Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Bottom Liner posted:

I can’t begin to fathom how thin they must stretch a game as simple as that over so many characters and extra junk.

I am only here for the minis, and if the game is passable that is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
GI Joe Mission Critical Kickstarter is live, funded in 10 minutes. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renegadegamestudios/gi-joe-mission-critical

Was a fan of the cartoon way back when and I saw some sort of GI Joe-themed deck builder game not too long ago and this is by the same company. The game rules are compatible with the "Guardian System" used by their Power Rangers game. I'm not familiar with it. $99 gets you the base game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Kingdoms Forlorn shipping is €100+ to NZ for the core + one expansion, all in is like €160

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

I can’t begin to fathom how thin they must stretch a game as simple as that over so many characters and extra junk.

Literally the CMON business model

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am only here for the minis, and if the game is passable that is nice.
Good new thread name.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hostile V posted:

Good new thread name.

:hmmyes:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Waste Knights 2nd Edition has an expansion and reprint KS up:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/galakta/waste-knights-beyond-the-horizon-expansion

I've really enjoyed my time with it so far. It's kind of a cross between Mad Max and Fallout/Wasteland, having harrowing journeys across the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Australia attending to one of a number of different branching narrative storybook scenarios (with some scenario-specific random encounters as well as a couple big ol' decks of foes). Combat's fast and brutal; every character's got different skills, special abilities, and advancement options; and scenarios can be replayed at least a few different times with different choices and character builds. Plus the KS version, at least, has some optional modules to vary things up even further. Getting more stuff for it was an easy call for me.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

HiriseSoftware posted:

GI Joe Mission Critical Kickstarter is live, funded in 10 minutes. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renegadegamestudios/gi-joe-mission-critical

Was a fan of the cartoon way back when and I saw some sort of GI Joe-themed deck builder game not too long ago and this is by the same company. The game rules are compatible with the "Guardian System" used by their Power Rangers game. I'm not familiar with it. $99 gets you the base game.

Those Mini sculpts look pretty mediocre but one of them really stands out:

Just casually breaking my wrist to put my SMG on my shoulder. I don’t think any version of this character has ever used an SMG like that either. She’s also usually a very buff character so the mini is a bad sculpt in general.

The rest of the minis look fairly generic with some similarly strange choices.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

HiriseSoftware posted:

I picked up their transformer deck building game to play with my son. Besides the nostalgia art cash in, which is really well done, the game itself was pretty shallow and boring. They also had some kind shipping snafu that resulted in me getting a few extra copy of the copy and 500 extra copies of the promo pack. I sent it all back. I was more happy with a puzzle I bought from them.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Infinitum posted:

Paint the Roses Deluxe Edition arrived today!

Comes with a Gametrayz insert, acrylic tiles, and some pretty decent minis

Everything fits, with room for the 2 extra pack in promo mini-expansions.

Dual layered board goodness

A scratch! Unforgivable! (The starting tiles cover this, so who cares [Protip it's me])

Will be going into heavy rotation for my crew, as we adored the hell out of it on TTS.
Even one of my table regulars picked up a copy for themselves for their family days.

The base game is fantastic, as it's a fantastic mix of Hanabi + Azul + Calico, and I can't wait to open those mini expansions :nyoron:
Just a really great hidden info game.

This looks great. I got the regular edition but still haven't gotten a shipping notification since their US shipping got delayed.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

I'm expanding Mutants in the Now with the help of Sophie Campbell (Wet Moon, Shadoweyes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Fábio Fontes (Buck Up and Drive!, Millennium Blades, Pixel Tactics)! But I've also got a list of surprise creatives to add more via stretch goals, and the announcement's official: sign up to be notified when it goes live! With human-born mutants, wild mutations, over a hundred added species, new mutations, expanded psionics, nefarious villains, and more, there'll be a lot to reveal as we roll it all out.

There's also a dedicated thread for Mutants in the Now you can check out, featuring the creations of Project GOON!

This has been several months getting everybody lined up, so whether or not you're a previous backer or new mutant, I hope you'll join us on the journey to see what's Next!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mine showed up on Saturday and I was informed by my wife that the CMON train no longer stops at our house lol

Cool Mound Of Nerdery

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

PSA: The Anunnaki KS has a bunch of promos you can access via a $1 pledge manager access https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/craniocreations/anunnaki

Bunch of promos for
- Barrage
- Golem
- Lorenzo Il Magnifico
- Maha Raja
- Mystery House
- Newton
- Pakal

This got cancelled as apparently 2/3 of the pledges were for $1

Guess we all just wanted promos :v:

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Infinitum posted:

This got cancelled as apparently 2/3 of the pledges were for $1

Guess we all just wanted promos :v:

Or were trying to avoid paying KS any extra front-end cash. :P

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
Rivenstone, by Broken Anvil, which seems to largely be a Privateer Press successor, launched its KS a couple days ago. Chunky high fantasy aesthetics, 3x3 table, low model count, tempo-based, resource management gameplay.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bamdungeondelvers/rivenstone-a-brand-new-tabletop-miniature-skirmish-game/description

Compelling stuff:
- tempo gameplay, kinda hated it in warcaster but a fixed spawn at the back of the board seems like it should make the flow of the game more intuitive
- neat little random scenario cards that change throughout the game
- resource management, one that is fixed and recovers automatically and one that you have to mine with actions
- 36" table, nice low model count
- 100% widget ranges, didn't expect to like this, but it seems slick in play, and defines the model's movement path for terrain and stuff
- semi-random round length, it's approximately 3 turns of two activations each, but random, so scenario pressure isn't deterministic
- melee attacks are inherently better than ranged, you always roll an "attack die" when you attack and some of its effects are melee-only
Not so compelling:
- no free strikes, you can shoot in melee, though only at things you're in melee with
- opposed attack/defense dice, I prefer target numbers (it's just pass/fail at least, so no huge swings)
- fair bit of cardboard on the table, probably pretty standard for similar games

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

MCPeePants posted:

Rivenstone, by Broken Anvil, which seems to largely be a Privateer Press successor, launched its KS a couple days ago. Chunky high fantasy aesthetics, 3x3 table, low model count, tempo-based, resource management gameplay.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bamdungeondelvers/rivenstone-a-brand-new-tabletop-miniature-skirmish-game/description

Compelling stuff:
- tempo gameplay, kinda hated it in warcaster but a fixed spawn at the back of the board seems like it should make the flow of the game more intuitive
- neat little random scenario cards that change throughout the game
- resource management, one that is fixed and recovers automatically and one that you have to mine with actions
- 36" table, nice low model count
- 100% widget ranges, didn't expect to like this, but it seems slick in play, and defines the model's movement path for terrain and stuff
- semi-random round length, it's approximately 3 turns of two activations each, but random, so scenario pressure isn't deterministic
- melee attacks are inherently better than ranged, you always roll an "attack die" when you attack and some of its effects are melee-only
Not so compelling:
- no free strikes, you can shoot in melee, though only at things you're in melee with
- opposed attack/defense dice, I prefer target numbers (it's just pass/fail at least, so no huge swings)
- fair bit of cardboard on the table, probably pretty standard for similar games

Huh. I'm curious about who all wound up over at Broken Anvil, given that, yeah, they're definitely in PP's neighborhood.

I'm a little disappointed by the faction designs in Rivenstone. The minis that BA has at their website seem a lot more original than the old "human zealot / orcs (but ORRIX) / dwarves / undead" warhammer stand-ins that Rivenstone uses.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Memnaelar posted:

Huh. I'm curious about who all wound up over at Broken Anvil, given that, yeah, they're definitely in PP's neighborhood.

I'm a little disappointed by the faction designs in Rivenstone. The minis that BA has at their website seem a lot more original than the old "human zealot / orcs (but ORRIX) / dwarves / undead" warhammer stand-ins that Rivenstone uses.

The two I know of who made the jump are Oz and Hungerford. Edit: and Faye

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

What's funny is I'm pretty sure they are still orcs, it's just the faction that's called Orrix. Poking fun at GW maybe?

There are some neat things going on there though - human heroes are born with living mineral deposits in place of limbs, and they graft magitech prosthetics on. The undead are a faction that opposed the wizards that made a magic apocalypse hundreds of years ago, and turned to necromancy for survival. Aside from the psychological pressure of being immortal undead, they've kept their humanity, and are one of the better-intentioned factions, since the Shattered Empire and this particular company (like LLC company) of dwarves are pedal to the metal resource extraction, (very real) consequences be damned.

Seems to me they wanted to explore some classic visual tropes, and I'm pretty sure I like them, though that could be my excitement for the game talking.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Less than 24 hours left for Reaper's smaller-than-usual-but-still-substantial pile of plastic tiny mans:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/bones-6-tales-from-the-green-griffin

And, yes, there are sniddies but I feel like an allowance should be made for Wadjet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/25thCG/status/1519852336356769793

https://twitter.com/25thCG/status/1520480857911406594

They are also allegedly doing long out of print Tigris & Euphrates afterwards as well.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Wow, anyone see the current drama over CMON’s Marvel zombies shipping price reveal? It’s apparently like $140+ or something at the low end, going up to like $500. People are suuuuuper pissed and asking for refunds. Glad I only tossed in $1 for the Pledge Manager.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, anyone see the current drama over CMON’s Marvel zombies shipping price reveal? It’s apparently like $140+ or something at the low end, going up to like $500. People are suuuuuper pissed and asking for refunds. Glad I only tossed in $1 for the Pledge Manager.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

yeah I had a look at the comments and people are extremely angry, like even by kickstarter standards

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm kinda glad they ended up making it a Zombicide game because while I absolutely loved the sculpts for all the heroes and villains, they had to waste a ton of character slots on duplicating almost all of them as zombies.
If it was just a Marvel beat-em-up with normal heroes and villains I might have gone all-in. At least I have the complete Marvel United (and X-Men) chibi games, which I'm very happy with.

I do have Trudvang Legends still coming from them after so many years, so I selfishly hope they don't suffer too much instability right now, but I'm also glad it's the only outstanding pledge I have left as I just received Massive Darkness 2 today.

EDIT: Okay, well, I think a bit aspect of the price is that gigantic Galactus statue. If we're talking about the absolute lowest price (shipped in 1 big wave instead of split), it looks like a California address has these prices:
Undead (first core box): $69 (...nice)
Resistance (both core boxes): $80
Hungry (all-in gameplay without Galactus): $99

When you jump to the Galactus pledges...
Galactus (both core boxes + statue): $169
Devourer (everything): $190

So... I'm the kinda guy who would have picked the Hungry pledge because I didn't justify the Cthulhu statue in Death May Die either. $99 is still pretty insane, but I guess that's the reality now. I might have paid it. I don't live in California though, so maybe New York is different.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 1, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I’ve backed several other things recently that are very large boxes and shipping hits the lowest tier of than Marvel zombies pledge at worst. Those are crazy prices.

Edit: Well, Kingdoms Forlorn all in is pretty similar to the Hungry pledge. That galactus mini seems an insane price increase to ship.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 1, 2022

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Maybe we'll see more compact standee/token pledge levels for "truckload of minis" games if shipping prices remain high? One can dream.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

I’ve backed several other things recently that are very large boxes and shipping hits the lowest tier of than Marvel zombies pledge at worst. Those are crazy prices.

Edit: We’ll, Kingdoms Forlorn all in is pretty similar to the Hungry pledge. That galactus statue sees an insane price increase to ship.

CMON loves to do a lot of individual boxes, which I suspect is contributing to the problem. Maybe at the very least they'll be less wildly space inefficient going forwards. It's one of the biggest reasons I refuse to back their projects.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

malkav11 posted:

CMON loves to do a lot of individual boxes, which I suspect is contributing to the problem. Maybe at the very least they'll be less wildly space inefficient going forwards. It's one of the biggest reasons I refuse to back their projects.
I'm looking at a stack of Massive Darkness 2 and Marvel United X-Men just waiting to dump out all the minis and cards from their oversized plastic inserts and just baggie everything up into like 2-3 big boxes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I was so tempted to get that Zombies game but looks like a dodged a bullet, especially when I'm still loving waiting for them to deliver the X-men United poo poo. Nice minis but for the simplicity of the games they do / godawful shipping and skyrocketing prices for their poo poo now, never again. The prices for the Marvel Zombicide poo poo was, I thought, absolutely abhorrent.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

*looking at my $800 zombie galactus mini* this was worth it, I make good life decisions

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Buck Wildman posted:

*looking at my $800 zombie galactus mini* this was worth it, I make good life decisions

It would be cheaper (or at least even) at this point to buy a Resin Printer, nice resin, this stl file (https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/galactus-on-throne) and make your own.

Edit: we’ll, maybe cheaper to buy the galactus. It’s only an extra $250 + shipping to add him so a large resin printer would be slightly more :)

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 2, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lawlicaust posted:

It would be cheaper (or at least even) at this point to buy a Resin Printer, nice resin, this stl file (https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/galactus-on-throne) and make your own.

Edit: we’ll, maybe cheaper to buy the galactus. It’s only an extra $250 + shipping to add him so a large resin printer would be slightly more :)

OTOH you'll save hundreds on future CMON projects that you just print yourself, since the games attached are apparently worthless...

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiritbearstudio/colonies-and-conquerors

now on the plus side, We are a Native American owned business. Also any material we use, we make sure to look up multiple sources to give the most respectful representation. For our core books we have done a brief overview of the larger tribes, but will do other books to do more detail on the many tribes that have existed.

on the other hand, from the dev's reddit replies,

The Tribal Warrior gets a feature called Family Clan at 1st level and you can choose one option from it. Turtle Clan: +2 to defense, even counts as armor. Thunder Clan: add 1d4 thunder damage to melee attacks. Hare Clan: +5 to your movement speed. Owl Clan: +2 to resisting spells. Raven Clan: +2 skill points at 1st level and whenever you gain a level. Bear Clan: Increases carry by 100 pounds. Snake Clan: +2 vs Posion/Disease Lizard Clan: Can do a bite attack as a Secondary Action. Deals 1d4 + Might bonus, heal for the damage dealt.

The Shaman gets a Family Clan feature as well, but it acts as a spell. Choose one of the options, costs 1 spell point and takes a Secondary Action to cast. Turtle Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain +1d4 defense until the end of their next turn. This counts as armor bonus. Thunder Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain +1d4 thunder damage on their next attack. Hare Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain +5 movement until the end of their turn. Owl Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain +1d4 resistance until the end of their next turn. Raven Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain a +1d4 bonus on their next skill roll. Bear Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain +1 Might until the end of their next turn. Snake Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain +1d4 disease/poison until the end of their next turn. Lizard Clan: A target within 30 feet or you gain a bite attack and may attack someone within reach immediately. It deals 1d4 + Might bonus for damage and heals that amount.

The Inventor, Priest and Witch Doctor don't have specialization at 1st level.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Isn't 'Witch Doctor' kind of just a not good term all around? Especially if you can just call it 'houngan?'

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Ra reprint is up. 40 bucks for the standard edition, twice that for the deluxe with wooden tiles and metal score tokens. I played Ra for the first time last week and absolutely fell in love with the design, and the new art and player boards here look great. Unsure about paying around 130 CAD total to get the deluxe shipped over here, not sure how much the metal tokens really matter.

Edit: Wow, it's like 5:1 for people backing the deluxe vs the standard. I guess it's mostly people who signed up to be notified and so are more enthused than someone who finds the campaign later but still, seems like a crazy ratio (I ended up backing for the standard edition. Don't need the added weight and box size for a game I plan to bring around constantly).

BinaryDoubts fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 3, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Blade Runner from Free League is out this morning, up to a half mil. Kickstarter sucks, and Free League doesn't appear to be offering the ol' "add to backerkit" options, so buy it in retail, but worth watching.

Also, nice to get some info on how they've adapted the YZ Engine for Blade Runner. Second game to use full polyhedrals.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

CitizenKeen posted:

Blade Runner from Free League is out this morning, up to a half mil. Kickstarter sucks, and Free League doesn't appear to be offering the ol' "add to backerkit" options, so buy it in retail, but worth watching.

Also, nice to get some info on how they've adapted the YZ Engine for Blade Runner. Second game to use full polyhedrals.

Are there any threads in here on the YZ engine games? I've got a couple I haven't read yet but I'd be interested in hearing other people's experience with it too.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Cole Wehrle's new scifi game Arcs now has a Kickstarter page, going live May 24.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2074786394/arcs

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Are there any threads in here on the YZ engine games? I've got a couple I haven't read yet but I'd be interested in hearing other people's experience with it too.

I looked and I did not see any.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I really liked their Alien game although most of what I liked was the extremely clever panic and stress system. The underlying system is fine, it works well (I also like Takes from the Loop) but doesn't do much original. I'm curious to see what kind of mechanical changes they make to the system since that's where the exciting bits tend to live in my experience. At the very least, the book will likely be very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DarkAvenger211 posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903473&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1