodi and Jellyfin manage to misidentify movies or shows, and especially Kodi with its "Universal Movie Scraper" is surprisingly inaccurate when matching on "$TITLE ($YEAR)" directories in my personal experience.

I've recently opted for just letting Radarr write metadata to disk instead of embedding IMDB IDs in filenames though, which leaves nothing up for interpretation down the line. Will probably do the same on the TV side because it seems to work well and be worth all the extra files strewn all over.

As for the exclamation mark I think it's just part of the lovely show name.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Tea Bone posted:

Radarr and Sonarr have usable mobile interfaces but they're clunky and far from optimised.

Are you on v3 for these? I use the mobile pages for both of these on a regular basis and it's not too bad.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Keito posted:

As for the exclamation mark I think it's just part of the lovely show name.

Ah okay. I saw the exclamation point on the trash-guides docs example as well as here and assumed they were recommending adding it to everything.

The Diddler posted:

Are you on v3 for these? I use the mobile pages for both of these on a regular basis and it's not too bad.

Yeah v3 on both. I absolutely wouldn't argue that it's bad, It's just not optimised. My biggest gripe is the over flow when manual searching and checking why a release was black listed is clunky.

Nzb360 also feels snappier. My server can take a minute to wake-up when I first log in to Radarr/Sonarr. With nzb360, the interface is ready straight away and my server has usually woken up and ready to respond by the time I search for anything.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tea Bone posted:

I've recently started using the nzb360 which has been a game changer for me on mobile. Radarr and Sonarr have usable mobile interfaces but they're clunky and far from optimised.

Looks like this is basically the android equivalent of LunaSea. Super useful, the only gripe I have is that if I add an episode, I'm several layers deep (Sonarr -> Show -> Season -> Episode Search) and getting back to SABnzbd means going all the way back to the main screen and losing all that context. I usually just keep an SABnzbd tab open in my browser so I don't have to deal with it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Looks like this is basically the android equivalent of LunaSea. Super useful, the only gripe I have is that if I add an episode, I'm several layers deep (Sonarr -> Show -> Season -> Episode Search) and getting back to SABnzbd means going all the way back to the main screen and losing all that context. I usually just keep an SABnzbd tab open in my browser so I don't have to deal with it.

LunaSea is on Android too.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

I don't understand why you need to "get back to SABnzbd" after adding something in Sonarr, but guess it's for this use case that NZB360 has a pullout menu on the side of the app for instantly accessing SABnzbd from any view... I'm bad with touch screens and occasionally make it appear on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I let Sonarr rename everything, and Radarr renames nothing, it just puts the original files in a nicely-named directory. If Sonarr downloads something that's bad/hosed up, its easy to just blacklist what it grabbed and let it pick something else. I let Kodi handle displaying and playing the media anyway, and it's all easy enough for even my 4yo to play the next show she wants to watch.